Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,876 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans (20751 Views)

Akulga Widows Pray For PDP Candidates In Rivers Over Assembly Rerun / COZA Church Gifts Widows Materials (Photos) / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Fileki(f): 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2007
i have stopped paying my tithe to my church, just lately i decided to separate my tithe and buy things for widows and orphans around me. Not because i am suspecting anyone, i just feel more comfortable with it . . . do you think it is a good one?

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by ants(m): 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2007
The truth is tithe is for the house of the Lord but u can still give gifts to orphans and widows, (refer to the bible for more info)
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Fileki(f): 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2007
just wondering, . . bring all tithes and offerings to the store house. . . ants just wondering who the meat is meant for . . .those who already have enough meats? . . .i have been wondering?
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by ants(m): 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2007
The meat is meant for the house of the Lord, and no true man of God misuses the tithe people bring into the storehouse, Remember our task is to bring in our tithe not to probe into what it is been used for,
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Enigma(m): 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Fileki

Yes, it is a very good move ---- it is far more in line with the teachings of Jesus and general biblical teaching.
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by KDK(m): 11:10am On Dec 03, 2007
i second Enigma
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by dafidixone(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2007
i have stopped paying my tithe to my church, just lately i decided to separate my tithe and buy things for widows and orphans around me. Not because i am suspecting anyone, i just feel more comfortable with it . . . do you think it is a good one?

To be Obedient is better than sacrifice. God did not say bring all tithes to Widows or Orphan. He said Bring all tithe to my house,

So giving your tithes to other place may put you in the position as a disobedient Child to God. And since you are not the pwner of your tithe I think you have no control over it. Tithe belong to God.

Pay it on the right instruction and then you can proof God. grin
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2007
Thats what i do my brother.
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Kobojunkie: 1:49am On Dec 05, 2007
Fileki:

There is a difference between paying your tithes,  and helping the widows.

tithe (t)
n.
a. A tenth part of one's annual income contributed voluntarily or due as a tax, especially for the support of the clergy or church.
b. The institution or obligation of paying tithes.

God commanded the tithe for his house. If you want to do anything in addition to paying your tithe, that is definitely fine by God. But I do not think what you are doing is biblical at all. Even the widows pay their tithe to the house of God and not to man. Sure you are to feed the poor but please make sure you look into what you are doing to be sure that you are on the right path, according to God's word and not your personal opinion of what it should be instead.

Please do not lean on your own understanding but read the instructions to know how it really works. If you want to know who the meat goes to, it is all in the Bible for you to read and learn on your own and for yourself.
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Enigma(m): 10:28am On Dec 05, 2007
The Bible does not require Christians to tithe; people have just been brainwashed into believing a lie - and really need to study the Bible properly to see the truth and be set free.

It is more consistent with the teachings of Jesus, of the apostles and with the Bible more generally to give to widows and other less privileged people than to "pay tithes" into some "church".
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by ants(m): 11:53am On Dec 05, 2007
Enigma could u please back up what u are saying with some bible verses,
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2007
Enigma:

The Bible does not require Christians to tithe; people have just been brainwashed into believing a lie - and really need to study the Bible properly to see the truth and be set free.

It is more consistent with the teachings of Jesus, of the apostles and with the Bible more generally to give to widows and other less privileged people than to "pay tithes" into some "church".

Yes, Enigma please show us where Jesus himself said this. We would like to learn more of this ideas of yours and where they come from. I am waiting to learn.
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by uspry1(f): 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2007
@kobojunkie

Does it help answering your question below?

What did Jesus say about tithes?

In Matthew 23:23 Jesus sternly criticized the religious authorities of His day for their distorted spiritual understanding. They were meticulous in tithing on tiny spices and herbs, Jesus said, but "neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith." They should have placed more emphasis on these more important spiritual principles, He said, "without leaving the others undone." Here Christ upheld tithing as a practice that should be followed.

What are the main purpose of using tithes? [tenths, Leviticus 27:32]

There are three purposes of using tithes.

