Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! (4283 Views)

I Will Trek From Lagos To Imo State If Ihedioha Is Declared Gov-elect / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / Breaking News SUNTAI DANBABA Gov Of Taraba State Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by yinkus1(f): 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2009
ara ema ku orire, mimiko  atlast, agagu pele ooooooooooo, ao ni ri ru e mo sorry,over to EFCC,PLS CARRY GO EFCC.
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by honeric01(m): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2009
Good one for Ondo, Now Mimiko should come and see BRF so he can teach him how to plant flowers and tomatoes for roads all over lagos grin grin grin grin
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by russellino: 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2009
Its a victory for democracy no doubt. But followers of Dr.Mimiko's antecedents as minister of works and housing under obj will agree with me that a man who actively champions the evictions of 30,000 people residing in federal govt property without regard to the rule of law or natural justice should be watched closely. Our democracy is still growing but till it matures people like him will be celebrated. Nuff said
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by Becomrrich: 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2009
for the person that ask for mimiko phone number. What do you need the number for. Mimiko is my cousin schoolmate and he knews him. They grew up in ondo together. I am not sure if my cousin can help you and I live abroad, you can try this way.

On if Mimiko can change ondo state. Like I have been posting satellite picture of ondo state. Which shows that the census figure and election were fraud. Most villages are still rural.

How to develop ondo state is simple. Ondo state need to become Nigeria agro allied centre.  We also need to continue with Olokola. It is possible to sell the idea of Olokola abroad. It would depend on mimiko. He as to believe in it.  I was one of the brain behind the idea.

Olokola is based on our vision to create a new lagos state alone the coast of ondo and ogun state. The vision is to re- create either New york or london in africa. A Dubia idea.  It would decongest lagos and create an alternative as a money maker like lagos. The port would be an alternative to lagos port. I can tell you, it would speed up the economy of ondo and ogun state if we develop it. Look this is one of the reason, I would praise President Obasanjo, he was always willing to listen to idea.

Another think mimiko needs to do is bring the cocoa industries. Use of modern technology to produce cocoa faster. He should show interest in oil palm too .  The olokola- ore-ondo-akure to Akoko to lokoja to abuja expressway would transform ondo state. I am busy. I would back later to list.

I believe Olokola can look like this picture.

http://.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=a0bbee7cf92f1da63e6687dfa0c08e04&/topic,14745.0.html

you can call me took at  416 904 5008 or email me at nigeriamail@hotmail.com .

Adesegun M
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by cvibe: 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2009
??
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by yomzy: 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2009
this is another victory for democracy, ekiti and osun state gorvernors are on hot seat but i hope they've not exhusted there 3 life lines grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by atilla(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2009
was Agagu that bad? I always thought he was the rightful winner and his lawyers were messing up till the end.
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by lawwyblack(m): 1:15pm On Feb 27, 2009
YOUR OPINION IS ALL WE NEED TO MAKE NIGERIA BETTER TODAY, VISIT http://greenwhitepolls.com/ THANKS
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by OLADO(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2009
Victory For The People.
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by FASHINA3: 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2009
congrats! to the governor mimiko for his focus and great determination despite series of distractions along the way.i rejoice with him and also i pray for my dear state,osun state because no where to call home than this great state.i pray that the era of military rule will soon be over,because i cannot differentiate the imprisonment of the innocent nigerians in osun state now to that of abacha is era.but let's us know one thing that abacha that god that took the life of abacha,with in a milli-seconds is still at work.
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by Aderupoko2: 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2009
God bless Iwu,without him,the courts wouldn't have been as busy as this.Without him,we wouldn't have known that Americans like Mike Tyson,Mohammed Alli and others, can also be elligible to vote in Nigeria.Even the dead,for the first time,voted massively for their own,Agagu.Iwu is a genius,Iwu is awesome,Iwu is excellent,Iwu is shameless, Iwu,na you be the man jooo!
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by KAdenegan: 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2009
I congratulate all d people of ondo state and equally wish mimiko d best in his administration while admonishing all ondo state citizens to cooperate with him and be all united.
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by tpia: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2009
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by applewise: 11:22am On Mar 02, 2009
Congrats oo MImiko!
I visited Akure recently and the only thing that got my attention and that of my friend was the face of Agagu!
I guess those behind the publicity of his campaign her really good with billboards.
However, i await Mimiko's performance report after the first 100days before i can give my sincere tot on his governance of Ondo state.

Governor Mimiko, Abeg borrow a leaf from governor of Lagos state, if you ask me, he is a performer.

http: / applewise-lagosmegacity..com/
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by Phemzy(m): 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2009
2007: MEND Demands N500m Unpaid Rigging Fee From Agagu

By Yemi Akintomide , Correspondent, Akure

Olusegun Agagu, whom the Appeal Court sacked last Monday as Ondo State Governor, was on Sunday slammed with a N500 million bill by the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) as the fee for helping him to rig the election in 2007.

The court itself ruled that he rigged the election, fired and replaced him with Olusegun Mimiko of the Labour Party (LP), to the jubilation of voters statewide who said Agagu failed to perform.

