Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,321 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced (11438 Views)

Court Sentences 'Evans' Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike To Life Imprisonment (Pictures) / Evans Onwuamadike Not Sentenced To Death By Court As Claimed / Vigilante Shoots Gang Leader & His Gang Members,legs To Be Amputated (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by espn(m): 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
An Ikeja High court sitting in Lagos State on Monday, sentenced two former gang members of billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike, also known as Evans to 41 years in prison.

Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo sentenced the convicts, 32-year-old Kelvin Emenike Ukoh and Emeka Obasi, 33 over the abduction of one Ugoje Jude, a shipping agent, and his staff, Miss Piriye Gogo on August 3, 2012.

The convicts were arraigned in 2013 alongside three others: Uche Igbani, 28, Chibuzor Osuagwu, 33 and a 36-year-old woman, Onowu Ngozi, on a 14 count-charge bothering on conspiracy, kidnapping

The gang had kidnapped Ugoje and another staff, Piriye Gogo who were taken to an unknown destination by their leader, Evans.

Narrating her ordeal before the court, Miss Gogo said that the three men accosted them with rifles on their way home and that she was almost raped inside the car, but was saved by her monthly menstrual period.

While being led in evidence before the court, Gogo disclosed that during the abduction, one of the kidnappers, Obasi, came into the car, after dragging her boss out for negotiation at an undisclosed location, and started handling with her breast.

Gogo said, “He came into the car, tore my clothes, pulled down a side of my bra and began caressing my breast. He thereafter started dragging down my shirt and I began begging him. I begged him until I had nothing else I could plead with. I begged him intensely for mercy and even told him that I was menstruating.

“It was as though all my pleas fail on deaf ears, I had to insert my hand into my vagina just to show him. The blood I showed him prevented him from raping me. It was a terrible experience.

“He, thereafter, asked whether Mr. Jude was the owner of the company. And I replied that we were just clearing agents. They also seized our mobile phones, jewellery and money.

“They blindfolded Mr. Jude, brought him back into the car, asked me to face down with my eyes closed, and then drove off to another location. They spoke Igbo almost all the time so I could barely understand what they were saying or taking us to.

“While driving off to the other location, they asked if I could drive, I said no. So they dropped down from the car and took Mr Jude with them. They ordered me to face down and not look at their faces or I will be shot dead. They abandoned me and the Honda pilot car at 2nd bridge alongside expressway, where I waited until I saw a police patrol and flagged them.

Also testifying, Jude said his abductors initially ordered him to pay N10m for his release but after negotiations, they collected N5m.

After listening to them, the trial judge, Justice Taiwo convicted and sentenced Ukoh and Obasi to 5, 15 and 21 years for conspiracy, kidnapping and armed robbery respectively, while the other three were discharged and acquitted by court.

The judge held that the prosecution could not prove that those acquitted Igbani, Osuagwu and Ngozi were linked to the alleged charges of murder, conspiracy, kidnapping and armed

https://www.independent.ng/breaking-famous-kidnapper-evans-gang-sentenced/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by Pollosa1: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
Good luck to him cheesy We must say no to crime

6 Likes

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by woleabayo(f): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
since 2017 nawa ooooo

1 Like

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by pharmagba: 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
That's why I like Lagos judges, there a no nonsense being, especially when delivering judgement on criminals

Other states it only on blashemy we hear death sentence

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by chukwuibuipob: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
sad Waste of Tax payers money on these fl@theads CRIMINALS sad.Hang dem sad angry undecided cool

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by espn(m): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
woleabayo:
since 2017 nawa ooooo
I tell you...and we should wait for an appeal...

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by GboyegaD(m): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
May their souls rest in peace. This is an evidence that crime never pays.

1 Like

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by espn(m): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
Pollosa1:
Good luck to him cheesy We must say no to crime
No to crime...We hope the appeal court doesn't compromise
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by ERockson: 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
Good
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by espn(m): 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
ERockson:
Good
I hope they could treat our politicians this way too...

2 Likes

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by nakaman: 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
no be small tin
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by ForeThinker: 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
All action results from thought, so it is thoughts that matter INDEED.

1 Like

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
Evil doesn't pay..

Meanwhile..

Mint 2015 MacBook Air 4gb/256gb SSD 13”(inches) core i5.
Working perfectly. No dents or scratch. Also comes with follow come charger.
Price. 280,000. If you sleep on this deal.. no be my fault o.

Come to my WhatsApp through my profile
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by Righteousness89(m): 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
5, 21, 15...

Who gets what?

Incomplete Report..
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by chukwugoziegi: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
41years?

Not enought even.

He should have gotten a life sentence

1 Like

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
The only thing that I have to say is that he who deprives joy from making people to weap is not supposed to be in the land of the living. I thank the judge for paying him with his own coin.

1 Like

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
This sentence no long now.They should have given him 1000yrs with very hard labour especially the one of cutting grass if possible they should take him to cut sambisa's own and with his bald head being slapped by the prisoners daily with.... Lemme not say anything again.

3 Likes

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by Godons1: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
God bless Aba Kyarı and his team, for successfully arresting this Biafran. Evans would've kidnapped and kill more people by now, if he wasn't arrested.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by Finnese001: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Okay
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by TONY042(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
Case settled!

This will serve as a lessons to those who are still in the business.
If only his Senior colleagues in PDP and APC will equally have a taste of this.
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by Nadaken: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by EMXTAN1(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ayee
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by Mindlog: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nice one
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by ednut1(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
since all these years why is our judiciary so useless like this

1 Like

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by anonimi: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
espn:
.https://www.independent.ng/breaking-famous-kidnapper-evans-gang-sentenced/

Stale news or fake news?
Is stale news passed off as fresh news equal to FAKE news?

BREAKING: Famous Kidnapper, Evans, Gang Sentenced
May 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by kezy4(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nice judgment
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by Juliusmomoh: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hmm... I need money o .
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by Mistakemaker: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
He will be more than 80 years when he gets out.. Lol
Re: Chukwudimeme Onwuamadike And His Gang Sentenced by LLSAINT(m): 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
Mshewwwww
The real 'evans' are walking freely
Some are in Aso rock while others are in the forest in southern Kaduna, East, West and even south south
The Baba of them all are the 'evans' with biro.......
These ones have 'evans' contracts and even fainted when asked questions.....

(1) (2)

Ugo Iyegbu Arrested For Vandalism In Houston, US / Dolphin Caught On Camera Trying To Have Sex With An Oyinbo Lady (Photos) / Missing 3-Year-Old Maryam Danlami Found Dead In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.