Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance (20047 Views)

The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri / Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC / Govt Terminates Ethnic Militia Pipeline Surveillance Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by 247notire(m): 12:18am On Jun 16, 2015
WIZGUY69:

once a fool, always a fool.

may you and your entire Generation never see experience good things in life for calling a region that's better off yours a bad name.
U go to MFM?
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by mymadam(m): 12:51am On Jun 16, 2015
kennydee05:
...Nigeria will be great again.

Amen jare!
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by PStacks(m): 3:31am On Jun 16, 2015
Jonathan was so rÉckless and desperate for 2nd term he didn't know what he was doing.

OPc for continue work then later go ask Buhari for Salary, then Buhari go ask them if them be Nigerian Police or Civil defence.

Buhari go ask them weda na him give them work..

In any case, can't OPC be patriotic and do the Pipe line protection work for free, after all if you check it, they might as well be the vandals sef. Mtcheeew! Rubbish.
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by olumide81(m): 3:57am On Jun 16, 2015
If i say O u say P.........
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by lagcity(m): 5:20am On Jun 16, 2015
These guys tried oo. 3 months without pay? If na Igbo people, na 3 days dem go comot for the site. Igbo kwenu lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by iresearcher(m): 6:07am On Jun 16, 2015
chuna1985:

Do u know that both united states and united kingdom have vigilantes

Please any valid link or confirmation. This is how you people just throw lies around and gullible people run with it. If they have, do they secure pipelines. Stop reasoning like this abeg
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by texazzpete(m): 6:36am On Jun 16, 2015
DaGC:
Nigeria is a truly complicated country.

When the pipelines were being protected by the said 'security agencies', Nigeria was losing millions of barrels. Even with the private security contractors, we are still losing 400,000 barrels daily.

What's the way forward?

You are misinformed, sir.
Oil bunkering has NEVER hit the heights it has hit under the GEJ administration.
Even with the locals providing 'protection ', oil theft soared to 400k barrels per day.

Give the locals the contract , but supervise. Stop all the ocean going smuggling crude oil from leaving the shores of this country. When they realize that there's nowhere to dispose of the stolen crude, let me see if they won't drastically cut back on oil bunkering or drink the crude.
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by alrahmanonline(m): 6:41am On Jun 16, 2015
barcanista:
The FG should fulfil its own part of the agreement
Which agreement? are you this disgraceful? You should know that this goverment is not that clueless, how can you empower militants in a country you're suppose to protect? SMH
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:49am On Jun 16, 2015
Quest means business, Buhari means business.
God bless the President.
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:03am On Jun 16, 2015
barcanista:
The FG should fulfil its own part of the agreement

Which FG?

Wake up and smell the coffee, my dear!
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by Alajiki(m): 7:05am On Jun 16, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
South West

Olori*buruku*pataki flat*head descendant.
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by Ganjafama(m): 7:05am On Jun 16, 2015
ayusco85:

Always empty. no solid input. the character behind this moniker must be a very DULL and CLUELESS guy.
Kai! You are wicked. See yabbing.
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by vioment: 7:25am On Jun 16, 2015
why do we need militants of any faction to secure our lines. That should be the question. Our country is just sickening. I thank God say I get chance come US for four months from last week. Na so person for no take know say life dey enjoyable and say hope dey in the world.

Back to the matter. Since this is our main source of lively hood that is threatened, it calls for extreme ideas like:
Making sure our pressure gauges works by monitoring them in a central location and other satellite locations. This is a no brainer, because a drop in unplanned pressure indicates trouble.

If someone is siphoning along a pipeline, then the next pressure gauge is going to relay the drop in pressure which begs for maintenance inspection.

This whole scheme calls for reliable and fully powered and computerized control room. Like someone complained a couple weeks thread ago, that "why do Nigerians not value IT " electricity is your answer. Plants like this, require mechanical and IT maintenance crew around the clock and also reliable power which am sure they have but I can't vouch for the reliability part.

Sh*t, I smell a business idea here that for now, I plan to keep mute.
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by joeyfx(m): 7:46am On Jun 16, 2015
Na only for Nigeria this kind tin fit happen. wetin do our armed forces?
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by Amazo: 7:46am On Jun 16, 2015
TheOtherview:

Leadership

Nigeria has its armed forces and doesn't need to and should never employ the security services of a ragtag stone-age integrity-flawed militia OPC or its likes. But if pipelines in the SW start getting vandalized again, then the OPC are clearly the prime suspects.
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 16, 2015
President Buhari ordered the dissolution of all Joint pipeline survellaince contracts awarded to all militia groups or private institutions, don't mind the foolish Gani Adams group, claiming they opted out on their own due to non payment of salaries. The Nigerian JTF has taken over this role in its entirety.