(1) to support the Levites (Numbers 18:21)

(2) to provide for God's people to observe His commanded festivals (Deuteronomy 14:22-27)

(3) to help the poor (verses 28-29)

Numbers 18:21 speaks of God giving the children of Levi all the tithes, or tenths, of the increase. If the Levites were only going to receive part of a tithe, God would not have promised them 10 percent. God, of course, does not lie (Numbers 23:19; Titus 1:2). Similarly, Deuteronomy 14:23 speaks of a person using a tenth, 10 percent, of his increase for festivals, and Deuteronomy 14:28-29 speaks of 10 percent, every third year, to be used to help those in need.

Source cited: Booklet- What the Bible Does Teach About Tithing?
http://www.gnmagazine.org/booklets/AT/q&a.htm
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Dec 05, 2007
Oh No problem. I was waiting for Enigma to enlighten us as to how Jesus and the Bible preached against Tithing ,

Matthew 23 vs 23, King James, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, a[b]nd have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith[/b]: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Matthew 23 vs 23, New International Version , 23"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Matthew 23 vs 23, The Message, 23-24"You're hopeless, you religion scholars and Pharisees! Frauds! You keep meticulous account books, tithing on every nickel and dime you get, but on the meat of God's Law, things like fairness and compassion and commitment—the absolute basics!—you carelessly take it or leave it. Careful bookkeeping is commendable, but the basics are required. Do you have any idea how silly you look, writing a life story that's wrong from start to finish, nitpicking over commas and semicolons?

Matthew 23 vs 23, Contemporary English Version, 23You Pharisees and teachers are show-offs, and you're in for trouble! You give God a tenth of the spices from your garden, such as mint, dill, and cumin. Yet you neglect the more important matters of the Law, such as justice, mercy, and faithfulness. These are the important things you should have done, though you should not have left the others undone either.
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Fileki(f): 4:56pm On Dec 14, 2007
these replies had really been interesting . . . just want read more.
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by tomX1(m): 9:33am On Dec 17, 2007
Well, from what I see in the scriptures, Christians should indeed pay tithe. But how are we to pay our tithe and who has authority to disburse the tithe?
lets consider the following scriptures:
Deutoronomy 14:22-29
Deutoronomy 26:12-13

1) The tithe was of two types. There is the regular tithe and there was the tithe paid on the third year (the year of tithe) - see Deuteronomy 26:12
Deu 26:12 When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled. . . .
thus the tithes of the first two years were different from the tithes of the third year.

2) In the first two years, after the tithes had been blessed, the tither disburses the tithes amongst Himself and his family and the levites. - see Deuteronomy 14:26-27
Deu 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever, thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
Deu 14:27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.

3) In the third year (the year of tithing) the tither disburses the tithe amongst the levites, the widows, the strangers and the fatherless (neither the tither nor his family will partake of it). - see Deuteronomy 14: 28-29 and Dueteronomy 26:12-13

Deu 14:28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:
Deu 14:29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Deu 26:12 When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;
Deu 26:13 Then thou shalt say before the LORD thy God, I have brought away the hallowed things out of mine house, and also have given them unto the Levite, and unto the stranger, to the fatherless, and to the widow, according to all thy commandments which thou hast commanded me: I have not transgressed thy commandments, neither have I forgotten them:

these verses clearly show who should benefit from our tithes and when. It is also clear that the tither is responsible for the disbursement of his tithe. So I don't think the attitude of just giving all your tithe to someone and saying you are not concerned with what is done with it is the right one.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by dejike: 2:43am On Feb 24, 2008
i beleive in tithes, i pay it to church nd it works for me. other givings i do it according to the grace i have
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Image123(m): 2:31am On Feb 25, 2008
Fileki:

these replies had really been interesting . . . just want read more.
hi,I believe you should have read enough to convince you.Ask God for grace to pay your tithes.We all need grace to keep God's commands.There will always be excuses not to keep the commands
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by seguno2: 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ poster,

Thought you might find this related link useful:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113108.0.html
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by KunleOshob(m): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2009
@Poster
You are absolutely correct, christian teachings/ religion is strongly in support of what you have suggested. The scriptures below may be of help.

James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by mamagee3(f): 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2009
That's so kind of you. cheesy cheesy
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Knight1(m): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2009
I think it's okay for you to pay tithe to widows and orphans cos tithe is more of YOUR GIVING than OTHERS RECEIVING. So about if you are giving it to man or to God?

