Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

New To Programming! Really Neeed Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / New To Programming! Really Neeed Help (1064 Views)

Learn Python- Introduction To Programming / Please. I'm New To Programming. How Do I Start Learning It And Where? / What Happened To Programming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by HoluwadareY(m): 1:36am On Jun 17, 2015
pls i am new to programming. just started learning [/b]Python[b]. i really need help on functions esp those that return values. how to define it and how to call it. thanks in advance
Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by codemarshal08(m): 5:51am On Jun 17, 2015
HoluwadareY:
pls i am new to programming. just started learning [/b]Python[b]. i really need help on functions esp those that return values. how to define it and how to call it. thanks in advance

Bro, don't you think "Google.com" could answer these questions better ?

1 Like

Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by HoluwadareY(m): 5:55am On Jun 17, 2015
codemarshal08:

Bro, don't you think "Google.com" could answer these questions better ?

yes, and that was my first option. i think i need someone to ask some direct questions and that calls for this thread. thanks for your concern anyways
Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by anetuno(m): 8:00am On Jun 17, 2015
I have said it time and time again that anybody new to programming should start with JavaScript. It is a very good object oriented programming (OOP) and the internet is awash with resources and tutorials on it. It will give you a solid foundation on OOP and you can then move on to Python, Java, C#, etc and you will have fewer questions to ask. After getting grounded in JavaScript, I will recommend you move on to Java, it is the most popular programming language with widespread use.

1 Like

Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by umaryusuf(m): 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by omoelu1(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
HoluwadareY:
get a good book on python, I suggest "a byte of python" by swaroop. it is explanatory and beginner friendly.
then you wouldn't need anybody to tell you what fruitful functions are.

1 Like

Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by lekropasky(m): 3:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
I'm facing exaltly the same prob. and I have searched everywhere for solution still haven't gotten it. I hope someone can put more light on this. thanks

1 Like

Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
function in python:
function that return a text good morning

def gret():
t = "good morning sir"
return t
or
def gret():
return("good morning sir"wink)

to call above function you have to create a vairable to hold return value

like this

salute = gret()
print(salute)

here is my number 08161392463
add me on whatsapp I will be grad to teach u more

1 Like

Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by umaryusuf(m): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
HoluwadareY:

Read the following links to understand most about python functions:-
http://www.python-course.eu/python3_functions.php

http://zetcode.com/lang/python/functions/

1 Like

Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by HoluwadareY(m): 4:59am On Jun 19, 2015
omoelu1:

get a good book on python, I suggest "a byte of python" by swaroop. it is explanatory and beginner friendly.
then you wouldn't need anybody to tell you what fruitful functions are.

thanks , i really appreciate. downloaded it. i have books like Python for everyone, thinkpython, automate the boring stuff with python annd they are useful too.
Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by HoluwadareY(m): 5:01am On Jun 19, 2015
cbtgeek:
function in python:
function that return a text good morning

def gret():
t = "good morning sir"
return t
or
def gret():
return("good morning sir"wink)

to call above function you have to create a vairable to hold return value

like this

salute = gret()
print(salute)

here is my number 08161392463
add me on whatsapp I will be grad to teach u more
thanks, i will message you sir
Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by HoluwadareY(m): 5:03am On Jun 19, 2015
umaryusuf:

Read the following links to understand most about python functions:-
http://www.python-course.eu/python3_functions.php

http://zetcode.com/lang/python/functions/

thanks. those sites really helped
Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by seunthomas: 11:35am On Jun 19, 2015
anetuno:
I have said it time and time again that anybody new to programming should start with JavaScript. It is a very good object oriented programming (OOP) and the internet is awash with resources and tutorials on it. It will give you a solid foundation on OOP and you can then move on to Python, Java, C#, etc and you will have fewer questions to ask. After getting grounded in JavaScript, I will recommend you move on to Java, it is the most popular programming language with widespread use.
Dude Javascript OOP is much more difficult than learning python straight up for OOP. But you are right, javascript is a good introductory language for learning programming. I recommend he starts with html+javascript and then he can move to python or c.
Re: New To Programming! Really Neeed Help by umaryusuf(m): 4:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
HoluwadareY:

thanks. those sites really helped

Your welcome.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of A Pos To Take All Records Of Sales / [available Now !]affordable Wordpress Design And Web Hosting / "JDK SE 8 Interrupted Before Completing Installation" Any Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.