Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker (25189 Views)

Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / FG Creates 193,469 Jobs In Ministry Of Works, Housing / REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Elslim: 11:06am On Jun 17, 2015
ABUJA – DEPUTY Speaker of House of Representatives, Hon. Lasun Yussuf, yesterday said that there will be no amount of pressure that would make him resign his position as the Deputy Speaker.

Fielding question from journalists in Abuja yesterday, on the alleged pressure on him to step down from his position by some All Progressives Congress, APC, Chieftains, following the controversy trailing the election of the presiding officers of the 8th assembly, Hon. Yussuf said his election followed due process, hence, there was no way he would ever contemplate to resign.

Some of the APC Chieftains it was gathered had wanted him to step down for Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, the choice of the party who had lost the Speakership seat to Hon. Dogara for the Deputy position.

Describing the alleged pressure to resign as speculations, he said, “why will I resign, I went through an election.”
He also explained that the speculation that the National Assembly takes a good chunk of the national budget, was unfounded, noting that out of the previous budgetary allocation of N150 billion, only N120 billion was budgeted in the 2015 appropriation.

Besides, he said that from the budget, the aides of the Senators and House of Representatives members, technocrats and their staff as well as the staff of the National Assembly Commission are paid.

He said, “when you talk about salary, it has to be tied to something. Let me tell you this, for the last three years with the exception of 2015, the budget of the national Assembly has been N150 billion and that is exactly 2.67 percent of the total budget of the federation.

“So, I don’t know where people see this to say it is 25 percent of the budget of the National Assembly. The budget of the National Assembly is 2.6 percent of the entire budget of the country and so it is not overblown.

“And people have forgotten too that there are 469 members of the National Assembly with each of the member with five aides that would be paid from the N150 billion.

“We have the National Assembly technocrats and their staffers and the National Assembly commission – all of them earn their salaries and allowances from these N150 billion.

“So, when people talk they always think that it is the House of Representatives members and senators that collect the N150 billion. And again don’t forget that for 2015 budget, the money has been reduced to N120 billion.

“So, when you do the calculation, that is why the Dogara speakership in the last one week has repeatedly said, he is going to do a needs assessment, that he is going to engage development partners to actually sit down and see what it takes for the national Assembly to be run as an arm of government.

“And you might be surprised that we have reasons for doing that because we can compare with other legislative bodies all over the world but it is not going to come from us, it is going to come from the body that would sit on the issue.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/469-nass-members-have-five-aides-each-deputy-speaker/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter#sthash.ZXoI5Sn8.dpuf
Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Elslim: 11:07am On Jun 17, 2015
i bet the work of d aides is to teach dem how to shout 'neh' and 'yah'

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Activity77(m): 11:08am On Jun 17, 2015
5 aides For what,
Let's say 2345 aides for 4 jus 469 senators,God is really watching u ppl.pdp n apc continues to share d moni while give us d masses flimsy xcuses

I must go for dis senate position to participate in dis moni sharing.

Everyday we dey here de shout wile de busy sharing d moni,

Me 2 go join NASS mak odas shout 2

18 Likes

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2015
This is serious

- one carrying files
- one carrying mobile phones and tablets
- one arranging pimps for Oga
- one opening door for Oga
- one backup

Nonsense and waste shocked

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by amanze15(m): 11:17am On Jun 17, 2015
too much excesses angry anithin goes in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Darlinhercules(m): 11:18am On Jun 17, 2015
Nawa oo..five aides per head.

1 Like

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by sammyj: 11:46am On Jun 17, 2015
five aides to embezzle and sign more than 40 laws under 10 mins. This people are as clueless as the clueless one !!! shocked

11 Likes

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 17, 2015
Did PMB approve this rubbish?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by veekid(m): 11:46am On Jun 17, 2015
No worry
Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by aaamos(m): 11:46am On Jun 17, 2015
G
Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by DROGON: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2015
Since the DauraDullard became President.

They've turned the Government to Nollywood.

So so Drama.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2015
Nigeria and its excesses. This is just another ploy to waste money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by AnneMomoh: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2015
aaamos:
G

Grand?
Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by AnneMomoh: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2015
sammyj:

dot?

1 Like

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:48am On Jun 17, 2015
l hope this man is not trying to justify the excess money spent on them

#UndressNASS sad angry angry angry

10 Likes

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2015
This kind of our democracy is way too expensive for a poor nation like ours. We need to tailor our system to meet our needs.

Until we stop copying the US and adopt a system more sensible and designed for ourselves, we shall never grow. We're currently running a bogus and borrowed system.

Our problems aren't difficult to address. We've simply refused to address them. We can't continue to run a system lazily copied and pasted after the US when we aren't as wealthy and industrialised like them. The US tailored their Constitution to meet their uniqueness. We tailored our Constitution to meet the needs of a few people.

If we continue to do the same thing, we shall continue to get the same results. It's that simple.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by daamazing(m): 11:48am On Jun 17, 2015
.Nothing will make u resign as deputy speaker?sMh for dis naija politicians.just bcus of money.meanwhile over 150BILLION just makes up 2.5%of d budget and dey say naija poor.#naija0NEchance

2 Likes

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by AnneMomoh: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2015
daamazing:

dot?
Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Dollyak(f): 11:48am On Jun 17, 2015
2% of the federation budget for 469 members. It must be nice to be among the 0.0001% most powerful people in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by sammyj: 11:49am On Jun 17, 2015
Oh dear why?
AnneMomoh:

dot?
Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by aaamos(m): 11:49am On Jun 17, 2015
AnneMomoh:

Grand?
NO GOAT
Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Gravanno: 11:49am On Jun 17, 2015
DROGON:

So so Drama.

Fool.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 17, 2015
[size=30pt]#BringBackGEJ[/size]

[size=25pt]anybody that quotes me is a ''Dullard''[/size]

[size=15pt]whatever that means[/size] undecided

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2015
DROGON:

So so Drama.
To call the President of Nigeria a dullard means you are an icon of sheer hatred and asininity

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by naijabuoy: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2015
Why do we have both houses? Reps and the Senate? Wasteful and duplication of functions!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by 360ng: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2015
ok
Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by MORNDEW(m): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2015
I swear i would have led the protest here where i am to our State house of Assembly concerning this useless wardrobe or is it agbada allowance but my hands are tied as constitutionally for now am not permited to do that.
Pls som1 help me with Ben bruce twitter handle and facebook name let me make his life hell online.

2 Likes

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by ihatebuhari(f): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2015
Nigeria is a joke.

3 Likes

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by pure2012soul(m): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2015
Keneking:
This is serious

- one carrying files
- one carrying mobile phones and tablets
- one arranging pimps for Oga
- one opening door for Oga
- one backup

Nonsense and waste shocked
What of the ones Nyanshing madam in Oga's absence?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 17, 2015
FowlYansh:
[size=30pt]#BringBackGEJ[/size]

[size=25pt]anybody that quotes me is a ''Dullard''[/size]

[size=15pt]whatever that means[/size] undecided

Wait till 2019.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 469 NASS Members Have Five Aides Each – Deputy Speaker by angieberry(f): 11:52am On Jun 17, 2015
This is absurd!!!
Wasting scarce resources!
Nawa oh! Very annoying!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Pays Condolence Visit To Tinubu / Gani Adams: South-West Ready To Die In Pursuit Of Oduduwa Republic / Governor Kashim Shettima Convoy Attacked In Maiduguri, Many Cars Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.