Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Travel To Switz - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel To Switz (1174 Views)

44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport / If You Want To Travel To Kenya, Malindi Is The Place. . ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel To Switz by xpriest: 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2009
Hi room, my brother is in Germany and would like to move to Switzerland. As he is new in Germany and would like to enter switzerland. How could he possibly do it? Please if there is anyone who is currently in Europe or has an idea to this I would appericiate this very much. What type of travel documents does he need as his German visa has expired. I also would like to know what is required and if flying in would be optional.

Thanks pals.
Re: Travel To Switz by Tegese: 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2009
he should ask the people around him for any syndicate or connection-man in his local area, such a person can not be found on this site.
Re: Travel To Switz by ceez: 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2009
xpriest I will give you an advice. Swiss is a schengen state so if your brother is in Germany there is nothing to worry about. Your brother should confirm if he can travel by bus or train from the city where he is to Swiss. Trains into Basel (swiss) might be 4 hrs from some cities in Germany. There will be ID checks in the trains but not for visas and entry permits. They can keep the ID or passport as long as almost during the whole the trip but tell your brother he doesn´t need to worry cos they return everyone´s ID before they get to the boarders.

There could be a control (check) in the boarders if you go by bus but again I say it´s not for visa unless you have done something or are travelling with something you shouldn´t have. That can lead to visa checks.  Flights are very good too cos there won´t be visa controls cos he will travel into the local terminal this time. Most times the problem would be as soon as you step out of the airport, another thing is how many international flights are coming in the same time, He should ask people so they can make the booking very well. If you can´t find someone, while this trade goes on and people share ideas I can give you more clarifications if you are still confused. But there is nothing to worry about, he should worry more about the city where he will stay than this trip. It´s 97% safe!
Re: Travel To Switz by Tegese: 11:17am On Feb 24, 2009
ceez:

xpriest I will give you an advice. Swiss is a schengen state so if your brother is in Germany there is nothing to worry about. Your brother should confirm if he can travel by bus or train from the city where he is to Swiss. Trains into Basel (swiss) might be 4 hrs from some cities in Germany. There will be ID checks in the trains but not for visas and entry permits. They can keep the ID or passport as long as almost during the whole the trip but tell your brother he doesn´t need to worry cos they return everyone´s ID before they get to the boarders.

There could be a control (check) in the boarders if you go by bus but again I say it´s not for visa unless you have done something or are travelling with something you shouldn´t have. That can lead to visa checks.  Flights are very good too cos there won´t be visa controls cos he will travel into the local terminal this time. Most times the problem would be as soon as you step out of the airport, another thing is how many international flights are coming in the same time, He should ask people so they can make the booking very well. If you can´t find someone, while this trade goes on and people share ideas I can give you more clarifications if you are still confused. But there is nothing to worry about, he should worry more about the city where he will stay than this trip. It´s 97% safe!

i'm afraid, you might be getting it wrong. yes, while schengen countries are said to be boarder free crossing, it's not for those who are illegal or those whose visas have expired. first of all, a traveller will have to be examined, and his passport or travel documents will be accessed and scrutinised before allowing him to get on board. so, while there might be no boarder control at the destinations, the actual checkings are usually carried out by the travel company's staff; being it airline, railways or buses. and yes, schengen countries may be boarderless, but that doesn't mean they allow non-eu passports with invalid travel doccuments to travel the boarders.
it is even easier by flight than by land in the sense that once you're able to beat the departure airport, you will have no problem entering the arrival country.
but by land, there are various check points with immigration officers who might not bother about checking the passengers (if all passengers seem to be whites). but with the presence of just one black among them, there will definitely be a random document check for every passenger to avoid being accused of racism. this makes many land transport companies try to avoid having a non-white as passenger because there are likely going to be delays at checkpoints just because of one black person. it's not racism, but just logical.
your suggestion will definitely get the guy into trouble that might send him back to nigeria because, if anyone is caught trying to cross the boarders without the right documents, it is regarded as a serious immigration crime which will involve more than one country and will surely result in jail and then-after deportation.
though i'm not soliciting this, but the best thing the subject can do is to consult a syndicate (or connection man) who will do it their own ways; these guys know how to go about their own illegal travel business.
Re: Travel To Switz by Thadude(m): 12:15am On Feb 25, 2009
your suggestion will definitely get the guy into trouble that might send him back to nigeria

You guys make 9ja sound as if its a dead zone, assuming he is deported does it mean he will die? Arent there people living in 9ja even wit all the kidnappings.
Re: Travel To Switz by darkroll(m): 8:07am On Feb 25, 2009
As switzerland joined schengen or they still in the progress of joining?
Re: Travel To Switz by xpriest: 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2009
Thank you Ceez I verified your information with someone and it was correct. My brother used the method and he used it this morning. He has called me from swiss today. I had to log in after he called to say a personal thank you to you. I am more than happy now. Please where are you or can you give me your email address?

Thanks a lot brooooo.

NB: Thank God I listened to you.
Re: Travel To Switz by Tegese: 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2009
xpriest:

Thank you Ceez I verified your information with someone and it was correct. My brother used the method and he used it this morning. He has called me from swiss today. I had to log in after he called to say a personal thank you to you. I am more than happy now. Please where are you or can you give me your email address?

Thanks a lot brooooo.

NB: Thank God I listened to you.
maybe you should ask your brother to tell you the kind of connection he used for travelling into switzerland from Germany because, switzerland is not a member schengen states, at least, not for now. so, it can't be ceez's information that helped him: that is a misinformation.
here is the list of today's schengen states:

http://consulfrance-vancouver.org/visas/anglais/listes/pays_schengen.htm

List of countries forming the Schengen region

Schengen is the name applied to a series of agreements that eliminate border controls between most but not all European countries.

