Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,468 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Need Help In Advanced Search Php! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help In Advanced Search Php! (775 Views)

I Need Help In Getting Traffic To My Blog. / Help In Putting The Google Adsense code Before The Final Review / Got A New Wordpress Site,need Help In Setting It Up Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help In Advanced Search Php! by Emusan(m): 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
Good day,
I need some one to help me with the web code for Advanced Search where by visitor(s) can use to search.

For instance if a visitor select Lagos State all the localities under Lagos can also be selected in another field.

Thanks.
Re: Need Help In Advanced Search Php! by Emusan(m): 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
Emusan:
Good day,
I need some one to help me with the web code for Advanced Search where by visitor(s) can use to search.

For instance if a visitor select Lagos State all the localities under Lagos can also be selected in another field.

Thanks.

No help since... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Need Help In Advanced Search Php! by olyivy(f): 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
Emusan:

No help since... undecided undecided undecided

Google "chained select" there are tonnes of articles and plugins for that on the internet...
Re: Need Help In Advanced Search Php! by webguru(m): 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
pretty straightforward...google chained select as poster above said.

basically you need to use jquery to monitor when select chages and pull the cities under selected states via ajax.
Re: Need Help In Advanced Search Php! by Emusan(m): 11:57am On Jun 20, 2015
olyivy:

Google "chained select" there are tonnes of articles and plugins for that on the internet...

Thanks, but I'm not a guru in web design.

I've done a little research on it but you know things like these are somehow difficult for people like me.

So can I get a template which I can edit from you?
Re: Need Help In Advanced Search Php! by falconxxx(m): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2015
hi this can be achieved by using ajax contact me to explain better and put you through wink
Re: Need Help In Advanced Search Php! by dwebdesign(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
you have plenty of options to do these,

1. you can use jquery ui Autocomplete, where immediately they type a letter, all matches will be show , that is on keyup of a letter.

2. another is to use php IMPLODE() function in which you specify a delimiter and then use MYSQL clause "LIKE" or "BETWEEN".

3. you can also use jquery $.post or $.get methods.

you can read more on this so as to use them.

(1) (Reply)

Workable Botnet Availble / How Do I Add Picture On My Blog / ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.