Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

I Want Change, The Common Man Change (if Desire Change Like Me, Read) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want Change, The Common Man Change (if Desire Change Like Me, Read) (386 Views)

No First Lady Has Been Harassed Like Me, Says Patience Jonathan / We Say We Want Change Yet... By Mathias Orhero / Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Change, The Common Man Change (if Desire Change Like Me, Read) by ponti93(m): 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Its almost two weeks since our new president got into power, Congratulations i say to him.
its been a while i picked my pen to write, so ,

Today I take the position of the common man, the struggling common man on the streets of my country, the man who hustles for himself and his family. He who desires a serious change in the situation of things.I mean the man who wants change like his new president.

Yes I want change, change I need.To be able to wake up and hear that petrol is below #90 , and that all other things whose prices are dependent on petrol cost has seen a significant reduction in price. To wake up and call my Chinese customer and tell him to my goods to my country because dollar against local currency has taken a plunge at a bearable rate. To see see my gen set begging for maintenance because PHCN has repented and i now get electricity ma of 20hrs a day (wow). To feel the effect of a growing economy in my daily life and not reading them only on the papers and internet. To see that the minimum wage has been increased without NLC going on strike because of it. To see our schools equipped and made conducive for learning at an optimum level. To read no more of boko haram this, boko haram that and to feel safe going to do business in benue. To see people rejoice when they posted to bornu to serve as youth corpers.

Now that is change, yes, i want change.

To see graduates get jobs and those who want to be entrepreneurs, get assistance and not a long list of unbearable requirements from financial helpers. To wake up, saying that my country will be the best one day and not that my country will be better one day. To hear that old men and women who served their country in their youth, no longer stand in long queues under the harsh weather waiting for their pension approval, rather payment process is now prompt,fast and reliable. To know that corruption in high and low places is at minimal level. To boast that i am a Nigerian anytime,anywhere and to anybody.

That is the change i want , the common man change.
God bless Nigeria my country.

I dedicate this piece to all who hustle to make it in their various fields and to the common man on the street.

Till i write again
Stay true to your hustle
Pounds Pontian
UMG
@mrpounds93
Re: I Want Change, The Common Man Change (if Desire Change Like Me, Read) by ijaola(m): 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
FTC.
I hope this is the change we all want that is here.
Sai Baba.
Re: I Want Change, The Common Man Change (if Desire Change Like Me, Read) by mikolo80: 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
then go and get it and stop disturbing da peace
Re: I Want Change, The Common Man Change (if Desire Change Like Me, Read) by ponti93(m): 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
and he said...
Re: I Want Change, The Common Man Change (if Desire Change Like Me, Read) by ponti93(m): 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Took N480bn Loan, Says Omisore / NASS Wardrobe Allowance Is .5m Not N8.64bn — RMAFC Boss, Mbam / Breaking !!! Fresh Bomb Blast Hits Bus Station In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.