Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings (31918 Views)

Makarfi Cautions Fayose Against Campaign For 2019 Presidency / Kachikwu Secures Full Oil Minister Status, Roles As Northern Cabal Kicks Against / LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by kingbus: 8:12am On Jun 16, 2015
barcanista:
Some LGA Chairmen allocates as much as N10M-N40m monthly as security vote. The median vote of Governors is N400m monthly
400mllion naira is about 2million dollars !!!! What are they securing? The problem with nigeria is system. This nation needs a total overhaul and restructuring. The problem wasn't gej but the system he met on ground and likewise the snail approach to issues by buhari is due to the system he met on ground too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Freiburger(m): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2015
It will give you peace. One of my friends told me that the salary and allowances I will earn will be N40m. I told him if I get that for 10 months, I will resign.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Do you really care about the folks who elected you to serve them for 4years?

So you are indirectly telling us what you came for. Resign immediately angry

1 Like

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 16, 2015
kingbus:
400mllion naira is about 2million dollars !!!! What are they securing? The problem with nigeria is system. This nation needs a total overhaul and restructuring. The problem wasn't gej but the system he met on ground and likewise the snail approach to issues by buhari is due to the system he met on ground too.
You are complaining of N400m? Rivers Gov vote is N1.5b monthly, Delta N2B, Akwa Ibom N1.8B, Lagos N1.5B all MONTHLY.... Anambra 700m, Edo 1B etc...

MOTHLY O

1 Like

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by jidebaba69(m): 8:24am On Jun 16, 2015
If you want to make the same pay with oil workers, bankers and lecturers then go and work in their sectors.
No one forced you to serve so if you want riches go elsewhere.
We don't need people like you that put self above the ones you swore to serve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by mjb05(m): 8:24am On Jun 16, 2015
This man is a thief
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by kingbus: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2015
barcanista:
You are complaining of N400m? Rivers Gov vote is N1.5b monthly, Delta N2B, Akwa Ibom N1.8B, Lagos N1.5B all MONTHLY.... Anambra 700m, Edo 1B etc...

MOTHLY O
so why the hell are nigerians shouting on top these reps and senators ,when a governor collects 1.5billion naira monthly for doing nothing That means fashola is worth at least 30billion naira for been a governor for 8yrs!!!!! I won't be surprised if ministers are even given security votes. Buhari should reveal how much is appropriated to his office as security votes too. The rep was right but many are blinded by sentiments and party affiliation,corruption in nigeria is endemic .edo 1billion naira monthly,no wonder he became so rich he had to travel to find a lady worthy of his standards. Naija is in deep shit and yet these governors are owing 7 to 13months worker salaries oooo !!

1 Like

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by jidebaba69(m): 8:31am On Jun 16, 2015
ruffhandu:
I think the issue is the constituency allowances which is handed to them, which they pocket and let the people wallow in lack and underdevelopment.

The constituency allowances should be ensured to be properly utilized.

I opine these lawmakers should be part-time workers.

Good idea.
But I think constituency allowance should be cancelled. They should function as lawmakers and not execute projects because it gives a lot of room for corruption.

1 Like

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 16, 2015
kingbus:
so why the hell are nigerians shouting on top these reps and senators ,when a governor collects 1.5billion naira monthly for doing nothing That means fashola is worth at least 30billion naira for been a governor for 8yrs!!!!! I won't be surprised if ministers are even given security votes. Buhari should reveal how much is appropriated to his office as security votes too. The rep was right but many are blinded by sentiments and party affiliation,corruption in nigeria is endemic .edo 1billion naira monthly,no wonder he became so rich he had to travel to find a lady worthy of his standards. Naija is in deep shit and yet these governors are owing 7 to 13months worker salaries oooo !!
if these men disclose their true Financial standing you will weep. We are not even talking of kick-backs, diversion of funds meant for white elephant projects, racketeering and outright theft. Some DGs and MDs in Agencies and Departments have their own votes. It is crazy
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by kingbus: 8:41am On Jun 16, 2015
barcanista:
if these men disclose their true Financial standing you will weep. We are not even talking of kick-backs, diversion of funds meant for white elephant projects, racketeering and outright theft. Some DGs and MDs in Agencies and Departments have their own votes. It is crazy
it is really sad ,very sad indeed .
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Bolosiye: 8:45am On Jun 16, 2015
LocalChamp:

