Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,767 members, 7,862,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Wealth On The Altar,penury On The Pews. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wealth On The Altar,penury On The Pews. (355 Views)

'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor / Cutlass-wielding Pastor Spotted Praying On The Altar For His Church Members. PIC / Chris Oyakhilome's Mother And Benny Hinn On The Altar (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wealth On The Altar,penury On The Pews. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 17, 2015
Hello beautiful people

So we were heading to work this cold morning when dad pointed from the car at a gigantic structure very close to the road and said;"that's a new branch of Anglican Church,see how big it is and it's not even the cathedral "...just barely a stone throw away is a branch of the popular winners chapel which is bordered by a catholic church,a redeem church and a host of other yet springing churches I cared less to know their name.

What got me thinking isn't how these churches cluster along the road or face their loud speakers to each other's direction nor how they scramble for followers or conduct numerous deliverance services even during working hours but must importantly how they build gigantic structures from the little patched pockets of their followers.

Many ministers these days are more concerned with how their church will grow,erect big castles in name of churches, drive latest cars not to mention owning private jets while drumming their popular sermons of " givers never lack" and don't forget,their God is not a poor God.

But to what end? what happened to the bible teaching of 'look after your flock'?
They soon become wealthy to the detriment of their followers, not to mention how lucrative the church business has become.
I once attended a church months ago where the pastor proclaimed "if you carry any money back to your house,my God will make you poor before the end of this week"...
Jesu! you needed to have seen how people were running to the altar to drop cedi notes on the pastor's feet,I felt disgusted... does this guy know the plight of ΒΌ of his followers? not to talk of the pitiable state they live in

will y'all forgive me if I say Nigeria, Africa and the world will be a better place if we'd more industries than churches ? I'm sorry but our churches have failed us,our over zealous following of religion has been our bane

Or should I talk of how different churches organise nearly a hundred different harvest programs within a year just to siphon every little kobo from their followers?

My people,to what end?
Is this how gullible we are that we fall for every trick?

So you'll attend all the harvests and give all your earnings then end up living from finger to mouth till a make believe miracle happen?

so you'll risk your job and go for every deliverance service even on working hours...na how many times you go deliver?

So you'll still go to that church after they tossed you like a coin the moment they knew you'd nothing to offer?

I'm not telling you to quit your church...nay! but don't follow God blindly,shine your eyes.

i've not said you shouldn't go for deliverances nor give to your church either but if we must do things, I believe we should do them right.

our men of God,can you guys please take time out of your harvests of bountiful success to learn of your followers' welfares...I guess I may be asking too much.

To all and sundry;

Be wise as our father in heaven is wise and remember give to ceaser....

have a nice day smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

AUDIO: Ramadan Kareem Message For Your Muslim Friends / Mine Contribution To Gay Life, What Is Yours? / World's No.1 Lost Love Spells Caster +27739361599

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.