Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. (1516 Views)

What To Expect From The Next Xbox One Update: Fluent Design, Gifting, Backward C / Red Dead Redemption On Xbox One Backward Compatibility Is Here At Last. / Ps2 Backwards Compatibility Coming For Ps4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. by eLGeey(m): 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
At its E3 press conference on Monday, Microsoft announced that full backwards compatibility will be coming to its Xbox One console. This means that all the old software for the Xbox 360 will work on the newer system.
This is a relatively massive technical achievement since the innards of the Xbox One and 360 are fairly different from each other.
The backward compatibility will work with both retail discs and digital titles and will be a free upgrade for all users.
Sony’s PlayStation 4 does not have PlayStation 3 support as of right now.

Re: Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2015
This is awesome news for xbone users,i'm envious
Re: Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. by malikalhaj: 11:44am On Jun 16, 2015
time to sell my 360. . . at least i now have use for my Games with Gold i have been accumulating
Re: Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. by eLGeey(m): 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
Another reason why xbox one is better than the ps4.
I wonder if sony will counter that soon.
Re: Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. by TLJ: 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
Now I'm definitely getting the xbox one. grin
Re: Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
eLGeey:
Another reason why xbox one is better than the ps4.
I wonder if sony will counter that soon.

grin @another reason.... What was the first reason?
Ps4 is the ultimate gaming machine,the ps4 has had this since last year,the only thing im envious of the xbone backward compatibilty is the fact it accept both digital and physical CDs,while the psnow is just digital.. grin fxkurxbox
Re: Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. by eLGeey(m): 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2015
youmour:

Ps4 is the ultimate gaming machine,the ps4 has had this since last year,the only thing im envious of the xbone backward compatibilty is the fact it accept both digital and physical CDs,while the psnow is just digital.. grin
fxkurxbox

The xbox one has a wider range of exclusive games which I think is the ultimate reason while ps4 happens to be more popular, apart from that list 2 reasons why ps4 is better
Re: Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
eLGeey:

The xbox one has a wider range of exclusive games which I think is the ultimate reason while ps4 happens to be more popular, apart from that list 2 reasons why ps4 is better

The fact u just said the xbone has a wider range of exclusives games just made this discussion a waste of time
Re: Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. by malikalhaj: 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
Does it really matter which is better? As long as u enjoy ur device
Re: Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. by jmaine: 11:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
youmour:

Ps4 is the ultimate gaming machine,the ps4 has had this since last year,the only thing im envious of the xbone backward compatibilty is the fact it accept both digital and physical CDs,while the psnow is just digital.. grin fxkurxbox

Dude, full backward compatibility is different from PSnow . . . . . As we speak, full backward compatibility is totally absent in the PS4 . . . .

Even a Sony boss confirmed they have no plans in implementing that in their console . . . . . .

It looks like Sony was taken completely by surprise by Microsoft’s announcement this week. And unfortunately for PS4 owners, it doesn’t look like Sony has any plans to allow PS3 games to be played on the PlayStation 4.

It was surprising,” Yoshida said of the news. “I didn’t think it was possible. There must be lots of engineering effort.”[/b]He went on to downplay the Xbox One’s new backwards compatibility feature. “They talked about 100 games, but what kind of games will be included?” he said. “Is it smaller games or big games? We don’t know”

Finally, EuroGamer got him to confirm the news that PlayStation fans definitely didn’t want to hear.

[b]“PS3 is such a unique architecture, and some games made use of SPUs very well,” Yoshida said. “It’s going to be super challenging to do so. I never say never, but we have no plans.

http://bgr.com/2015/06/19/ps4-backward-compatibility-ps3-games-no-go/

With this the Xbone has edged the PS4 in one vital aspects gamers yearned for . . . . . . .
Re: Full Backward Compatibility Coming To Xbox One. by eLGeey(m): 10:48am On Jun 22, 2015
jmaine:

Dude, full backward compatibility is different from PSnow . . . . . As we speak, full backward compatibility is totally absent in the PS4 . . . .

Even a Sony boss confirmed they have no plans in implementing that in their console . . . . . .

http://bgr.com/2015/06/19/ps4-backward-compatibility-ps3-games-no-go/

With this the Xbone has edged the PS4 in one vital aspects gamers yearned for . . . . . . .

Finally someone that understands @jmaine #iSalute!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Anyone With FM 2015 Download Link? / Deleted / China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.