http://www.punchng.com/news/rep-kicks-against-campaign-to-cut-lawmakers-earnings/
dis legislator should be properly informed that appointment or election into public office simlpy means a call to serve and not to amass wealth, cos from his tone and body language, he's already sending off a bad signal for greed, which eventually snowballed or give birth to corruption. politician whose interest is in de money and to serve de people will not be healthy for our national developement. And legislators knew dat their earnings is not commesurate to their job, which is never compared to job of a lecturer and banker just as he claimed. If he knows dis people earn more, why did he opt to contest to serve and not go lecturing or banking where he hope to earn more money. The truth is majority are gunning for politics becos of de incentives without de willingness to serve de people.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by osenidvdg(m): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2015
What is this Senator saying! I know he must be out of his sense. All of them protesting are seriously unserious. In those days the NHA position were held by the part-time teachers with little pay who resumes in the house after the day work,yet they perform better than the present Member who just sit down reading paper and only debate for their interest. It is insanity to compare lecturer, banker with legislators of nowadays. If they feel lecturing is what can be done anyhow let them resign and try to teach just primary school pupils then he will know that teaching can not be practiced by lazy people like them who receives siting allowances even when doing nothing.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by desmondDessi(m): 8:51am On Jun 16, 2015
LocalChamp:

http://www.punchng.com/news/rep-kicks-against-campaign-to-cut-lawmakers-earnings/
and this coming from an Edo man,well am not surprise,politics here in Edo is just to get rich then start showing off.....wat am surprise at,is the manner he said all this wanting to cconfuse me'English........we all know what u people get there....if not,una for nor dey kill unaselves.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Gliding(m): 8:56am On Jun 16, 2015
kibo:
Mr House of Rep, Charity begins at home.

There is no point beating around the bush, show a good example by cutting down your allowances first.

Others will follow suit. Buhari will handle his DSS Operatives, EFCC,ICPC,and co. will fish out corrupt individuals.

We know you might not sponsor any bill, all we are saying is CUT DOWN YOUR ALLOWANCES !! Oil prices are dwindling, you and your colleagues should be patriotic and make amendments.

N.B: I can see a man with a broom happy because the Rep is from PDP, another opportunity to bash pointlessly, this is an issue that cuts across all party lines.

Rarely do I see such display of insight as you have done on Nairaland nowaday . The earlier people realise that fighting for the good of this country should overshadow party affiliations, the better.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by captianfreeman(m): 9:02am On Jun 16, 2015
Oga, you can go and be a banker or a lecturer so that you can earn more than a law maker.

In any case, telling a PDP member not to be corrupt, is like telling tortoise to fly . It is impossible.

1 Like

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 16, 2015
Then resign and become a lecturer. The bankers and oil workers you're referring to are graduates and masters degree holders;most of the so-called "honourables" in the house are just school cert holders who get paid more than most graduates.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by 989900: 9:07am On Jun 16, 2015
baby124:
They are there to work for Nigerian's. So this is part of the work. We Nigerian's say we cannot afford to pay you. If the money is too small, biko quit the job let a more serious person assume the position. We must make these positions very unattractive. The killings will stop during election. Everyone will go and find work.

Chikena! cheesy
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by kibo: 9:09am On Jun 16, 2015
Gliding:

Rarely do I see such display of insight as you have done on Nairaland nowaday . The earlier people realise that fighting for the good of this country should overshadow party affiliations, the better.

Exactly my point !! Nigerians need to reflect on the performances of their leaders on a personal basis, not covering up because they are wielding brooms or umbrellas

1 Like

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Cityguy: 9:11am On Jun 16, 2015
luvmijeje:
Someone should tell our honourable thieves they were elected to serve the people. The country is facing economic downturn and we all need everyone to sacrifice his/her pocket for the sake of this country.

You dey mind the thief? He and. His lots should even be happy that what we call for is pay-cut. There are a thousand and one Nigerians willing to do his job FREE should he resign or return the mandate given to him to serve. What's he ranting about? Let him go and take chill pill joor.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by mickey45: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2015
kibo:
Mr House of Rep, Charity begins at home.

There is no point beating around the bush, show a good example by cutting down your allowances first.

Others will follow suit. Buhari will handle his DSS Operatives, EFCC,ICPC,and co. will fish out corrupt individuals.

We know you might not sponsor any bill, all we are saying is CUT DOWN YOUR ALLOWANCES !! Oil prices are dwindling, you and your colleagues should be patriotic and make amendments.

N.B: I can see a man with a broom happy because the Rep is from PDP, another opportunity to bash pointlessly, this is an issue that cuts across all party lines.

Just two nights ago, I told an elder this would happen. So. I'm not surprised in any way it did.
I'd rather have been surprised if it didn't.
Saraki n all his Brothers in crime (in both houses n parties) will always quell whatever pro-people/ anti-elite policy PMB might have in mind.
He might find himself in Jonathan's shoes very soon. How he outmaneuvers them (I expect him to) is what I want to see
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by 989900: 9:14am On Jun 16, 2015
jidebaba69:

Good idea.
But I think constituency allowance should be cancelled. They should function as lawmakers and not execute projects because it gives a lot of room for corruption.

GBAM!

And security funds for Governors cancelled.

What's the police and e.t.c for?

