Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? (6356 Views)

13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire / How Many Times Must One Play 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? / 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by aieromon(m): 8:23pm On Feb 23, 2009
check this out!

Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by aieromon(m): 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2009
'Millionaire' Contestant Makes Worst Use Of Lifelines Ever

NEW YORK - Idaho  resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation to her friends and family Tuesday when she set a new standard for stupidity with her appearance on the popular  TV show, 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. '

It seems that Evans, a  32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on the first question, and  proceeded to make what fans of the show are dubbing 'the absolute worst use of  lifelines ever.'
After being introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira,  Evans assured her that she was ready to play, whereupon she was posed with an  extremely easy $100 question. The question was: 'Which of the following is the largest?'

A) A Peanut
B) An Elephant
C) The Moon
D) Hey, who  you calling large?

Immediately Mrs. Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as she realized that this was a question to which she did not  readily know the answer.
'Hmm, oh boy, that's a toughie,' said Evans, as Vieira did her level best to hide her disbelief and disgust. 'I mean, I'm sure  I've heard of some of these things before, but I have no idea how large they would be.'
Evans made the decision to use the first of her three lifelines, the 50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her to decide which was  bigger, an elephant or the moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy question, Evans still remained unsure.
'Oh! It removed the two I was leaning towards!' exclaimed Evans. 'Darn. I think I better phone a friend.'
Using the second of her two lifelines on the first question, Mrs.  Evans asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who is an office  assistant.
'Hi Betsy! How are you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!' said Evans,  wasting the first seven seconds of her call. 'Ok, I got an important question.  Which of the following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C, the moon. 15  seconds hun.'
Betsy quickly replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans  proceeded to argue with her friend for the remaining ten seconds.
'Come on Betsy, are you sure?' said Evans. 'How sure are you? Duh, that can't be  it.'
To everyone's astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.'
'I just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the audience,'  said Evans.
Asked to vote on the correct answer, the audience returned 98%  in favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up all her lifelines, Evans then  made the dumbest choice of her life.
'Wow, seems like everybody is against what I'm thinking,' said the too-stupid-to- live Evans. 'But you know, sometimes you just got to go with your gut. So, let's see. For which is larger, an elephant or the moon, I'm going to have to go with B, an elephant.  Final answer.'
Evans sat before the dumbfounded audience, the only one  waiting with bated breath, and was told that she was wrong, and that the  answer was in fact, C, 'The Moon.'

Caution, they walk among us!

Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by Finally: 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2009
LOL!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by aieromon(m): 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2009
you think that was dumb,check out this second "hot seater"

Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by Raymond88(m): 10:33pm On Feb 23, 2009
Photoshop strikes again.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2009
Una go kill me with laughter, i'm laughing my way to millions
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by Afam4eva(m): 6:28pm On Feb 26, 2009
People can't get dumber than this, it's hilarious.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by aieromon(m): 9:30am On Feb 27, 2009
@afam4eva

at least we now know that there are dumb people everywhere wink
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Feb 27, 2009
aieromon:

@afam4eva

at least we now know that there are dumb people everywhere wink

Abi
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by Treetop20(m): 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2009
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by Afam4eva(m): 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2009
Later, one white guy will say that the IQ of Nigerians is very low.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by aieromon(m): 8:18pm On Feb 27, 2009
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0hTmj3f4Zo&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]

check out this dummie cool
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2009
It goes to show what we know all along, that the average woman is more interested in mundane and not so serious issues tongue

Have to rush out of here before they descend on me. tongue
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by JJYOU: 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2009
afam4eva:

Later, one white guy will say that the IQ of Nigerians is very low.
they wont say so. it is what we have to show productivity for the IQ they mostly querry. you cant blame them for that
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by luckiest: 11:47am On Mar 15, 2009
tell the Americans that people from this part of the world can't be foolish to believe that crap; FAITH EVANS there is no way that wasn't for the paper guys; one day they will come up with a question asking a man or a star if his mother is a man or woman. If the question for George W. Bush was a question how come George was part of the question yet the lady could not tell; even know the show for what it is she must have defeated some other people to get to the hot seat, so save me that rubbish
Re: Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? by sweetpie23: 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2010
Who Wants To Be A Dumb Millionaire? grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Oscar Awards Nominees 2012: Check Full-list / What Anime Are You Watching Now? / PARENTS! Pls Block CARTOON NETWORK (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.