Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) (33901 Views)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / How To Prepare 'AFANG SOUP'... / See The Big Snake That Was Killed For Pepper Soup -- ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:23am On Feb 14, 2016
Afere ama ke akwenghe tongho June,lol! Mbiabong or udobio,I shuttle btw thos two places o
monlawal:
Eyen eka mmi ado se ndidia efere ado mme afo?

Mbok aba mó ke uyo?
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:25am On Feb 14, 2016
jamace:
Mma mbok, no udia ndia. Obiong ayem di gwuot mi. Mbok. grin grin
Abasi akan ! Mbok yem nte eyam mkpo,deb dia mbagh udu kpa abiong,lol!
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:28am On Feb 14, 2016
Abg ur not far from the truth o,dis set me back by a lil sum. So imagine when cooking for hubby and kids? God will help us,lol
foyeks2001:
dis one na gbese soup...lil wonder people do say Cal/Akwa babes cook well...of course why wldnt they? am very sure notin less than N2000 was spent on dis small quantity of afang soup...crayfish, dried fish, meat, periwinkle, stock fish, knorr maggi ontop, why una soup no go sweet...like kilode
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:29am On Feb 14, 2016
Yepa,lobatan o! Lool! Pls dnt swallow fone o,insted I go fax small com for u to taste d real thing,lol!
kadree:
BREAKING NEWS! A nairalander swallowed his phone after loading dis link: www.nairaland.com/2381962/chronicles-afang-soup-pics
More details shortly.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:31am On Feb 14, 2016
Dats "de shelled" periwinkle,nfi,isam or as u may chose to name it. And yes it is edible,u dnt need to be afraid,lol.
flokii:
udysweet.. please what is that in d 3rd picture?

are those edible? cos it looks scary
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:34am On Feb 14, 2016
Erm,for me o,I think owing to the fact that its a type of dry and tough leaf,it needs to be pounded to soften it and break into smaller bits tho d ibos thingly slice and cook dat way(a bit diff from ours). Any igbos here can confirm or dispel dat tho.
stonecoldcafe:

Any idea why the afang leaves has to be pounded or blended? Why can't it just be cut and used like that.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:37am On Feb 14, 2016
Bleach oil? When I need that red consistency in my soup? Dis soup if u try dat ur method or use any fake oil,u jus wasted all ur effrts niyen ke? When u add oil,u cook for a while and it takes off that whatever u tink it might hav. Bleaching oil is as gud as using veg oil na and we both knw dats gonna be disastrous,lol!
ogtavia:

Madam.....I don't know if I am wrong...why didn't u bleach d palm oil before adding it...cos d way I see it...ur soup will have dt raw palm oil taste,look dense and thick and it will mask d seasonings and d taste of pepper...I myt be wrong sha..maybe its ur style.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:38am On Feb 14, 2016
Hahaha! Tnx! And don't worry ehn,come wit ur note and pen,ur very free!
By d way I tink I knw dis moniker frm som oda thread smwer o?
sisisioge:
Imagine this just making front page!
...babes I'm in!
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:40am On Feb 14, 2016
Amen o,ye afo nko. Sosongo eti eti
Trustisaburden:
Spot on babe! u nailed it! mbok nem akemmi. Abasi odiong fi

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:42am On Feb 14, 2016
Hahahaha! Ok sir,mme kop. Ndi nnamma aba mbok,kuyad esit.
Hugs nd kisses too dear
fuckerholic:

Baby why are you doing this ? Am not happy.. Why are you revealing our signature to the world (non akwaibomites) without payment ?
Pls don't do it again. "Mbok ke unam aba no isuk idat ando ikan unege (mmon uta afang) mme yoruba ( mmon utoro uduang ufok)
love you and proud of you ! Kisseees !
By the way sef,why dis moniker? Dis name dey scary o,nsido? Nagha asu unemme adro?
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:44am On Feb 14, 2016
Lol. Na soup mata jare
LEGALAide:
Hmmm.
The kind words/foreign words (abi slang words) wey I dey hear for here too technical jare.
Na only soup una dey discuss for here abi una don dey enter geography ni? angry

