Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card (39886 Views)

Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards / Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ahmed4002:

I guess you the learner now grin

If you're so sure about your token. Maybe you should PM me your debit card details and let's see what happens to your money.

I need an iPad air right now and maybe this is a way God will answer my request. grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Ahmed4002(m): 5:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Brandnew2:

If you're so sure about your token. Maybe you should PM me your debit card details and let's see what happens to your money.

I need an iPad air right now and maybe this is a way God will answer my request. grin

I guess we should open a thread and then people watch the activities.

How much are you betting?

Then the mods can monitor the activities.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ahmed4002:

I guess we should open a thread and then people watch the activities.

How much are you betting?

Then the mods can monitor the activities.

No need...I hope you don't learn the hard way. Just don't be careless with your debit card details.
#Chikena.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
Brandnew2:
True and true. If you ever give me your ATM card thinking it's safe without the pin. All your money will be donated to Konga and Jumia. grin

Reason she gave you her card. Dump

Side note.. A rich female friend of mine actually handed me her ATM card and PIN to withdraw some money and I couldn't help but wonder how dumb that could be given that I may decide to withdraw the expected amount while she gets the alert only for me to go on a shopping spree months later.

But I never did that cuz I'm trustworthy. cheesy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by mactoni91(m): 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
dem go purchase without soft token? Clap for your self
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by wtfCode: 6:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
mehn, how is that possible without pin? How do they do that? Can it happen on expired atm card?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Abbey2sam(m): 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
in as much as this is educative, you have just awoken curiosity in some people

someone will definitely use this info the wrong way
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by maafen: 6:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
So true. I learnt the hard way about 2 years ago when my close friend brought airtime worth 15k with using my card details.
To add salt to the injury it was him I went first to tell what happened to me, it was after much pondering and reflection that I found out.
He couldn't deny when I confronted him afterwards
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
verification by iPIN when used in Nigeria
Text message verifcation by interswitch when used in Nigeria
Getting the exact billing address when used abroad so it would really difficult to use someones card.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by nkem123(m): 7:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
I gave a frnd of mine my ATM card to withdraw some cash for me, months after he went back to whr I kept it and did 3 different withdrawals from my account.
he withdrew 3k d first week, second week he withdrew 5k, and third week he withdrew 10k before I discovered.he withdrew 18k in total, if I hadn't discovered he would have continued like that unnoticed.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by omartins(m): 7:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
When I was serving in Enugu-Ezike, 5 of us will have to send 1 person to Nsuka to cash money. No choice than to release your ATM and PIN.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by mcdokwe(m): 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
Op go and "sat down" like a friend of mine would say.

The basic thing is trust. You don't give your atm to just anybody in the first place, but to those you believe you can trust and hope they don't disappoint whether or not they keep that trust is theirs. But the other good thing is that most banks have introduced the token option or one-time-code for online transactions.

So if I trust someone, I go give am the atm. Thank you
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by imakemillions: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
IF you have a laptop,phone or a tablet you can make money within the next hour,evryone make money up to 72times daily.it is literally imposible not to make money refferals not compulsory not MLM.just do these simple step.view ad,click 10ads daily and get paid.its sound too good to be true.inbox me for details.

nonyedbest@yahoo.com
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by greggng: 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
With zennith masters card u will be asked for a 10 digit code . This code is only given to you if you re doing internet banking or u ve to visit ur bank to get the code.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by spencekat(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Can a husband give his ATM card and PIN to his wife and vice versa?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Bigdreams(m): 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
Thanks for the info.

