Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings (31937 Views)

Makarfi Cautions Fayose Against Campaign For 2019 Presidency / Kachikwu Secures Full Oil Minister Status, Roles As Northern Cabal Kicks Against / LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Tex42(m): 10:26am On Jun 16, 2015
Cry me a river honorable... Remain a honorable and have your earnings slashed by 50% or better still quit and go look for a "banking job where you'll earn billions annually"

Half literate with little common sense trying to out smart scholars who were born genius.

One love naija.

1 Like

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Image123(m): 10:34am On Jun 16, 2015
Ignorance is deadly.

2 Likes

Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Donvic4u(m): 10:55am On Jun 16, 2015
The love of money...

Stingy ass lawmakers...

Uncensored news right from the source Visit www.justgist.net for Latest Happenings around you
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 16, 2015
Oga Legislator
I appreciate your article, you sounded very frustrated even though you tried to be as honest as you thought you would be perceived..i have few concerns, Please be kind enough to reply me these questions.
- Please whats the average take home pay including all allowances monthly/annually of the cleaners and security personnel that work with the National assembly....How many times have you legislators enhanced their take home pay.
- How much effort have you all put in,in ensuring that your states adopt and pay the new minimum wage? State workers protesting here and there for non payment of salaries for months,you all paid deaf ears even when most of the governors concerned are now serving senators.
- You mentioned that Oil workers and Lecturers receive more pay than Legislators, why then do they go for strikes occasionally for payment related issues?
-If you legislators receive salaries lower than N1m,why then do serving and aspiring legislators do everything within and outside their might to attain the highest heights in politics and even afterwards remain Godfathers.
What are you even doing on Nairaland, abi you wan download constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria for Nairaland?
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Zaikon(m): 11:15am On Jun 16, 2015
baby124:
They are there to work for Nigerian's. So this is part of the work. We Nigerian's say we cannot afford to pay you. If the money is too small, biko quit the job let a more serious person assume the position. We must make these positions very unattractive. The killings will stop during election. Everyone will go and find work.
bless u .
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Sandydayz(f): 11:20am On Jun 16, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
@sandydayz, u dhe see ur people
U dhe see why I hail u
Una too like money
undecided
Why is thy lying on my head??
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by babdav2015(m): 11:57am On Jun 16, 2015
Where are the trekkers when we need them?
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
Story, Bushari confused man
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by darqly(m): 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
The cheek of it, to even compare his pay to what bankers and oil workers earn. Can he put in the hours and effort of these types? Why would his type need campaign funds of nearly N500m if he didn't plan to recoup same with interest? angry angry
When his pay is reduced, he can quit and go right back to whatever private practice he built before becoming a legislator. grin
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by bayusdipe(m): 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
This man just wish to run his mouth
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by 2goodbobo(m): 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Mr Legislator, cut down on your allowances not salaries. we all know that where you are milking this country's resources
is in your allowances.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by mikolo80: 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
byrron:
These brain-dead megalomaniacs in both the upper and lower NHA actually view themselves as doing Nigerians a favor by taking such a huge pay for just sitting down and reading newspapers during their brainless, noisy and toutic dumb sessions and after that they go on 3 months recess only to resume and start summoning everybody to appear before them then they get paid for all those craps?

The NHA and all State House of Assemblies remains one of the biggest institutionalized scam ever in Nigeria and a huge drain on the National treasury as well as being a big clog on the wheel of progress of the Nigerian state..
no be una vote them by omission or commission
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
mikolo80:
no be una vote them by omission or commission

What do u mean by una? U know me from anywhere, abi u see me thumb print for anyone of them?

No just add to the vex wey dey vex me nw for this humid afternoon.

for ur information, ur senators never pass any law for diasporal voting so no just use that word "una" for me again.

I have always asserted on this forum that PDP=APC, They are nothing but the dual sides of the same coin.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by mikolo80: 5:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
byrron:

What do u mean by una? U know me from anywhere, abi u see me thumb print for anyonethis right here is the omission i referred to earlier
of them?

No just add to the vex wey dey vex me nw for this humid afternoon.

for ur information, ur senators never pass any law for diasporal voting so no just use that word "una" for me again.

I have always asserted on this forum that PDP=APC, They are nothing but the dual sides of the same coin.
your problem is you (ignorantly) see in black and white when there are fifty shades of grey
buruji was in diaspora
gbajabiamila was in diaspora
etteh was in diaspora
saraki was in diaspora
what's your excuse
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
mikolo80:
your problem is you (ignorantly) see in black and white when there are fifty shades of grey
buruji was in diaspora
gbajabiamila was in diaspora
etteh was in diaspora
saraki was in diaspora
what's your excuse

Expect me then to come bck home and be voted for/rigged into any elective position just like the names u listed up there, just make sure u become a godfather before then because I might just need u then.

With your line of thought and given examples, it seems as if leaving outside Nigeria is a direct entry into any elective position in Nigeria.

On a pathing note- u ain't making any sense to me.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by mikolo80: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
byrron:

Expect me then to come bck home and be voted for/rigged into any elective position just like the names u listed up there, just make sure u become a godfather before then because I might just need u then.

With your line of thought and given examples, it seems as if leaving outside Nigeria is a direct entry into any elective position in Nigeria.

