Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora (2653 Views)

Pls How Do I Correct The Mistake My Bank Made During BVN Registration? / BVN Registration Situation At Gtbank, Minna Today / See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
[size=16pt]I've been thinking lately about the June deadline for bank customers to register for the biometric BVN with their respective banks. If I am right, without the number, customers will have difficulty making transactions. I do not see any wrong with this as it provides some level of security and stability in the sector. My major concern is how do Nigerians abroad register? Do we have to come back home before the deadline just to get our BVN? I'm throwing this open to the house. Has anyone got information regarding this?[/size]
Re: BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora by raayah(f): 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
Exactly my thoughts. Gtbank says we have to come back. I can't come back. The bvn is good thing but they need to consider us outside.
Re: BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora by olamonsor2: 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
Seconded, in fact, after your bvn, you will have to go to your bank and link the BVN with your account. Madness
Re: BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
raayah:
Exactly my thoughts. Gtbank says we have to come back. I can't come back. The bvn is good thing but they need to consider us outside.

It goes a long to show that no one considered Nigerians living abroad when planning the BVN policy. Or do they think we don't use our accounts when we live abroad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora by Vivalavida99(f): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
I have asked similar question in the past, but nobody seems to come with a reasonable answer.

I have accounts with UBA and GTbank, I have written to them, but i didn't receive any answer.

Hopefully they can will consider those living outside Nigeria when it comes to things like this.
Re: BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora by blank(f): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
CBN said that BVN registration for Nigerians in diaspora will begin first of next month.

wink
Re: BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
blank:
CBN said that BVN registration for Nigerians in diaspora will begin first of next month.

wink

Could you elaborate on that, please? Any useful link will suffice. Thanks.
Re: BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora by blank(f): 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
Too lazy to do a proper search. Heard it on the radio during morning news. Not sure of the modalities.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/bvn-cbn-begins-diaspora-enrolment-month-end/
Re: BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 18, 2015
blank:
Too lazy to do a proper search. Heard it on the radio during morning news. Not sure of the modalities.
http://newtelegraphonline.com/bvn-cbn-begins-diaspora-enrolment-month-end/

Thanks. I'll be on the lookout though I'm not in any of the countries listed in the article.
Re: BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora by lexy2014: 7:22am On Jun 18, 2015
Vivalavida99:
I have asked similar question in the past, but nobody seems to come with a reasonable answer.

I have accounts with UBA and GTbank, I have written to them, but i didn't receive any answer.

Hopefully they can will consider those living outside Nigeria when it comes to things like this.
they aren't considering u guys living abroad. As long u have an account with any nigerian bank, its either u have a bvn or u loose access 2 your account. It shows how shallow these cbn people and bank MDs are. Its as if they think with their asses. Do they xpect someone abroad 2 come 2 nigeria just cos of bvn? Are they going 2 pay 4 their ticket? They are so dull. That's y your banks can't even profer a solution. They simply didn't make provision 4 folks abroad. Its just plain stupid

(1) (Reply)

2 Year Old Nigerian Boy Left Starving And Wandering Saved By Danish Lady / Photos: Lady Exposing Her Nipp*le At Shoprite (delta Mall) In Warri / I Think Joy Eluwa Knew About The Murder Of The Jumia Delivery Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.