Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 (16026 Views)

Ese: ‘I Don’t Know How I Got To Kano. Even Now, I Don’t Still Don't Know How.' / 17 GTB Staff With Fake NYSC Exemption Certificates Arrested / Abraham Olaniyan Arrested For Selling His Day Old Baby For N350,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by StFunmi(f): 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
I got my fake Ife, UI, NYSC certificates for N350,000

By AKIN OYEDELE

NOTHING in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Ingenuity will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

Ogunshola

Had Olusola Ogunshola come across this wise saying of Calvin Coolidge, the 30th President of the United States of America, in his quest to earn a living through honest means, maybe he would have been singing a song different from the one he now sings at the headquarters of the Oyo State Police Command, where he is now cooling off.

Born 51 years ago in Sagamu, Ogun State, Ogunshola said he had tried his hands on many things since he finished from Oke Ibadan Boys High School, Ibadan, in 1974. He was a petty trader, clergy, and fish farmer at different times in order to secure honest livelihood. He didn't have a major breakthrough, he said.

In 1987, he said he struck an idea to travel abroad to seek the proverbial greener pasture, which landed him in trouble 21 years after.

Legitimately, Ogunshola did not possess more than a school certificate, but he goes about parading himself as a lawyer and pastor to swindle unsuspecting members of the public. It will be difficult for anybody to believe that the Bachelor's of Law certificate of the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University); Master's of Law degree certificate of the University of Ibadan, Ibadan (which he 'bagged' even before the university began postgraduate degree in law); the National Youth Service Corps certificate; call to Bar certificate and the identity card of the Nigeria Bar Association, found in his possession, were forged.

Not only that, the suspect confessed in an interview with our correspondent that he "stole" the stamp and letterhead of a law firm, S. O. Alli and Co. And to complete his bogus identity, he said he purchased a lawyer's wig and gown, with a shirt to match in Lagos, when he finally decided to pass for a lawyer. Before he was excommunicated when his deals became known to the church authority, Ogunshola was also a 'pastor' with the Global Harvest Church, where he 'cast and bound' the devil and its agents for several years. The official stamp of the church, a disused locally-made gun, two international passports and some fake certificates of occupancy were also among his haul.

The Commissioner of Police at the state command, Mr. Bashiru Azeez, said that the suspect was nabbed over a N362,000 shady deal that went awry.

Azeez said, "His cup became full when one of his victims reported that the transaction between them began on February 15, 2006 when the victim met the suspect at their church.

"The victim had told him that he needed the services of a lawyer to verify the genuineness of a property in Lagos State, which was introduced to him for purchase and to process the certificate of occupancy in respect of the property.

"To his enquiry, the suspect responded that he was a barrister and could render him the legal services. The victim was pleased at this development; that he had found a lawyer pastor in whom he could repose absolute trust."

Pronto, the victim was said to have made available the sum charged by the 'lawyer' in order not to lose the property to other interested buyers. That became his undoing. Ogunshola went to work and before you could say Babatunde Fashola, he had produced a purported C of O and other legal documents on the property, which the CP said were later discovered to be forged. Had the suspect refunded the money, probably the victim would have kept this secret, but he began to dilly-dally, as months of unfulfilled promises turned to years.

But on Thursday, Ogunshola cut the image of a pensive rogue, who having realised the gravity of his offence, would pose as a fowl beaten by the rain in his wig and robe.

Asked how he came about the certificates found in his possession, he said that it was in 1987 when he was desperate to travel out of the country that he encountered one late Ishiaku, who procured the documents for him at a fee of N350,000. Before his accomplice died in an auto accident (if he was not being economical with the truth), he said he was in the process of securing a Canadian visa with his fake certificates. Asked why he needed to go to that extent to secure a visa, he claimed that the idea was that of his late accomplice to smoothen the process. His dream however vanished with the death of Ishiaku.

His good command of English language notwithstanding, he said he could not further his education beyond secondary school due to lack of financial support from his struggling parents. His memory failed him when asked how he met the late accomplice and where.

He said the death of his partner dealt him a devastating blow that he did not know how to pick up the pieces of his life, having lost his life savings from his petty trading to the ambition.

Ogunshola insisted that he never defrauded his victim, who he identified as one Kayode Oresanya. Rather, he said that a link person that he contracted to secure the C of O from the Office of Surveyor General in Lagos "collected the money and ran away."