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. " (Matthew 25:40).

Remain blessed
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by mccloud224(m): 11:20am On Dec 29, 2009
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by princekevo(m): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
I think kobo and few others have done justice to your question if actually you want to the right thing, and not being carried away by all these heresis they teach here on NL.
From the history of tithe, Abram was the first man that paid tithe to God. To whom? Melchizedek. Who was this man? a king and a prist of the most high God. (Genesis14:17-20)(hebrew 7:1).

The 2nd person that paid tithe to God was Jacob. he paid to where to the house of God (a pillar that he set up for God). Genesis 28:22. So from the above you can see that tithes was an act of gratitude and acknowledgement of God's blessings. So you are paying your tigth to God and not to your pastor as many have see it.

Hundreds of years after Abraham had first paid tithes, the law of Moses was elaborating the validlity of tithes. The biggest argument against paying tithes seems to be with its association with the law. Although godly men before the Law fulfilled the practice of tithing, the Law of Moses made it mandatory.Leviticus 27: 30 - 32.
The law of Moses also mentions tithes in (Numbers 18: 21 - 29) in relation to it supporting the Levites, the tribe dedicated as priests of God.
What is even more interesting here is the purpose for which the tithes were given. In that same Numbers18 you will realize that the tithes goes towards supporting the Levites who in turn give part of it as an offering to the Lord. When we take that in context with Leviticus 27:30 - 32, it becomes clear that the tithe had two purposes:

1. Supporting the work of God
2. Providing for his laborers (the Levites) and a third reason
3. To support the alien (stranger, homeless or disadvantaged) the fatherless and widow is also established in Deuteronomy 26.

In the book of (Nehemiah 10:27-39) it was also clear stated who and where the tithes goes to, Levites( Tribe of the prist), from there the can pay their own tithes to God. In vs. 39 it says "The people of Israel, including the Levites, are to bring their contributions of grain, new wine and oil to the storerooms where the articles for the sanctuary are kept and where the ministering priests, the gatekeepers and the singers stay. "We will not neglect the house of our God."
You can see that all the tithe are meant to be paid in the house of God. For the work of God. But today how do we sacrify these unto God? By using it to do God's work. The works of God included taken care of the poor, widows and orphans. So sister it does not lie in your capacity to decided on what to do with your tithe. It is meant for God, so the decision lies in the hands of the priests. That our todays pastors are abusing God's money does not mean you should disobey God's word. Jst pay your tithes as commanded by God and leave the rest between God and his prists. You can still help the widows and orphan if need be with your 9 portions and not with jst that a potion meant for God. It will be greedy of you in the eys of God if you cant do your charity from the 9 portion of your income he blessed you with, only from the 1portion that belongs to him.
Reason it very well, God was not stupid when he set aside that portion for himself. if every christain choses to do it your way, how can the work of God be done?
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Akanniade(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2009
Fileki:

Its good to see people waking up.
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by princekevo(m): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2009
Akanniade:

Its good to see people waking up.
How does that supposed to be a waking up?
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by PastorAIO: 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
ants:

The meat is meant for the house of the Lord, and no true man of God misuses the tithe people bring into the storehouse, Remember our task is to bring in our tithe not to probe into what it is been used for,

Says who? Your thieving pastor? The bible tells us precisely what the tithe is to be used for. It is to feed those that otherwise would not have food " that they may be filled".
given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;
Deut: 26:12
dafidixone:

To be Obedient is better than sacrifice. God did not say bring all tithes to Widows or Orphan. He said Bring all tithe to my house,

So giving your tithes to other place may put you in the position as a disobedient Child to God. And since you are not the pwner of your tithe I think you have no control over it. Tithe belong to God.

Pay it on the right instruction and then you can proof God. grin

Untrue. It is stated explicitly that the tithe is for those that would not be able to feed themselves. Widows, orphans, and . . . Levites BECAUSE THE DO NOT SHARE IN THE INHERITANCE.

[size=16pt]There is absolutely nowhere in the bible where it says that the purpose of tithe is to do God's Work. There were temple taxes levied for the maintenance of the temple that was a different matter entirely.