On a pathing note- u ain't making any sense to me.
on a non parting note
i will soon be joining you in the diaspora
make money
"invest" it here in nigeria
become a Godfather
while you are trying to figure out what them bush did with your 401k
God willing
The "sense" being,you should go and join apc or pdp in diaspora where your ranting will have an impact or do same in nigeria by proxy instead of just complaining and if you don't like pdp or apc then join another or form your own party or forever hold your peace
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
mikolo80:
on a non parting note
i will soon be joining you in the diaspora
make money
"invest" it here in nigeria
become a Godfather
while you are trying to figure out what them bush did with your 401k
God willing
The "sense" being,you should go and join apc or pdp in diaspora where your ranting will have an impact or do same in Nigeria by proxy instead of just complaining and if you don't like pdp or apc then join another or form your own party or forever hold your peace

So u are even planning of leaving Nigeria? When I said to u that u ain't making any sense to me, u thought it was a joke right! what u wrote as a response just confirmed it?

Anyways, I don't need to be a politician before I can make a positive impact in my fatherland and at the globe at large e.g Steve jobs, bill gates, skillful young Nigerians doing exceptionally well in there chosen fields of endeavor without any government input can attest to this submission.

I will always continue to advocate for good governance in Nigeria by voicing out until im heard which is also part of my contribution towards nation building even in diaspora and I do not need to be a pdp or apc card carrying member before I can help in re-orientating people like you that the greatest evil one can do to humanity is by being dumb while watching evil prevail as u want me to join u in that club.

Advocacy led to almost all the reforms the world have experienced and not by being a politician, get that into your brains.
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Fourwinds: 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
I know one of d idi..ots will speak. very stu..pid set of people. it is not by force to serve Nigeria. y did he contest. I feel like slapping someone
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by mikolo80: 12:02am On Jun 17, 2015
byrron:

So u are even planning of leaving Nigeria? When I said to u that u ain't making any sense to me, u thought it was a joke right! what u wrote as a response just confirmed it?

Anyways, I don't need to be a politician before I can make a positive impact in my fatherland and at the globe at large e.g Steve jobs, bill gates, skillful young Nigerians doing exceptionally well in there chosen fields of endeavor without any government input can attest to this submission.

I will always continue to advocate for good governance in Nigeria by voicing out until im heard which is also part of my contribution towards nation building even in diaspora and I do not need to be a pdp or apc card carrying member before I can help in re-orientating people like you that the greatest evil one can do to humanity is by being dumb while watching evil prevail as u want me to join u in that club.

Advocacy led to almost all the reforms the world have experienced and not by being a politician, get that into your brains.

If you like voice out from now till thy kingdom come. Na so me sef voice out for last 20yrs. I'm telling you categorically "it doesn't work" shoot soyinka has been doing same for better part of 80yrs but hey if you think you have the magic voice be our guest. Continue to rant. It is your privilege as a Freeman
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 17, 2015
mikolo80:
If you like voice out from now till thy kingdom come. Na so me sef voice out for last 20yrs. I'm telling you categorically "it doesn't work" shoot soyinka has been doing same for better part of 80yrs but hey if you think you have the magic voice be our guest. Continue to rant. It is your privilege as a Freeman

Well I am not in the same school of docile thought with you so stop lobbying me.
The liberation you are enjoying today was yesterdays efforts of people that didn't have your type of defeatist and pessimistic mentality, they gave there all for the sake of humanity even when your type that existed in their days didn't visualize nor agree with them that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Im glad you recognized that i am a free man and that freedom was paid for by the efforts of so many generation before mine who didn't even live to experience that freedom they fought for but you and i are the benefactors of it today, therefore i am also gonna join all rational like minds to do something noble which will also be bequeathed to another generation and you are also very free to confine yourself to your conquered and caged ideology, after all you expect nothing positive, its your choice though and may your heart desires be granted u.

Kindly recognize the fact that we are ideologically far apart, you posit that nothing will ever change in Nigeria and even went on using soyinka as ur reference point? PATHETIC
Re: Rep Kicks Against Campaign To Cut Lawmakers’ Earnings by mikolo80: 1:23am On Jun 17, 2015
byrron:

Well I am not in the same school of docile thought with you so stop lobbying me.
The liberation you are enjoying today was yesterdays efforts of people that didn't have your type of defeatist and pessimistic mentality, they gave there all for the sake of humanity even when your type that existed in their days didn't visualize nor agree with them that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Im glad you recognized that i am a free man and that freedom was paid for by the efforts of so many generation before mine who didn't even live to experience that freedom they fought for but you and i are the benefactors of it today, therefore i am also gonna join all rational like minds to do something noble which will also be bequeathed to another generation and you are also very free to confine yourself to your conquered and caged ideology, after all you expect nothing positive, its your choice though and may your heart desires be granted u.

Kindly recognize the fact that we are ideologically far apart, you posit that nothing will ever change in Nigeria and even went on using soyinka as ur reference point? PATHETIC

. Hope you don't disappoint. And I might be wrong but it looks like you a bit slow in the literacy department. You should have that checked asap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"How I Shared N260million From Dasuki" - PDP Chieftain Tony Anenih / Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / Ortom Orders Removal Of His Name From Wheelbarrows, Hoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.