A text message sent out on Sunday by MEND Spokesman, Ajija Bounanawei, demanded the N500 million as "unpaid rigging fee," and saluted the Appeal Court for getting rid of Agagu.

Bounanawei said the claim by the MEND has been vindicated that it rigged election in Ese-Odo Council in favour of Agagu and his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

To him, the verdict confirmed the role played by the MEND when the court concluded that there was massive rigging and violence in the council, which led to the death of Wahidi Idepe, a 300-level communicative arts student of the University of Ibadan (UI).

He congratulated Mimiko for reclaiming the mandate freely given to him by the electorate.

Bounanawei insisted that the N500 million was the contract sum agreed by Agagu and the MEND before the election, in a deal signed on his behalf by the former Secretary to State Government, Isaacs Kekemeke.

He alleged that Kekemeke, who is from Ese-Odo Council, was the link man between the MEND and the Agagu government until both sides fell out when Agagu refused to pay the fee.

Agagu has been ousted, Bounanawei noted, but he is still liable to pay the N500 million "or the MEND will go ahead and enforce payment in the usual MEND's style.

"For the fact that Agagu has enjoyed the spoil of the office of the Governor of Ondo State he occupied illegally for about two years, it becomes necessary that he pays up the debt on the purported election that brought him to power.

"The MEND will not rest on its oars until Agagu pays up the last kobo of the said fee, as we will employ every weapon in our arsenal to ensure he pays the money we have already worked for by rigging election for him and his cohorts in Ese-Odo Council."

Nonetheless, the MEND apologised to the people of the state, especially those in Ese-Odo Council, for helping Agagu to rig the vote on April 14, 2007.
http://www.independentngonline.com/news/tfpg/article04

I know that Agagu has just begin to face his death.
After this, EFCC will knock on his door.
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by graboid: 7:17am On Mar 13, 2009
Just wondering why all the fuss about mimiko's new status.Don't get me wrong, i laud the judiciary for a fantastic job.However, what does that translate to a common man on the street of akure?I kept asking myself, whats the difference between agagu and mimiko? Judging from the latter history, he is not of good character!

The manner of HIS exit from then, AD in Ondo state is still fresh in my mind(How he wanted to be gov by all means, he had to dish the party that brought him to limelight even w/out any political clot in his clan then).How he supported the PDP against AD to secure agagu the alagbaka seat, how he became the SSG of agagu government and later a minister.He left PDP to LP only because of his personal quest to become governor(Nothing wrong with that), now that he has the state mantle, i cant help to wonder what kind of gov. he will be.

We have seen alot of his kind in nija political arena for long,the end result------not good enough.

This is a man that changes political associations just to benefit self, a man that pointed accusing finger to pple who trusted and worked with him( late adefarati, PDP and now agagu).what kinda of leadership can he offer.I wont be surprised if he decides to join PDP next month!

A man's education or influence is going to open doors of opportunity for him , but his character has to fill up the room,

I am not pre-empting his failure or anything here, i am just wondering aloud how mimiko as gov of ondo will make a difference from agagu as gov afterall they are both SEGUN!

BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER THEY SAY FLOCK TOGETHER!!!!!
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by strangleyo: 1:56am On Apr 11, 2009
graboid:

Just wondering why all the fuss about mimiko's new status.Don't get me wrong, i laud the judiciary for a fantastic job.However, what does that translate to a common man on the street of akure?I kept asking myself, whats the difference between agagu and mimiko? Judging from the latter history, he is not of good character!

The manner of HIS exit from then, AD in Ondo state is still fresh in my mind(How he wanted to be gov by all means, he had to dish the party that brought him to limelight even w/out any political clot in his clan then).How he supported the PDP against AD to secure agagu the alagbaka seat, how he became the SSG of agagu government and later a minister.He left PDP to LP only because of his personal quest to become governor(Nothing wrong with that), now that he has the state mantle, i cant help to wonder what kind of gov. he will be.

We have seen alot of his kind in nija political arena for long,the end result------not good enough.

This is a man that changes political associations just to benefit self, a man that pointed accusing finger to pple who trusted and worked with him( late adefarati, PDP and now agagu).what kinda of leadership can he offer.I wont be surprised if he decides to join PDP next month!

A man's education or influence is going to open doors of opportunity for him , but his character has to fill up the room,

I am not pre-empting his failure or anything here, i am just wondering aloud how mimiko as gov of ondo will make a difference from agagu as gov afterall they are both SEGUN!

BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER THEY SAY FLOCK TOGETHER!!!!!

People are happy that elections were not rigged.

People were happy that a man who was selected for them was removed from the seat of power.

People are happy that democracy has triumphed.

It's not that he may make the best governor, its that there is hope that from now on we can choose our governors instead of them being imposed on us.

This means that if they wish to be re-elected they better do their jobs.
Re: Mimiko Declared Gov. Of Ondo State! by tpia: 2:53am On Apr 11, 2009

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now / More Ex-Govs To Be Arrested This Week - EFCC / Top 8 Senators That Loss Their Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.