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:46am On Feb 14, 2016
I no live for were u mentioon so o,lol!
legacyofalley:
Babe am coming to calabar for my b day in march. How do we meet up naw...+ dis soup I must chop am ooh
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:55am On Feb 14, 2016
Gdmorn lovelies! Thanks to all who stopped by this my "small soup" thread,and to the many mentions and quotes and likes,I say God bless o. Glad to have known it finnaly made FP after a whooping 8months(to those who think I jus created,you might wanna check the date I made it again)to those who learnt small from this,I say carry go. And those of una wey still wan learn,feel free. But abg dis soup don finish tay tay o,incas ur asking for a portion but erm if ur serios,we can strike a biz deal(who says I can't cnvert this to biz when aydelicios is goin places,lol)
Hav a happy sunday and happy valentine's day too. *plenty hugs and kisses for y'all*
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by foyeks2001(f): 9:44am On Feb 14, 2016
udysweet:
Abg ur not far from the truth o,dis set me back by a lil sum. So imagine when cooking for hubby and kids? God will help us,lol

my sister, its not easy o, maybe when hubby(or myself cos I b full time housewife, no job to do) gets a job with World Bank,UN, Total or Chevron, then can try to cook dis delicacy...lol
This economy is not friendly @ all, to pay house rent, NEPA bill, school fee 4 d kids, feeding,clothing etc...d only not too expensive things we do enjoy in Abj is food stuff...like pepper, tomatoes,yam, meat, etc
Efo riro isn't dat expensive...a bunch of ugwu leaves(N300), green leaves(N150), water leaves(100), fresh pepper(N100), onions(I do buy and keep), locust beans (N50), chicken knorr maggi(cos ordinary knorr no dey sweet)(I do buy d pack), palm oil(I do buy d 5lit)....sometimes i do buy ponmo and dice it...d remaining name to buy fish or meat...my pot dey full like anytin....
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by monlawal(m): 10:25am On Feb 14, 2016
Iyammi..... Idoho afere mfin o... Anyways ami mba ke udi Street... We could meet up
udysweet:
Afere ama ke akwenghe tongho June,lol! Mbiabong or udobio,I shuttle btw thos two places o
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by macklef(m): 2:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
udysweet:

Yeah you're right. Its plenty work tho to wash,ur fingers sef go ache,lol! Anoda way I go if I'm not boiling,I simply put salt in the water and soak wit the cut periwinkles,then wen its time I simple straind away d water and add the nfi to d soup.
Btw this thread was in june o,na jus yday God ansa my FP prayer,lol! Don't wry will DHL to u wen next I cook,smiles. And I'm ibibio mbok wat confirmation do I need again?lol
Really, i never noticed it was june topic o. But i must confess it sure did look nice.
One of d reasons why am convinced dat my future wifey will come from aks,
To compensate my mum illd just ensure that she understands yoruba small.
Cos i cant risk aks food for omi obe and ewedu o.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 5:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
macklef:

Really, i never noticed it was june topic o. But i must confess it sure did look nice.
One of d reasons why am convinced dat my future wifey will come from aks,
To compensate my mum illd just ensure that she understands yoruba small.
Cos i cant risk aks food for omi obe and ewedu o.
Oh u mean mumsy is yoruba?wow dats gud! U be half caste niyen ke,lol!u still searching? Why na
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by macklef(m): 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
udysweet:

Oh u mean mumsy is yoruba?wow dats gud! U be half caste niyen ke,lol!u still searching? Why na
Lol. Half cast indeed. Thats how we use to make ourselves important then in pry school.
Telling everybabe that im half cast plus having a very light skin then, used to do d trick for me grin
Am still searching, cos i havnt found embarassed
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
monlawal:
Iyammi..... Idoho afere mfin o... Anyways ami mba ke udi Street... We could meet up
Nfana ibagha
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by ladygudhead(f): 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2016
udysweet:

Lov u riight back dear,no homo. Am glad dis came in handly for u. Abt d afang,depends on were u are tho,getn the real tin is always diff odawise na jus dry leaf and no scent u go buy,lol!

