Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Nigerian Youths - Future Leaders Or Looters? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths - Future Leaders Or Looters? (580 Views)

Arewa Youths To FFK: Stop Insulting Buhari, Northern Leaders Or Face Our Wrath / Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency / The Nigerian Youths : Leaders Or Ladders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths - Future Leaders Or Looters? by zenith4biz(m): 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
O God of all creation
Direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know

Stealing and Corruption to an average Nigerian youth is limited to top echelon of government, this has made youths cast aspersions on the integrity of the occupants of Nigerian exalted positions while ignoring the deadly time bomb in them ready to explode when thrown in an higher assignment.

I dangles my head in disbelief whenever I see youths chanting future leader- all I could see is 'future looters'
I have had several opportunities to work with youths in several capacities and all I could see is endemic corruption and mastery of 'stealing mathematics'

Have you ever wondered why SUG presidents of some institutions of higher learning are subjected to intense probe and later suspended for an act of corruption.
I always asked, are these the set of people Nigerians look up to as future leaders?
If this are the future leaders Nigeria future is dammed! That's why older generations are afraid to hand over power to the youths because of the possibility of selling the country out to the highest bidder

First what is stealing and corruption?

Steal may refer to:
Theft, the illegal act of taking another person's property without that person's freely-given consent

corruption is the abuse of bestowed power or position to acquire a personal benefit. Corruption may include many activities including bribery and embezzlement.

Government, or 'political', corruption occurs when an office-holder or other governmental employee acts in an official capacity for personal gain.

Having drawn a thin line between stealing and corruption it's high time I delved into the cancer eating deep into the heart of Nigerian youths, this cancer is passed down lineal vein to ancestral core.

The Nigerian youths of today demonize honesty by throwing every form of vilification. An average youth sees an honest youth as one demonstrating ''Holier than thou attitude''

I started my article with the second stanza because it's a stanza that shows us what we need, we need the truth, an honest truth not a truth belies with hypocrisy

We all want justice to be served to all corrupt public officials but may I ask you;

If justice is to be served on your certificates wouldn't you be Certificateless?

If justice is to be served on your job, wouldn't you be jobless?

I am not here to demonize anybody but to show all of us that we need critical appraisal, we need to check ourselves.

With the current state of mind of an average youth we are not prepared to be future leaders but future looters and this is a call to the right direction.

Original post

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Youths - Future Leaders Or Looters? by RHP(m): 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
You are not far from the truth. Many youths of nowadays are after easy money not integrity. May God help us.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Muhammadu Buharis Ministerial List Is Delayed - APC Chairmain, John Oyegun / Graduate Executive Trainee Needed At Metro Microfinance Bank / APC Lambastes ‘PDP Media Watchdog’ For Asking Buhari To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.