He said, "I was no longer making use of the certificates. The police found them in my store. I never went to court or took a brief from anybody. I acquired those things when I wanted to travel abroad. When the Canada thing failed, Ishiaku still promised to help me before he died in an accident. I inherited the old gun they found in my house from my father. Go and check it very well, it is an old useless gun."

In a rare display of 'honesty,' he said that he stole the S.O. Alli and Co. stamp and letterhead when he had an opportunity of being at the law firm when they were relocating to another office.

His countenance dropped and he almost ended the interview when asked whether he was still a pastor, to which he declared "I will not answer that question."

Asked why he could not venture into any neat business with N350,000 as far back as 1987, he said his ambition was to live big and do well with his family. Now he said he had put his wife and two kids in a quandary.

Querying the rationale behind his arrest for a deal that was about three-years-old, he said he had already promised to refund the money to Oresanya before he (Oresanya) decided to invite the police. The suspect said that his income from his fish farming business could barely sustain him now, which explains why he told his victim to tarry a while.

If given another opportunity, he said he would turn a new leaf now that he had realised the position of law on his activities.

Hear him, "I feel frustrated with my life because of the serious setback I suffered when I could not travel abroad. I have repented. I regretted my action. I can't do it again. I was a petty trader at a point, but I thought my life will be better. Now, I know better."

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/22/412.html
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by comfort3: 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2009
:-x
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by jamace(m): 7:16am On Feb 24, 2009
Fake certificate holders abound in Nigeria. Most use money to get it. Others use bottompower to get it. Some use their brother, mother, father e.tc to acquire it. Cultists get it based on cult brotherhood or is it esprit de cult?. I heard of guys who sent their gurls to lecturers with the instruction that the gurls should use their arsenals to achieve the objective grin. Many "big men" in Nigeria get thiers by virtue of their wealth and position. Acquisition of paper qualification by all means has become another cankerworm in our present day Nigeria.
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by ayoola22: 7:21am On Feb 24, 2009
The guy is a liar, If he was that sharp he will not pay 350k for those documents in 1987.

Its like claiming he will pay 2.5 million this year, haba everybody for oluwole go buy private jet,

1 Like

Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 24, 2009
2.5 million ke? talk of 20 million or thereabouts cheesy
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by jamace(m): 8:22am On Feb 25, 2009
Is everything in Naija not fake? Fake certificates, fake leaders, fake pastors/imams, fake religious practices, fake friendship, fake love, fake biz, fake neighbours, fake smiles, fake tears, even fake discussants on Nairaland, in fact, fake things every where. Abeg, I don tire for Naija o angry angry

1 Like

Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by Fhemmmy: 2:00pm On Feb 25, 2009
Since the guy has been arrested, i wonder who will arrest some of the senators that claims to have school in toronto and never did?
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by Saruman: 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2009
grin I repeat that Fake in Nigeria is a "relative" term! cool
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Mar 13, 2009
Yikes!!
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 14, 2009
A frend of me actualy told me he got his visa with a fake Ordinary National Diploma (OND) Certificate, is this realy possible?!? I find it hard to believe, dont embassies scrutinice such docs? ?
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by Becomrrich: 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2009
you people self, you have to know that the man odili is also 410, all he want is for you to visit his website. he made up the whole story. the story is a lie. You can not buy a fake university for N350,000 ,   even in nigeria. it is 410. i stop visiting is website, when i discovered most of his story were made up.

And most of the university abroad varify your degree. Many years ago, i took my degree to a canadian university and it too them several weeks to verify , nearly 2 month because my university did not reply quickly, but they did at last. they verify this thing. so how can you use a fake certificate from nigeria. this person is a lier. odili and his many story.

And most nigeria degrees are excepted abroad. but people lie to you when you get abroad. they even told be if i evaluated my degree, they would tell me it was below . that not true. when i did it. make una stop believe lies. it was even above what they have. In north america engineering degree takes just 4 years. when you compare to 5 years in nigeria. even some of the courses they take over here during the masters degree , if you check thier website. you would discovery. you took them in undergraduate level. Do a google search for any USA university and go thru thier system.

most of this lies come from 419 like Odili. and they start filling people mind with wrong information.
Even you find some of this nigerian  if they are fighting with other nigerian going to call thier employer and given them false information abroad. nigerian run away from other nigerian abroad. because some of them are so evil.