The security funds are shared between the Governor and party big wigs. I've personally witnessed this; they even gave me 'for hearing'.
wink
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by ojosegun2011(m): 9:17am On Jun 16, 2015
The truth is that Nigerians really don't know the exact figure of the legislators' emoluments and by this we can't be really sure if they are over paid or not. One important thing that needs to be addressed is the unnecessary demands of polticians' constituents and hangers-on. Law makers are not expected to give people money but they are continuously under pressures and undue demands to give people money, yet this same people that take from them are in the fore-front of agitation for their pay cut. People are not fair and inconsistent. We need to make them comfortable to be able to legislate effectively.

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Empressomotola: 9:24am On Jun 16, 2015
This man just spew rubbish...you can as well resign when they cut your pay with that serious minded people will take over from you all. Its your loss after all most of you lot are there because of the fat allowance you receive and the title as if it's the ticket to enter heaven yeye lipsrsealed
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2015
Hehe.... Why won't they kick against it? The money they used in prosecuting elections must be gained back. Smh, we have thieves in the hallowed corridors of power in this country, as long as our lawmakers receive higher pay than their USA counterparts, things will remain the same with our legislators
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by deebsman1(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2015
Reading this kind of thrash just always make someone wanna drool, i don't think there is any hope for this country again if this CHANGE fails, like PAT Utomi said, they have hijacked this change again exactly the way they did in 1999 and 2003. sad angry angry angry angry
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by bashydemy(m): 9:32am On Jun 16, 2015
Na God go punish this Reps i swear, This is no the time of PDP ruling anymore. PMB should just send a memo of pay cut in all to all Political office holder and they should all sign them, If you are not satisfy with the pay cut just resign simple... God Punish all the reps who are against the pay cut.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by funlord(m): 9:39am On Jun 16, 2015
grin
Hear him name sef! Joe Edionwele? E resemble scammer name already so I no sabi which kain quack "mandela stance" this guy wan form! After all na on top champagne, cars and abuja girls asses na him all the pepper dey finish! Abeg cut the shite jare! "Bloody LEGISLOOTERS"!
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by nonjebose(m): 9:59am On Jun 16, 2015
Do we now adopt the motion that the salaries, allowances and other benefits of legislators of the Federal Republic of Nigeria be reviewed downward? If you are in support, click like (Aye). If you are against,click share(Nay)
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Okikiade(m): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2015
ojosegun2011:
The truth is that Nigerians really don't know the exact figure of the legislators' emoluments and by this we can't be really sure if they are over paid or not. One important thing that needs to be addressed is the unnecessary demands of polticians' constituents and hangers-on. Law makers are not expected to give people money but they are continuously under pressures and undue demands to give people money, yet this same people that take from them are in the fore-front of agitation for their pay cut. People are not fair and inconsistent. We need to make them comfortable to be able to legislate effectively.
[/b]HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES SALARY PER MONTH=1.8 MILLION shocked WHILE THE UPPER CHAMBER COLLECT 2 MILLION NAIRA AS BASIC SALARY MONTHLY EXCLUDING OTHER UNMENTIONED PRIVILEGES! shocked[b]
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by dayowunmi(m): 10:09am On Jun 16, 2015
This man is either a drunk or a clown. Imagine him trying to rationalize their bogus pay! Let them make their pay public, and he said lecturers and bankers earn more than federal legislators? The weed this man is taking is too condensed jor. The fact is, the salaries of the legislators is not that much, but the allowances? Chai! Newspaper,entertainment,housing,car,furniture,miscellaneous,constituency projects(about 45mill every 3 months).etc their allowances is reaching the high heavens. He's here claiming lecturers earn more than them! And also the president does not need 3 bullet proof cars? He's supposed to have just one abi? Or just 2? 3 is not much except u being jealous. For security reasons he has to have 3, for variety and also to confuse would be assailants on which is really carrying the president.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Vacora(m): 10:09am On Jun 16, 2015
Aye

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by AlPeter: 10:19am On Jun 16, 2015
kingbus:

Now you are talking sense I knew you were very intelligent all along, lol..... wink. If Buhari refuses to do anything about the system I am going to kick harder against him than I did to GEJ, the system must be sanitized.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Eziachi: 10:23am On Jun 16, 2015
Please can someone remind the dishonorable member that politics is a service and not a career, hence there are folks that choose to do it without any pay.

Comparing himself with qualified professionals and career people is not only moronic but totally ignorant to say the least.

If he wants a hefty pay, he should go and look for a proper job that requires professional qualifications.

The worst was his boast that if he get N40m in ten months, that he will resign. That's a scandalous thing to say.
It shows he is in politics simply because of money. If not why resign after that pay? So you got your target and why hanging about than to take your booty and disappear.
We knew that they are in it for money but being brazen to tell it to the Nigeria masses is crass in the extreme.
It shows the overall attitude of a typical Nigeria political class.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"How I Shared N260million From Dasuki" - PDP Chieftain Tony Anenih / Yoruba Elders Accuse Buhari Of Marginalizing The South & Favouring The North / Reno Omokri's Savage Response To Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.