1 Like

Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 16, 2015
iresearcher:

Please any valid link or confirmation. This is how you people just throw lies around and gullible people run with it. If they have, do they secure pipelines. Stop reasoning like this abeg

I don't need to prove things to u, its very easy for u to use this ur phone to confirm what I said.

There are no vandals in the united States who target pipelines so there is no need to get vigilantes to guide it.

For the last 8 years, we have had the highest peace in Niger delta n pipeline vandals is @ all time low, that us because people who know the terrain n people who turn to vandals are employed as they guide it.

I remember throughout obj regime, Pipeline vandalization was the order of the day
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by DaGC(m): 7:59am On Jun 16, 2015
texazzpete:

You are misinformed, sir.
Oil bunkering has NEVER hit the heights it has hit under the GEJ administration.
Even with the locals providing 'protection ', oil theft soared to 400k barrels per day.

Give the locals the contract , but supervise. Stop all the ocean going smuggling crude oil from leaving the shores of this country. When they realize that there's nowhere to dispose of the stolen crude, let me see if they won't drastically cut back on oil bunkering or drink the crude.

GEJ's administration was the height??. I beg to differ. I thought Nigeria was losing way more than 400k barrels daily, many years back.

Funny enough, I doubt the Navy has all the resources to safe guard Nigeria's vast coastal areas at the moment, unless a rapid overhaul and purchase of more equipment gets in. The past administration has done its part by also equipping the Navy even when it was fighting a war in the north east, so hopefully, this and subsequent administrations will follow suit and equip our military and security agencies.
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:14am On Jun 16, 2015
OPC shld go & protect GEJ in Otueke or better still Adams shld lead his men to Sambisa Forest to protect & bring back our girls! coward pple. what were they thimking?

1 Like

Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by nonjebose(m): 8:19am On Jun 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Another fuel scarcity looming, take it or leave it this guys are needed to do that job in collaboration with security agencies.

Pay these guys now and not the 5k APC might have in mind as part of their social welfare scheme
Why did Jonah not pay before leaving
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by nonjebose(m): 8:44am On Jun 16, 2015
barcanista:
Government is a continuum. GMB can end the contract but he MUST pay for service rendered in line with the agreement
You are mistaken. You think NNPC or Jonah signed an a legal agreement with them? Lol. OPC : Oga,we will deliver lagos and other western states to you for a fee. GEJ : I will do more than pay a fee. I hereby award d contract for guiding the oil pipelines to you. OPC jubilates and runs out. After d election, OPC : Oga, one month salary nko? GEJ : there is a new no nonsense sheriff in town, abeg make una leave me
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by WIZGUY69(m): 8:54am On Jun 16, 2015
247notire:
U go to MFM?
no cheesy
αβI the curse is too much for the deluded boy?
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by ayusco85(m): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2015
Ganjafama:
Kai! You are wicked. See yabbing.

That guy is a disgrace to sane humans, that's if he is sane
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by texazzpete(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2015
DaGC:

GEJ's administration was the height??. I beg to differ. I thought Nigeria was losing way more than 400k barrels daily, many years back.

Funny enough, I doubt the Navy has all the resources to safe guard Nigeria's vast coastal areas at the moment, unless a rapid overhaul and purchase of more equipment gets in. The past administration has done its part by also equipping the Navy even when it was fighting a war in the north east, so hopefully, this and subsequent administrations will follow suit and equip our military and security agencies.

How can you 'beg to differ' when you aren't even sure?

We were losing production during thecreek war because stations were shut down and pipelines were being blown. But the oil stayed in the ground, available for us to produce now in peacetime.
Now, 400k barrels are being stolen daily, never to be seen again. All the talk about the Navy being equipped and yet it's Tompolo who is being paid fantastic sums to protect our waterways. Of what benefit is it to buy equipment and yet handicap the Navy by limiting their authority?
Re: OPC Pulls Out Of NNPC Pipeline Surveillance by wonderfulman(m): 10:43am On Jun 16, 2015
it is very shameful for nigeria to engage opc and other militant groups to guard oil pipeline at this technology age

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Willie Obiano Welcomes Osinbajo To Anambra - Pictures / PDP Now In The Hands Of Looters – Ali Modu Sheriff's Spokesman / NIMASA Collected Revenue In Dollars, Remitted Naira – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.