Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Suya And Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating It - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suya And Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating It (826 Views)

"Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole / Audu Ogbeh: Stop Eating Moi-Moi Made In Cellophane. / Suya And Reasons You Should Stop Eating It [warning!!!] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suya And Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating It by kenny1313(m): 10:25am On Jun 16, 2015
Suya as it is being made and sold in many places should not be eaten because of the risks and dangers associated. I will try as much as possible toexplain this in very simple and clear terms. This is toenable even a layman read and understand the message of this post. I promise not to mention terms such terms as benz[a]anthracene,Fasciola hepaticaandTaenia saginata. In fact, forget I mentioned those three. All I just want you to know are the risks and dangers associated with eating justany Suya.What is Suya?If you are reading this, you probably know what Suyais. But by way of definition, Suya is a spicy skeweredmeat which is a popular food item in various parts ofNigeria and is enjoyed as a delicacy in many parts ofWest Africa. It is traditionally prepared by the Hausa people of northern Nigeria, Cameroon, Niger, and some parts of Sudan.Health and Safety Issues Associated With Suya ConsumptionForget the dirty environment and poor or zero hygiene conditions in which Suya is made and handled in many places in Nigeria, there are other dangers that are inherent in the consumption of Suya – those that many would never know unless they are Food professional or have come across an article like this that explains it.Suya and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs)You know when they say Cigarette kills? It is majorly due to the PAHs they contain. Many Suya sellers make their Suya by burning all sort of woods and charcoal to make their fire. Some even throw in suchthings as plastics to make their ember burn brighter in order to cook the Suya meat. Many of these materials burning under the meat contain these Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons — and do you know what these PAHs do in the body after enough consumption or exposure?1.Some PAHs are chemical carcinogens (cancer-causing compounds) while seven PAH compounds have also been classified as probable human carcinogens.2.Some PAH compounds are mutagens. Mutagen is a physical or chemical agent that changes the genetic material (DNA).3.According to a finding, reported in an article onhealth.usnews.com, high prenatal exposure toPAH is associated with lower IQ and childhoodasthma.
http://www.foodsng.com/suya-and-reasons-you-should-stop-eating-it/
Re: Suya And Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating It by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2015
I don't like it even,the meat are usually too hard to chew.
Re: Suya And Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating It by McCarlito(m): 10:28am On Jun 16, 2015
Like I always say.... "Na who no get money to buy beer dey talk say beer bitter"
.......Shikena!! angry

1 Like

Re: Suya And Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating It by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:28am On Jun 16, 2015
mcheeeeeewwwwww..... story!... I've been eating suya since 19C.E.... I'm not dead..... all this one na wash.

Have you ever notice how peeps who too conscious of their health always get sick, while we wey no send hardly get sick?
Re: Suya And Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating It by Mutuwa(m): 10:31am On Jun 16, 2015
*continues eating hot suya*

MALLAM...abeg add like 3 sticks with one pure water..
Re: Suya And Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating It by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:32am On Jun 16, 2015
McCarlito:
Like I always say.... "Na who no get money to buy beer dey talk say beer bitter"
.......Shikena!! angry
and how much is suya that he can't afford?,u can get suya as low as 50naira
Re: Suya And Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating It by kodded(m): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2015
Who cares

undecided
****abok! Add plenty onions for the suya*** **
Re: Suya And Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating It by Chibuhealth(f): 11:43am On Jun 16, 2015
I hate suya the way i hate muslims. Anything hausa man prepared is a NO for me. Let them keep washing their kpekus with rubber kettle
Re: Suya And Reasons Why You Should Stop Eating It by McCarlito(m): 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
and how much is suya that he can't afford?,u can get suya as low as 50naira
Abeg!! na which area be dat

(1) (Reply)

4 Important Things You Should Know About Orijin / I Can't Go To Toilet Without My Phone / 10 Reasons Alcohol May Be The Deadliest Drug Of All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.