Even i would tell you this , that nigerian understand and speak the queen english better than people in north america. they do not speak the queen english in north america. They call a toilet,  they call it washroom or restroom.  the correct queen english word is toilet. and many more.   that why i post article written by nigerian on this http://.com  so that the lies would stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by sweetpain: 2:18pm On Mar 14, 2009
@becomrich,
The story may be fake but the man in the picture looks very real to me.Infact he looks more real than becomrich.
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by jamace(m): 3:13am On Mar 15, 2009
@becomrich,
The story may be fake but the man in the picture looks very real to me.Infact he looks more real than becomrich.

Hmm. Somebody is inviting trouble. My guy Becomerich might do it in style by showing the satelite image of your village, with emphasis on the existing footpaths. grin
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by osisi2(f): 3:19am On Mar 15, 2009
lol
infact he'll put an arrow on his grandfathers hut
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by Afam4eva(m): 3:31am On Mar 15, 2009
brein:

A frend of me actualy told me he got his visa with a fake Ordinary National Diploma (OND) Certificate, is this realy possible?!? I find it hard to believe, dont embassies scrutinice such docs? ?

It's very possible.I know of a guy that does visa for people in the name of oing to a seminary, all he needs to get from the person is an OND or above, if you don't have one then he forges it for you.
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by jamace(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2009
lol
infact he'll put an arrow on his grandfathers hut

LOL.
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 15, 2009
Meen, evrythng is dead possible in 9ja o! What if d embassy decides to trace for authentication? Even after real signatories of Registrar and co. are on d cert. !
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by Jakumo(m): 10:23am On Mar 15, 2009
Having at various times personally reviewed the written employment applications of[b] several hundred [/b] Nigerians who all claimed to hold university degrees, I was not very surprised to discover that only about 20 ( twenty ) individuals, from that mega-herd of job applicants, were able to communicate in the English language with a proficiency that was even remotely consistent with their claimed qualifications.

The rest of those job seekers clearly could not construct a legible sentence to save their lives, and at least half of their total number were in fact functional illiterates whose butchery of the English language would earn an immediate failing grade in any primary school class level, talk less of university educational standards.

Simply put, Nigerian university degrees are available for fast-track purchase by anyone capable of coming up with the cash price of those worthless diplomas, regardless of whether or not that person has ever cracked a textbook in their entire existence.   The whole world knows that Nigerian college degrees are worth less than the paper they are printed on, and stories abound of Nigerian-educated PHDs and MDs who wind up driving cabs in the West, because they simply cannot not find any employers willing to take their credentials seriously enough to even bother evaluating their job applications.

The fake lawyer described in the above story is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg, and that gentleman's lucrative career of self-deceit only hints at the pervasive rot that has hollowed out the Nigerian education system to leave an empty facade rapidly crumbling to dust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by PhysicsQED(m): 6:31am On Aug 11, 2010
Could somebody please explain to me what the purpose of that ridiculous blonde wig is and why he's wearing it? Do lawyers in Nigeria still wear that crap?
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by philip0906(m): 8:26am On Aug 11, 2010
^^
I thought yorubas are all literates and don't need 2 go thru all these. . . undecided
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by phantom(m): 8:32am On Aug 11, 2010
o geez,here we go again.
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by dustydee: 8:53am On Aug 11, 2010
philip0906:

^^
I thought yorubas are all literates and don't need 2 go thru all these. . . undecided
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by philip0906(m): 8:57am On Aug 11, 2010
^^
y huh? undecided I thought its only d "illitrate igbos"(never seen one though) dat do all these?if he were igbo,d thread would have clocked nothing less than 8 pages undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by seanet02: 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2010
philip0906:

^^
y huh? undecided I thought its only d "illitrate igbos"(never seen one though) dat do all these?if he were igbo,d thread would have clocked nothing less than 8 pages undecided
just see the attached picture and see who is worst between a Yoruba fake graduate and an ibo ritualist

Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by ZnO: 3:52am On Jun 27, 2011
Oh Men!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by iragbijile: 3:56am On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

Oh Men!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Interesting!
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by mensdept: 4:12am On Jun 27, 2011
What a country
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by ZnO: 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
HM!!!
Re: I Got My Fake Ife, Ui, Nysc Certificates For N350,000 by Jones4190(m): 8:16am On Oct 06, 2022
Afam4eva:

It's very possible.I know of a guy that does visa for people in the name of oing to a seminary, all he needs to get from the person is an OND or above, if you don't have one then he forges it for you.
link him to us,

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Granny Business Woman (pictures) / Man Defiles 9-Year-Old Boy In Benin, Remanded In Prison. Photo / Viral Video Of Yahoo Boy Picked From HK By His Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.