Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. (11438 Views)

Graphic Photo: 22-Year-Old Man Set Ablaze By Father Dies In Omu-Aran / 2 Okada Snatchers Nabbed, Beaten To Death And Set Ablaze In Abuja (Graphic Pic) / Robbers Who Stole Huge Sum Of Money Set Ablaze By Mob In Anambra(Graphics Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by akinnaija(m): 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2005
Friends this is challenging , it was about 10 pm last night and Channels had as her headline news ...what a way not to die...Lawlessness in Lagos as an eleven year old boy was burnt alive on the claim of trying to kidnap a baby at Bank olemo area of Shitta part of Surulere. This minor was set ablaze, it was all shown on Channels TV.
Have the hearts of lagosians got this hardened and merciless. The boy begged and men numbering about 50 ...no one could plead for this boy ...even the woman there denied the boy. Irrespective of what the boy could have done, no religion permit such dastardly act against a child. Even if he was caught with a human head, he should still enjoy the status he is a child and be treated as such not burnt to death.
The boy denied the accusation until the point of death still the mob would not listen until the fulfilled their devilish mission.
I pray to God to have mercy on our nation, the rate at which life is destroyed and taking in our nation is unbecoming , may the God have mercy.
I am grieved at happenings like that and I wish God will just change their hearts of stone to hearts of flesh.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by sliq(m): 9:22pm On Oct 18, 2005
This is heartlessness of the highest order!!!
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by Scorpio(f): 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2005
That's really nasty, mean etc if i'm the boy, i'll haunt all of them. stupid mofos angry
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by Odeku(m): 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2005
This kind of behaviors should not be allowed in any society, but at the same time, where are the boys parents when all this was happening.  A responsible father and mother will at least know where 11 years old is at all time.  the blame should be on the parents, and I hope they can fish out the culprits who did this. My his soul rest in peace.  Time are changing, this kind of things are unheard of when I was growing up.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by layi(m): 11:38pm On Oct 18, 2005
I watched d news and was dumb till d end. I couldnt say a word. The kind of news that makes u want to setup an NGO fast.
That act is evil no matter what d guy did. Even if he was caught red handed. He's a minor for heaven sake.
I just hope there's sum'n better i can do instead of this post. I feel for the poor boys soul.
An 11 yr old claimin to be innocent even at d point of death actually means he's innocent.
May His soul rest in Peace. Its touching. i wish i could do sum'n.

Nigerians r wicked. Imagine i was just thinkin bout how my friends could steal my phone and this news pops up in ma face. I'm not proud of Nigeria any more.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by nike4luv(f): 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2005
oh man..man man man..thats nasty cry
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by WesleyanA(f): 12:02am On Oct 19, 2005
oh my God sad i feel so bad for the child. how would an innocent 11 year old child know what kidnapp means.
if i was the mother of that child, who ever those shameless idiotic pack of nose pickings were, i'll teach them the lesson of their life before taking it angry angry
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by layi(m): 12:11am On Oct 19, 2005
That aint all. I was driving along Ikorodu-ibeshe road today and i saw a 12-13 grl on d floor apparently a victim of this hit n run drivers. I was surprised that motorist were drivin past her...leavin d poor girl in d pool of blood. then it happened to me that in Nigeria. carryin an accident victim to d hospital is an offence..a big one. U'll be arrested at the culprit . Imagine!!
All i could do was to report to the general hospital just 200meters away. i disturbed them and when they got out to pick her..i dissapeared.
I dunno if the girl is still alive but men things happen in this country..u wonder if u r still living wit humans.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by Scorpio(f): 2:08am On Oct 19, 2005
These are the reasons y i get real scared when it comes to going home. it's really not nice.@ Layi, that was nice, hopefully the girl is alive.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by skima(m): 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2005
I also heard the news. Its really serious... people are heartless! this country situation as turned alot of people to man-eater. What could this lil boy have done? He never changed his word even to the point of death and people failed to listen.

I heard his mother sent him parking cos he "wet-house" (he dey pis for house) and he was trying to use the 50naira on him to buy pure water bag so he can sell with his brothers' b4 he came accross unfortunate death.