[/size]
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by PastorAIO: 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

There is a difference between paying your tithes,  and helping the widows.

tithe (t)
n.
a. A tenth part of one's annual income contributed voluntarily or due as a tax, especially for the support of the clergy or church.
b. The institution or obligation of paying tithes.

God commanded the tithe for his house. If you want to do anything in addition to paying your tithe, that is definitely fine by God. But I do not think what you are doing is biblical at all. Even the widows pay their tithe to the house of God and not to man. Sure you are to feed the poor but please make sure you look into what you are doing to be sure that you are on the right path, according to God's word and not your personal opinion of what it should be instead.

Please do not lean on your own understanding but read the instructions to know how it really works. If you want to know who the meat goes to, it is all in the Bible for you to read and learn on your own and for yourself.

How can you advice someone to 'look into what you are doing to be sure that you are on the right path, according to God's word' on the one hand and then quote a definition of Tithe totally contrary to the Bible on the other hand.  All in the same post.  It seems the Devil is getting too confident in his ability to deceive. 
The Tithe in the bible that the law mandates you to pay is a tenth of the produce of the land to be consumed in the presence of the lord as a form of worship, those that do not have the means to feed themselves, namely the dispossessed, orphans and widows, and the levites are to be provided for by the rest of the people. 

You are twisting the bible and bringing in the dictionary when it suits you.  This is just too bad.  But I've got news for you.  I'm not going to sit here and watch you deceive people to perdition. 

princekevo:

I think kobo and few others have done justice to your question if actually you want to the right thing, and not being carried away by all these heresis they teach here on NL.
From the history of tithe, Abram was the first man that paid tithe to God. To whom? Melchizedek. Who was this man? a king and a prist of the most high God. (Genesis14:17-20)(hebrew 7:1).

The 2nd person that paid tithe to God was Jacob. he paid to where to the house of God (a pillar that he set up for God). Genesis 28:22. So from the above you can see that tithes was an act of gratitude and acknowledgement of God's blessings. So you are paying your tigth to God and not to your pastor as many have see it.

Hundreds of years after Abraham had first paid tithes, the law of Moses was elaborating the validlity of tithes. The biggest argument against paying tithes seems to be with its association with the law. Although godly men before the Law fulfilled the practice of tithing, the Law of Moses made it mandatory.Leviticus 27: 30 - 32.
The law of Moses also mentions tithes in (Numbers 18: 21 - 29) in relation to it supporting the Levites, the tribe dedicated as priests of God.
What is even more interesting here is the purpose for which the tithes were given. In that same Numbers18 you will realize that the tithes goes towards supporting the Levites who in turn give part of it as an offering to the Lord. When we take that in context with Leviticus 27:30 - 32, it becomes clear that the tithe had two purposes:

1. Supporting the work of God
2. Providing for his laborers (the Levites) and a third reason
3. To support the alien (stranger, homeless or disadvantaged) the fatherless and widow is also established in Deuteronomy 26.

In the book of (Nehemiah 10:27-39) it was also clear stated who and where the tithes goes to, Levites( Tribe of the prist), from there the can pay their own tithes to God. In vs. 39 it says "The people of Israel, including the Levites, are to bring their contributions of grain, new wine and oil to the storerooms where the articles for the sanctuary are kept and where the ministering priests, the gatekeepers and the singers stay. "We will not neglect the house of our God."
You can see that all the tithe are meant to be paid in the house of God. For the work of God. But today how do we sacrify these unto God? By using it to do God's work. The works of God included taken care of the poor, widows and orphans. So sister it does not lie in your capacity to decided on what to do with your tithe. It is meant for God, so the decision lies in the hands of the priests. That our todays pastors are abusing God's money does not mean you should disobey God's word. Jst pay your tithes as commanded by God and leave the rest between God and his prists. You can still help the widows and orphan if need be with your 9 portions and not with jst that a potion meant for God. It will be greedy of you in the eys of God if you cant do your charity from the  9 portion of your income he blessed you with, only from the 1portion that belongs to him.
Reason it very well, God was not silly when he set aside that portion for himself. if every christain choses to do it your way, how can the work of God be done?

