Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor (44220 Views)

Lady Pushed Priest Marcelo Rossi From The Altar While Preaching In Brazil / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Who Built Attacked Ozubulu Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by ebusfav: 6:35am On Aug 07, 2017
Mr. Ohamadike Stephen, one of the survivors of Ozubulu Church attack carried out at St. Philips Catholic Church, Ozubulu in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra on Sunday morning, has narrated the horror they went through as gunmen stormed the church, even though he refused taking photos.

Ohamadike, who spoke with a Daily Sun correspondent said;

"We were in the church and I was to handle the second reading. As the first reading was still on, I heard a sound like a thunder. I dived under a long form in the church auditorium and from there raised up my head a bit and saw a young man with a fez cap shooting and people ran in all directions for safety in confusion.

"I remained where I was and that was around 5:45am. The Parish Priest removed his cassock and hid at the altar while the gunmen continued in the shooting spree."

“When they had left, I helped in evacuating the wounded and casualties to the NAUTH, Nnewi,” he said.

http://www.lailasblog.com/parish-priest-removed-cassock-hid-altar-gunmen-continued-shooting-survivor-ozubulu-church-massacre/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by chukkystar(m): 6:36am On Aug 07, 2017
Make em no hide? Em body na Iron??

206 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by TreasuredLeidy(f): 6:44am On Aug 07, 2017
So? Who wan die?

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by StRichard(m): 7:09am On Aug 07, 2017
Lol...but that's the best thing to do at that particular time.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 07, 2017
Self preservation is a natural instinct you know.
A line from Tu Baba's song just came to mind
"no body wan die but they wan go heaven"
It's well.
I wish all the injured speedy recovery.

75 Likes

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by seniorgozman(m): 7:21am On Aug 07, 2017
Nawa oo
Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by emmykey0128(m): 7:31am On Aug 07, 2017
Nobody won die but we won go heaven

10 Likes

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by otokx(m): 10:31am On Aug 07, 2017
Nigerians and action movie.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Igboesika: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2017
Everything na news.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2017
I remember when chest beaters were singing the praise of the man responsible for this attack to high heavens in Nov 2016 here on Nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/3490456/aloysius-nnamdi-ikegwuonu-bishop-building/1#51471600

I remember how a few of us warned the source of funds could be drug money. I understand he built the church and donated it to the Diocese. Lessons should be learnt from this.

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by victor44843(m): 10:37am On Aug 07, 2017
:/

2 Likes

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by MysteriousAnn(f): 10:37am On Aug 07, 2017
i know i shouldn't find this funny, but this is hilarious! Even men of God don't want to join God in heaven? cheesy

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by TINALETC3(f): 10:37am On Aug 07, 2017
grin b4 nko, who won die grin

1 Like

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Neddstark: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2017
See what drug trafficking has caused to a quiet Igbo community. They killed themselves in South Africa and took the killings to the Church in order to send a message to the rival's family. Intellectuals from the East need to stand up against this Drug Trafficking thing among Eastern youths. Drug Trafficking destabilizes anywhere it is run. They should look at cities in Mexico, Columbia and El Salvado before it gets worse than it is.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:37am On Aug 07, 2017
TreasuredLeidy:
So? Who wan die?
And they go dey preach about the joy and mansion in heaven, telling stories of martyrs and saint.

Yet they no wan go occupy their mansions and see their saints

RELIGION SHA!! Un-Understandable

9 Likes

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by seunny4lif(m): 10:37am On Aug 07, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Parish Priest hide? What happened to Shepard to give up his life to saved his sheep
Pastors will be telling their members not to fear death because God will always protect them.
Some are even selling sinker to their members and tell them the sinkers will protect them while the Pastors walk around with heavy securities.

Religion is a Scam but they will never hear

14 Likes

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by anyebedgreat: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2017
grin grin
Before nko
Everybady wanna go heaven.
Nobady wanna dead.

1 Like

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by zilto: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2017
hmm
Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2017
KingsCFR:
OZUBULU MASSACRE: See Photos And Complete Profile Of "Bishop" Nnamdi Ikegwuonu (the alleged wanted man by the gunmen)... http://www.cfrmagazine.com/2017/08/ozubulu-massacre-who-is-bishop-nnamdi.html?m=
That is a bullshit story. Something happened in the morning and the investigation was completed the same morning by the Nigerian Police and I should buy that?

The fact this bullshit was presented as what happened is a problem.

Who presented evidence? Who did the police interrogate to arrive at that conclusion? What investigation was done? The hastiness of this story will baffle anybody who knows how Nigerian Police operate.

7 Likes

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Miraxzeebility(m): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2017
So u expect him to start casting and binding the bullets abi?

5 Likes

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Ereolamide: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2017
Coward priest, if this happened in Yorubaland for instance, IPOB pigs won't rest.

24 Likes

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by WebSurfer(m): 10:39am On Aug 07, 2017
sad
Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by johncreek: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2017
chukkystar:
Make em no hide? Em body na Iron??
I wonder too o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Henrypraise: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2017
Ereolamide:
Coward priest, if this happened in Yorubaland for instance, IPOB pigs won't rest.

receive sense...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2017
Before I read this piece any further,I'd like to say this: Nobody wants to go to heaven now. Not even a priest.

2 Likes

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Seanpierce: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2017
Survival instinct

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Jskelly11: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2017
grin grin

Father no wan die on the job.
Hahaha
Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by Jskelly11: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2017
grin grin

Father no wan die on the job oo, He tear 4-40 con still pull cloth run hide in quick time.

Hahaha

Twale for that fast Father.

3 Likes

Re: 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor by moscobabs(m): 10:40am On Aug 07, 2017
Lol

And u tel me there is Man of God.

When they cannot die for God....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophet Iginla Weeps Over Nigeria, Prays Against Happenings In May, June, July / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? / Lady Dreamt That Someone Attacked Her Eyes With Needle, Then This Happened. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.