I also heard he ran to the nearby police post but he wasnt attended to (I dont believe dat anyway) . Even if he didnt run to the police station where were the Police? The event took close to 30mins b4 he was burnt and no police came around.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by skima(m): 2:11pm On Oct 19, 2005
1000 naira menace.

hey guys... if you are going to where u aint conversant with, plz do not ask lil boy/girl because u may be the next victim...

(pray u wont .... and me too)
Thats Nigerian terrorist for now.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by nddy(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2005
This are the kind of things that make some people deny where they are from , this is babaric , i feel for the boy, men Nigeria is no where to live
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by skima(m): 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2005
Oh Nigeria !
see wat ur people are saying of you...
wake up !
Blaze a trail !
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by goodguy(m): 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2005
I'm short of words... cry
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by nferyn(m): 11:36pm On Oct 19, 2005
Mob justice... disgusting cry

I hope those bystanders will sleep very badly to reflect on their lack of courage and humanity. How can they possibly live with themselves?
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by PaypalGod(m): 12:34am On Oct 20, 2005
Its really terrible. It shows how backward the country really is... I watched the whole horror movie with my mouth wide open. The images still flash in my mind which gives me the shivers. What do you think the punishment shoud be for those that did such a terrible thing
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by nferyn(m): 8:03am On Oct 20, 2005
PaypalGod:

Its really terrible. It shows how backward the country really is... I watched the whole horror movie with my mouth wide open. The images still flash in my mind which gives me the shivers. What do you think the punishment shoud be for those that did such a terrible thing

They should be punished to the fullest extend the law permits. It is never acceptable for any society to take the law into your own hands
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by goodguy(m): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2005
<snip: irrelevant>
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by nferyn(m): 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2005
The civilisation of a society is measured by how it treats it weakest. When burning children alive under mob rule, there is something seriously wrong with those people and especially with those that do not react against something like that.

The whole of Lagos should be on the streets now, giving a clear sign that this is not tolerated
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by Scorpio(f): 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2005
This is Nigeria we're talkin about here, they don't play dat. that's why the country is still that way. angry
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by nferyn(m): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2005
Yeah, as individuals, you're all fine (well most of you at least wink ), but the society is seriously messed up;

I'm just voicing my anger.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by IAH(f): 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2005
I read the full account in a blog entry and I was moved to tears. This is so unfair! Whatever could an 11-year old boy for Christ's sake! He didn't deserve to die like that even if he truly did what he was being accused of. May God damn all those that had their hands in his gruesome murder!
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by PaypalGod(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2005
May the plagues of the Egyptians befall those involved in the killing. Somebody shout AMEN!!!
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by nike4luv(f): 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2005
AAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by goodguy(m): 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2005
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by nddy(m): 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2005
@goodguy why disturb yourself the curse is not gonna work . Wat is cursing gonna do ?
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by goodguy(m): 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2005
That's why there's no point cursing.
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by WesleyanA(f): 11:23pm On Oct 21, 2005
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by hotangel2(f): 6:03am On Oct 22, 2005
I am sorry to say this but Nigeria is Fvcked up!

Daing this is soo evil... like very evil, extremely evil. Child Abuse, Errone at that scene should be sent to jail. WHy didn't people just leave the case for the Police to handle.. Why couldn't someone call 911 to rescue the poor child. Gosh this has totaly spoilt my mood. That BOY should do me a favor and Kill all of them and haunt them. Gosh!
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by nddy(m): 6:24am On Oct 22, 2005
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by goodguy(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2005
Re: This is Barbaric! 11 Year Old Set Ablaze in Lagos. God Have Mercy on Us. by adesodgi(m): 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2005
why are some people heartless for God sake,an 11yr.  Ha cry ....its cruel..
BABA GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY... rolleyes .U ARE THE ONLY 1 I CAN LOOK UP TO,have mercy..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside Nigeria's Largest Adult Entertainment Industry In Benin / Ugo Iyegbu Arrested For Vandalism In Houston, US / Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.