. . . And you, sir, are a liar.  A shameless one at that.  Jacob did not pay any tithe to any pillar that he erected.  Please show me that in the bible.  You are a wretched thieving spawn of evil.  Any pastor that tells you to pay a mandatory tax is simply not a man of God so even if you were to give it to him you still do not give it to God. 
Christ did not make a distinction between giving to him and giving to the poor, the orphans and the widows.  Only Evil deceivers like this prince of thieves, prince kevo make that distinction. 

Nowhere does it say that tithes is for supporting the 'work of God'.  Tithes are for eating as a form of worshipping God.  Those who cannot provide food for themselves must be provided for.  Nobody must go hungry.  Why are you lying and twisting scriptures? 

I don't even know what this distinction is between the course of human history and 'the work of God'.  What is this 'Work of God' that you liars like to go on about?  Everything is the work of God, you damned soul, in conflict with the work of your father, the Satan. 

Are you to compare the pastors of your dens of evil with the priests of God?  How dare you? 

[size=16pt]How dare you?
[/size]
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by PastorAIO: 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
princekevo:

How does that supposed to be a waking up?

It is waking up because your time is up!
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by KunleOshob(m): 9:01am On Dec 30, 2009
I see that despite all the evidence that as been provided on this forum that tithing as it is today is twisted doctrine and NEVER directed at christians in the first instance some people still want to hold on to the delusion firstly cos of the love for filthy lucre onm the part of those benefitting from it and secondly not being able to accept the fact that their so called Men of God whom they rever so much are deceiving them and just extorting money from them with twisted doctrines. As the good book says you can only be set free if you know the truth, but if you are told the truth and you deny it then you would have yourself to blame.
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by princekevo(m): 9:54am On Dec 30, 2009
Pastor AIO:

. . . And you, sir, are a liar.  A shameless one at that.  Jacob did not pay any tithe to any pillar that he erected.  Please show me that in the bible.  You are a wretched thieving spawn of evil.  Any pastor that tells you to pay a mandatory tax is simply not a man of God so even if you were to give it to him you still do not give it to God. 
Christ did not make a distinction between giving to him and giving to the poor, the orphans and the widows.  Only Evil deceivers like this prince of thieves, prince kevo make that distinction. 
Pasttor AIO, for you information am not a pastor and will never be, but i will not fail to tell the truth when need be.
We are debating on a bible principles here and i supported every of my statement with a bible reference which am sure you never red before calling me a liar. I gave a bible references where bible encouraged tithes and where it should be paid.
The funny thing is that after all those name callings you were unable to give me a single  bible passage where it says your tithes should not be paid in the house of God. You said Jacob never paid any tithe, since you failed to read the passage i will paste it here to see who is wrong. Genesis 28:20-22. 20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, "If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 21 so that I return safely to my father's house, then the LORD will be my God 22 and  this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God's house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth
Please stop preaching hereesis here on NL. And you should remove that title pastor , becoz you are nothing but a stunch Muslim. And mind you not all pastor abuse tithes and offerings.
Re: Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans by Tonyet1(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2009
@Poster,

Thanks for you act of benevolence but i think you should read this

Tithe – can it be substituted for freewill offering?

Often atimes I hear people talk of choosing rather to give to the poor than give the church their due benevolence. Let’s see how the scriptures answer this one,

Matt 26:6-13

6 While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper,
7 a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.
8 When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked.
9 "This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor."
10 Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me.
11[b] The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. [/b]

With this passages I will class the so called-righteous Christians into verse 9,for they’ll rather chose to give to the poor and widows their offerings than give to the church, howbeit Jesus’ reply to them in verse 10 will forever remain supreme.

Therefore let us give to God what is due God (Matt. 22:21), give to Caesar (beggars, poor, widows) what belong to them. In the Old Testament administrative tithing, Moses’ commanded them to set aside the tithes in the 3rd year and give specifically unto the strangers, widows and orphans. Simple!.

An error it will be to try substituting the one for the other. Let freewill offering be given as freewill offering, and tithe be given as tithe, they have different names thus serve different purposes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Dancing In Church (Photos) / My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry / Woyin Karowie Consecrated As Bishop Of Woolwich, London (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.