Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

"Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole (45713 Views)

How Imported Milk Is Killing Nigerians, Africans - Aroms Aigbehi / Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More / Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Lucasinho(m): 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
Minister of Health, Prof Isaac Adewole, has lamented the rate of death in Nigeria resulting from unhealthy diet such as ‘isi ewu’ (spicy goat head) and the much loved suya.

According to Adewole, hypertension is the leading cardiovascular disease in Nigeria and can result in stroke if untreated.

He remarked that 1 in every 5 Nigerians is hypertensive and at risk of premature death.

Presenting the keynote address in Lagos, during the First Annual Black Tie Gala event organised by the Tristate Heart Foundation (THF), to raise N500 million in support of cardiovascular care in Nigeria, he observed that unhealthy diets contributed significantly to the development of non communicable diseases in Nigeria.

He said,
“Sadly, there is widespread low consumption of proteins, fruits and vegetables and increasing patronage of fast food outlets by the population. There is also large promotion of sweetened products such as carbonated drinks, pastries, candies and other refined sugars, while excessive intake of salt is promoted by food additives such as monosodium glutamate common in delicacies such as suya, kilisi, isi-ewu, ngwo-ngwo, among others.”
He further added that current estimates, show that death rate from stroke is 40-50 per cent within the first three months of diagnoses, while 39 per cent of those who survived stroke after three months died within a year, with 12 per cent developing severe disability, Daily Post.

“I can say without fear of contradiction that at least five out of 10 adults seated here tonight have elevated blood pressure and more than half of these are not aware of their situation.

“This is frightening because the dire consequence of neglected hypertension is stroke without warning. Unless we take drastic and sustained actions, we will keep counting losses,” he said.

www.nigeriatoday.ng/2016/12/consumption-of-suya-isi-ewu-kilisi-is-killing-nigerians-health‎-minister/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by joe4real12: 8:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
They want to stop our enjoyment.

Am beginning to suspect these people.

258 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by yomi007k(m): 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
joe4real12:
They want to stop our enjoyment.

Am beginning to suspect these people.

As in ehnn.....check out ds suya wt cold beer.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Jchi9876: 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
This man dey mad ooooo make i no chop ngwo-ngwo with my Red wine or my stock fish nkwobi with my palmie.

These Buharis ministers have started smoking Colombian weed

No be vegetable dey that nkwobi so?

149 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by ojun50(m): 8:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
They hv Started again very soon they we banned all dis

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by yarimo(m): 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
How I wish tomorrow is 2019 presidential election , so that BUHARI and his incompetent ministers should be send back to their village undecided

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by henrydadon(m): 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
wicked government they don't want to see us smile..the only source of enjoyment during this hard times which is suya is what they want to take away from us..it will not work..

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Noblesoul123: 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
Silly bunch of jokers. So Buhari's policies are saving lives abi?

57 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Excelboi(m): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
Suya own will be hard to stop o. Suya with cold Fayrouz or one better cold drink.... But come to think of it, people have been eating suya for ages, This kind of thing doesn't kill Nigerians. grin

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Bhuldoxxa(m): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hmmm
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by mccoy47(m): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
Liars!
Your policies are the things killing us! angry

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by BarakOkenny(m): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
OMG! I just chop suya, now, now.

38 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by truthspeaks: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
Dem don come

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by wise7(m): 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
Wetin concern am now

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
Buhari just banned the importation of cars by land, while his health minister is complaining of the consumption of Isi-Ewu and Suya...they better not ban them as well. cheesy cheesy grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by wiringdpt(m): 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
Buhari kuku kill us nah....no one can stop me from consuming suya, nkwobi, kilishi and isi ewu. I miss my Igbo gf embarassed

15 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Pavore9: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
“Sadly, there is widespread low consumption of proteins, fruits and vegetables"....So true! angry angry

18 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by mattyboy007(m): 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
Make i ask Lie Muhammed

Me: sir is it true dat suya is killing nigerian

Lie: yes, infact it has kill more ppl dan Boko haram insurgence has in d last 8yrs..

Me: fiant

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by mrvitalis(m): 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
This man is not feeling well

3 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by FrankLampard: 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
This man wan spoil business for aboki men. Food we dey chop since thy kingdom come.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by UnknownT: 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
Me wey don dey plan how I go take chop nkwobi n beer once alert enter. Hope we won't hear stories of DSS raiding beer parlors this Christmas

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by davibid: 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
So everything is now an issue in country

Suya sef don turn to problem sha

Wahala ni

angry

4 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Mightyify(m): 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
NO SIR... YOUR RECESSION IS KILLING US MORE.

17 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by pheyikemi: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
Which Nigerians? Show us the evidence that isi-ewu and kilishi killed people. Last time I checked, it's your administration's unfavorable policies, high cost of living leading to poor standard of living that is killing the people. angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by BedLam: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lol is the minister healthy ? He risks having stroke and dementia.

4 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
Something must kill a man

4 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by ooshinibos: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
suya is protein .....the only thing I like about Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by haibe(m): 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
Which one be ngwogo again undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by lomprico(m): 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
Useless gamment!

Una don cause hunga for the land, una wan con stop pipo from chopping.

Tunda faya una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by datyrone(m): 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
but something must kill a man na angry

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by FUCKU: 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
If someone wishes you Nigeria, the person has laid the highest curse on you.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abuja Hospital In Search Of Relatives Of An Unconscious Accident Patient (Photo) / My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) / Austrian Man Bitten By Albino Snake "In Genital Area" As He Sat On Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.