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by uzor2(m): 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
i don't think it's possible to shop online only with ATM cards. If you activate and register for a token, then it will be difficult because the random generated token number will be required for any transaction to be completed.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Cityguy: 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hahahahaha... Thank God am obsessed with checking my balance almost every half hour! if my card miss peren like this ehn, sharpally I done move my money. To another bank account before I even think of reportinggrin grin grin. Oya carry my card dey go.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by professore(m): 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
This is informative
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by udy4real(m): 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
Brandnew2:
True and true. If you ever give me your ATM card thinking it's safe without the pin. All your money will be donated to Konga and Jumia. grin

Side note.. A rich female friend of mine actually handed me her ATM card and PIN to withdraw some money and I couldn't help but wonder how dumb that could be given that I may decide to withdraw the expected amount while she gets the alert only for me to go on a shopping spree months later.

Na lie,u can't use my card without my pin on konga or any othher site
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by petluva: 10:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
Paypal also uses debit card for payment. And you can't Shop on Jumia & konga successfully without providing your pin and a one time password(OTP) OR Token code.

Brandnew2:

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by nurez305(m): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
If they got your card number and your pin how will they get your phone to verify your online payment

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Optimisticgondy(m): 9:14am On Jun 17, 2015
This is more reason I'm not leaving any money in my Access account.
Every time I fund my forex account, they won't request for my Access Visa Card iPin. Even, Amazon deducts their charges even without iPin. It still shocks me till now. I'll complain when go to the bank
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Stevosty: 9:54am On Jun 17, 2015
It should be don't let anyone see your last four digit printed on your atm card especially if it is a gtb card, all the person needs after seeing it is your phone and viola you bank account is empty.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Stevosty: 9:54am On Jun 17, 2015
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Stevosty: 9:56am On Jun 17, 2015
It should be don't let anyone see your last four digit printed on your atm card especially if it is a gtb card, all the person needs after seeing it is your phone and behold your bank account is empty.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by hustla(m): 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
Pope22:
Without your pin, nobody will ever use your atm card for any online transaction. These days, not only that most online transaction needs your 4 digit pin, they also need what is called OTP (one time password) which will always be sent to your mobile, you supply the numbers before you continue any online transaction. If somebody can use your atm card for online transaction without your pin, you think you are safe moving or going out with your card? When armed robbers see you along the road, they don't need to ask for your money, they would have been collecting atm cards and selling to people or use it themselves.

Blatant lie
Except u are paying on betting sites, it most likely wont
i can shop with your card on Aliexpress and it wont ask of O not to talk of TP
Your money don waka go be that
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by hustla(m): 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
uzor2:
i don't think it's possible to shop online only with ATM cards. If you activate and register for a token, then it will be difficult because the random generated token number will be required for any transaction to be completed.

I have GTBank token and some sites wont ask for OTP
Better listen to what the OP is saying
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by scarr: 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
Brandnew2:

ideas like this is what lands people in jail
so u pay with her card
she gets an alert
she reports to the bank then the police(while you are waiting for your goods to arrive)
when ur stolen goods are delivered, police is also there to deliver you

bros life no be nollywood, think before you act

any bastard who thnks he is smart enough should use my card na 5399 4562 3652 4261 ccv 562

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
scarr:

ideas like this is what lands people in jail
so u pay with her card
she gets an alert
she reports to the bank then the police(while you are waiting for your goods to arrive)
when ur stolen goods are delivered, police is also there to deliver you

bros life no be nollywood, think before you act

any bastard who thnks he is smart enough should use my card na 5399 4562 3652 4261 ccv 562

I don't need it and that's why I didn't do that in the first place.

I've also used my card info to her favour and she simply reciprocated it. That's what true friendship is all about.

I'm way too blessed to be entangled with some material possession..
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by scarr: 6:14am On Jun 18, 2015
Brandnew2:

I don't need it and that's why I didn't do that in the first place.

I've also used my card info to her favour and she simply reciprocated it. That's what true friendship is all about.

I'm way too blessed to be entangled with some material possession..
Good for the both of you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gtbank Clarifies Fake News Regarding Innoson / Tony Elumelu Spends Sallah Holidays With Brother Ndudi In Delta (Video) / 5 Creative Way To Make Money In 2016 Without Any Capital Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.