The government of the following countries signed the Schengen agreements :

Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden

Ireland and the United Kingdom, although members of the European Union, are not part of the Schengen area.

Canadians and several other nationalities do not require visas for short term visits to Schengen countries as long as they do not engage in non-tourist activities. Click here to consult the list of countries exempt from requesting a short stay visa for France.

However, prior to leaving their country of permanent residence for Europe, foreigners are strongly advised to contact the embassy or consulate of the Schengen countries they plan to visit to verify how long they are authorized to stay in each country without a visa. This is particularly important for travellers who plan to stay in Schengen countries for more than 90 days.

Travellers should ensure that their passports are stamped on entry and exit at the external borders of the Schengen area. The passport stamps serve as documentary evidence of a traveller's length of stay in Schengen territory. Officers at ports of entry might wave travellers through but it is in a traveller's interest to request an entry stamp. There is normally no passport control at borders between Schengen countries, and therefore the absence of an entry stamp from the initial Schengen port of entry could create difficulties during subsequent encounters with local police or other authorities.

It is important to note that the rules of Schengen countries governing the entry of foreigners is still evolving. For the most up-to-date and authoritative information, you should contact the embassy or consulate of the countries you plan to visit.

http://consulfrance-vancouver.org/visas/anglais/listes/pays_schengen.htm
Re: Travel To Switz by ceez: 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2009
xpriest am happy for your brother. I would like to write you here because on email the message will not get to everyone who needs it,  Tegese I watch and read what people write and I don´t contribute when I don´t know what to say. Your advice is good as it´s a protectional one but I also understand you know nothing about what you are saying. Joining schengen means there´s no boarder control within member states, no visa and ID checks and there are no check points everywhere as YOU DON"T KNOW. Cars can be checked at random but this is usually for car papers and driving stuffs and maybe see what you´ve got in your car trunk. The funny thing is police may control the 10 bottles of whisky you have in your car and not you. Unless you give them a reason to check your ID like I quoted in the past. Even the police you can see in these boarders have different uniforms now (schengen). Did you ever hear that people who don´t have residency permits don´t travel from Portugal to Spain or even use the airports from madrid to valencia? Nobody checks visas, they check your passport to match it with your travel deatils. You know Tegese the little time you spend on internet can be used on research through helpful websites like google so you don´t have to say what you wish and not what happens. You discouraged xpriest from the 1st time he wrote this and told him nobody here can help him. This is a Nigerian forum and we try to help with advices where we can,  I don´t mean to offend you though. It´s good the guys already used the method though

NB: darkroll Switzerland started their 1st implementation on 12 December 2008, Partially (land borders and visas) but full implementation follows on 29 march 2009. Would you want more information or a link to where you can read this i will send you on this forumn. Or you can read it from the schengen website.

One more thing tegese try to update your old information or at least don´t copy from canadian pages. Copy from European pages: Below is a link to BBC news on switz´s accession into schengen plus some of us celebrated this move live on this day:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4738063.stm

The link above clearly states:

The Schengen Agreement abolishes internal borders, enabling passport-free movement between a large number of European countries.

The BBC News website explains what the Schengen Agreement consists of and how it came about.

Which countries have removed internal borders?

On 12 December 2008, the number increased to 25.

Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain implemented the agreement in 1995. They were followed by Italy and Austria in 1997, Greece in 2000, and Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland in 2001.

Nine more members joined in 2007, they are the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia. Switzerland implemented the agreement on 12 December 2008.

A map of the Schengen zone
Are other countries going to remove them too?

Liechtenstein expects to implement the agreement on 1 November 2009. There is no date yet for Cyprus which joined the EU in 2004 or for Bulgaria and Romania, which joined in 2007.

The latter two countries are not yet deemed to meet the necessary security criteria.

What else, apart from removal of internal borders, does Schengen involve?

The main feature is the creation of a single external border, and a single set of rules for policing the border. Among the other measures are:

Common rules on asylum
Hot pursuit - police have the right to chase suspected criminals across borders
Separation in airports of people travelling within the Schengen area from other passengers
Common list of countries whose nationals require visas
Creation of the Schengen Information System (SIS) which allows police stations and consulates to access a shared database of wanted or undesirable people and stolen objects
Joint efforts to fight drug-related crime
Re: Travel To Switz by ceez: 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2009
Ceez´s information can even help you Tegese cos you and I know you need this help!
Re: Travel To Switz by xpriest: 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2009
Prof Tegese at least my brother didn´t get deported. What was your contribution when i posted this? You told me to go elsewhere and not this forum. I have also checked the information both of you have on schengen states and I think you should modify yours with his. You are backward.
Re: Travel To Switz by darkroll(m): 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2009
ceez i just checked it up on google you are absolutely right.
Re: Travel To Switz by ceez: 8:44pm On Feb 25, 2009
RE darkroll : Thanx for verifying this darkroll , It helps more people here still. Plus am happy the guy in Germany is in swiss already as we talk!! Have fun!
Re: Travel To Switz by Udode(f): 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2009
lol , ok im glad your brother made it to switzerland, because swiss is def. not in the shengen, they have bilateral contracts with EU but they can still control you on your entry, and yes, you do need a visa for a stay (only a transit via is not required anymore) but for this you would need to have a document that shows that you are not staying longer than 3 days (flight ticket, hotel res. or else).

Anyway your brother made it, i am happy for him, hope he will manage here, since life is harder here than in germany, xspecially for nigerians

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Abeg. / Visa To Travel To Turkey, 100% Guarantee / Warning Travelers!!! Re: Egypt Air Humiliation Of A Nigerian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.