Tnx!

really,those it always come dried? so it even has scent self.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2016
macklef:

Lol. Half cast indeed. Thats how we use to make ourselves important then in pry school.
Telling everybabe that im half cast plus having a very light skin then, used to do d trick for me grin
Am still searching, cos i havnt found embarassed
soon ok?ooya smile
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by macklef(m): 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
udysweet:
soon ok?ooya smile
*smiles* u nkor, how many husbands do u cook afang for? Dont lie o
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by monlawal(m): 10:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
OK na..... I would pm u
udysweet:

Nfana ibagha

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
macklef:

Dis ur kwenshion confuse me o,mind explaining more before I can answer ejo sir?lol
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
macklef:

Dis ur kwenshion confuse me o,mind explaining more befre I can answer ejo sir?o
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by Neduzze5(m): 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
udysweet:

Funny enough, I cooked Afang Soup on Saturday evening, my first time of doing it. I went to Itam market, Uyo, bought everything grinded the leaves there and came back. Finished cooking and set it out to eat with a big plate of garri.

Guess what!! I had bought and ground editan leaves instead of Afang leaves. The soup was so so bitter!! It wasn't funny at all.
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by macklef(m): 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
udysweet:

Hahah. Was just teasing u na cos after any man taste dat ur soup, e fit no mind to be husband no10
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
Neduzze5:

Funny enough, I cooked Afang Soup on Saturday evening, my first time of doing it. I went to Itam market, Uyo, bought everything grinded the leaves there and came back. Finished cooking and set it out to eat with a big plate of garri.

Guess what!! I had bought and ground editan leaves instead of Afang leaves. The soup was so so bitter!! It wasn't funny at all.
Noooooo! Chai o,dat persn doo you strong thing sha! I hate editan with a passion,too bitter,then atama own,d sweetness leaves me feeling nauseous,lol! Chai I feel for u,pele.
So u live in uyo too?nice. I came visiting,but am running back to lagos 2moro,lool
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
macklef:

Hahah. Was just teasing u na cos after any man taste dat ur soup, e fit no mind to be husband no10
Hahaha! Na by like dat? Una men strong o,na only God fit touch una to stay evn wit all the cooking,bedmatics,good nature and all. Evn if person put"kop nno mi" e no go work. I dot evn want any man to run afta me based on food o,make the loved come frm deep within,d culinary skills will be lik added advantage
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by macklef(m): 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
udysweet:

Hahaha! Na by like dat? Una men strong o,na only God fit touch una to stay evn wit all the cooking,bedmatics,good nature and all. Evn if person put"kop nno mi" e no go work . I dot evn want any man to run afta me based on food o,make the love come frm deep within,d culinary skills will be lik added advantage
Lool. Nawa o. U sure say d babalawo sabi work? I wish say my mind fit strong like those men o.
Cos i too dey soft

1 Like

Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by udysweet(f): 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hahaha! Why must ur mind be strong? Sure say u need am? Abg jus be urself jo,dis half caste,lool!
macklef:

Lool. Nawa o. U sure say d babalawo sabi work? I wish say my mind fit strong like those men o.
Cos i too dey soft
Re: The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) by macklef(m): 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
udysweet:
Hahaha! Why must ur mind be strong? Sure say u need am? Abg jus be urself jo,dis half caste,lool!
*smiles* took u a while to reply ehn. Or my mentions dey pass thru national assembly
For approval before u get go ahead to reply. Cos anything is possible in this change era

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 / My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. / Lady Shocked After Discovering "Puff-Puff' Inside An Egg Roll In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.