Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? (2451 Views)

Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. / N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Presidency In Dilemma Over Four Gov's Secret Alliance With APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by money4cash(m): 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2009
Lets look at what is going on in our nation nigeria. Ebira as a majority in Kogi State have become a minority in the state they have about 60% of the population, 75% of the State resources by fact. they have been marginalize in their state to an extent they have never produce a single minister since 1999 till date. A district that produces the like of Tom Adaba, a notable journalist, formal chief of the armed force Gen Salihu, formal Inspector General of Police Abdullahi Attah, the formal director general of PHCN formally NEPA, Joseph Makoju, etc, yet nothing could be done, what will be the faith of Ebira people in a Federal post. is there any possibility of seeing an Ebiran that is unable to produce state Governor in Aso rock?, your opinion please.
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by DRANOEL(m): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2009
is there possibility for an efik president?
is a tiv president possible?
how about jukun president?
o wait,what of ibibio president?
just thinking about an angas president.

you see dude,there are over 250 tribes in nigeria and you certainly dont believe all will smell the presidency in your life time! go and rest abeg

5 Likes

Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by banom(m): 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2009
Uhm person wey dey for that picture they smoke igbo(marijuana) well well, na him wan come rule us, we no wan high.
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by ElRazur: 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2009
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now that I vented some anger, let me know post with less anger!

Who gives a damn if you are a majority, minority or even non existence. Seriously, who gives a PHUCK if you are ebira? It is this stupid mentality of division that is killing my people and it is pathetic. Why ebira people? Why not someone who can do the job without discrimination. I personally do not care who runs the country as long as they run it well and ensure there is a fair services to everyone as possible.

It is this stupid mentality of division that have ensured we have more and more states, thereby making it complex for us to run a nation effectively.

Also, if I may ask you why did you upload a picture with your post, It makes no sense. Or are you just seeking attention? It is too big and needs to be resized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by Muza(m): 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2009
how?
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by congoshine(m): 8:03am On Feb 24, 2009
@topic,
Na beans? 

All these minority people that don't like respecting themselves,sege !  sad angry
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by darqly(m): 6:47pm On Feb 24, 2009
Ebira? Majority in Kogi? Wake up from your slumber mate and rub your eyes. Your people are so bent on killing themselves, that I'm sure you've established yourselves as a true minority grin

President ke? Maybe of Ebira Mens' Association,
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by boyscout: 9:47am On Feb 25, 2009
darqly:

Ebira? Majority in Kogi? Wake up from your slumber mate and rub your eyes. Your people are so bent on killing themselves, that I'm sure you've established yourselves as a true minority grin

President ke? Maybe of Ebira Mens' Association,

grin grin grin grin
LOL.

The fact that you have some lucky ones that rose to the peak of their careers and some bright one is not an exclusive right. Hypothetical your question may be but the colour of skin or tribe should not be yard stick. I bet, if you ever get Anebira that aside trying to associate with him as your tribes man there will be nothing else you will have to show for it.
So please let us move pass this, if language were the criteria in countries like USA, Obama we all celebrate would not have in the first place make it beyond Harvard.

So if an Ebira wants to aspire on his individual qualities let him feel free to do that. But if he is going to bank on his tribe, let him just pass because he will not get to Meme bridge and MM bridge will be too far a distance to cover.

On the issue of Ebiramen Association, well food for thought
Put your house in order.
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by Lagosboy: 10:10am On Feb 25, 2009
I don’t know if this sectarianism or tribalism can ever leave our country. Here is someone within a state screaming discrimination, what would this person do to people outside his state not talking about someone far away from his tribe.

All the people shouting Nigeria should divide I wonder what will happen if people like this start to scream discrimination after the division, afurther division maybe till every state becomes a country and then states like Kogi would have Ebira people shouting for their own country.
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by deor03(m): 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2009
Marginalization, Tribalism , nepotism angry, the bane of our progress.

Who cares where you come from? Of what value is an Ijaw, Hausa,Efik, or whatever tibe the president comes from , If i have social security in all spheres of my life and my nation's children lives is secured?
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by itstpia8: 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
Jonathan was installed as president in 2010. he's from a minority tribe (i think).

although, technically, Ijaw might be the fourth, fifth or sixth largest tribe in Nigeria.

At least in the biggest ten perhaps.
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by obasiken: 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
Nononononononono. Develope your state first stop dreaming of presidency.
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by adaweezy(m): 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
itstpia8:
Jonathan was installed as president in 2010. he's from a minority tribe (i think).

although, technically, Ijaw might be the fourth, fifth or sixth largest tribe in Nigeria.

Fourth largest but If you count hausa separate from fulani it's the fifth largest ethnic group in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by Jokay07(m): 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
itstpia8:

jonathan presidency was as a result of political miscalculation.
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by adaweezy(m): 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
money4cash:
Lets look at what is going on in our nation nigeria. Ebira as a majority in Kogi State have become a minority in the state they have about 60% of the population, 75% of the State resources by fact. they have been marginalize in their state to an extent they have never produce a single minister since 1999 till date. A district that produces the like of Tom Adaba, a notable journalist, formal chief of the armed force Gen Salihu, formal Inspector General of Police Abdullahi Attah, the formal director general of PHCN formally NEPA, Joseph Makoju, etc, yet nothing could be done, what will be the faith of Ebira people in a Federal post. is there any possibility of seeing an Ebiran that is unable to produce state Governor in Aso rock?, your opinion please.
Who dash anebira that much population
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by Duru1(m): 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
money4cash:

How can Ebira take the honor of majority ethnic group in Kogi when there are Igala? Are you sure Attah is not Igala?
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by MeAboki(m): 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
money4cash:

Yes, an Ebira man has more chance than most other Nigerians, considering the fact that the Middle Belt, where he hails from, had produced more heads of states than any region: Gowon = Angas, IBB = Gwari and Abdusalam = Nupe.
Re: Can Ebira Man Ever Taste The Post Of Presidency In Nigeria? by Iroh88(m): 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
DRANOEL:
is there possibility for an efik president?
is a tiv president possible?
how about jukun president?
o wait,what of ibibio president?
just thinking about an angas president.

you see dude,there are over 250 tribes in nigeria and you certainly dont believe all will smell the presidency in your life time! go and rest abeg
EOD. This thread is complete nonsense.

(1) (Reply)

British Aristocracy: The Only Two Nigerians In The British House Of Lords / Why Is Ebola Only Happening In APC Controlled States?(must read) / Nigerians No 1 Most Friendly Vice President Yemi Osinbajo<pics>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.