Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number (10827 Views)

Can You Spot The Mother In These Pics? No Way! You Can’t! (photos) / OMG! You Can’t Imagine That This 11-year-old Girl Is Pregnant (photo) / Scam Alert: Do Not Send Your Bvn Number To Any Short Code Via Sms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) had given June 2015 as the deadline for the collection of the centralized biometric identification system for the banking industry tagged Bank Verification Number (BVN).
As from June, the banks will not have sensitive information about any of its customers who failed to obtain a BVN and as such may be deprived of access to their accounts. Why you should get your Bank Verification Number (BVN)

Meanwhile, these are bank transactions you can't do without BVN:

• Atm card renewal

• Counter withdrawal of cash with temporal withdrawal booklet.

• Loan

• Funds transfer(account to account transfer)

• Cash Deposit(eg. UBA)

• Cash withdrawal

• Western Union and Money gram

Feature of BVN:

• Security – Higher level of security, protects your account from unauthorized access

• Speed – Fast-track services when you transact with your biometrics

• Ease – Easy and acceptable means of identification across all Banks in Nigeria, BVN

Requirements:

Any of the following valid means of identification – International Passport/Drivers’ License/ Voters’ Registration Card/National ID Card
Re: See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by Highestbee(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ok
Re: See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by toyeoye(m): 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
What else does a bank offer asides all these listed ?? Just say you can't do anything without ur BVN
Re: See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
toyeoye:
What else does a bank offer asides all these listed ?? Just say you can't do anything without ur BVN
Lol grin nigerians are stubborn u know. Uu have to push em hard to get things done.
Re: See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by cexplorer(m): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
vimi:

I run two accounts one each with two different banks: Bank Blue and Blank White. I have my BVN from Bank Blue, do I have to do another verification with Bank White?
Re: See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
cexplorer:

I run two accounts one each with two different banks: Bank Blue and Blank White. I have my BVN from Bank Blue, do I have to do another verification with Bank White?
Nope, all uu need do iis link both accounts at bank white. It's called BVN linking. Note that CBN houses all customer BVN data, this means any bank can easily tap data. grin
Re: See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by TunjiMsp: 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2015
cexplorer:

nope, just provide your BVN at bank white and your account will be linked
Re: See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by yomalex(m): 7:36am On Jun 12, 2015
Nice
Re: See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:15am On Jun 12, 2015
Can you use your id printout/ slip, instead of the card itself
Re: See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 12, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Can you use your id printout/ slip, instead of the card itself
Means of ID can be excused buh ur info at the customer service point will have to be verified and signed by the CSO.
Re: See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by whocanbewho(m): 12:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
vimi:

Means of ID can be excused buh ur info at the customer service point will have to be verified and signed by the CSO.
if I have I cash in my account, can I atleast withdrawal with my ATM without the BVN number.
Re: See Bank Transactions You Can’t Complete Without Bvn Number by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
whocanbewho:
if I have I cash in my account, can I atleast withdrawal with my ATM without the BVN number.
Yes for now, but will later be blocked.. that's much later tho cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Have You Achieved Your goals for 2018 ? / What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? / Mermaid Found Alive By Beach Side In Lagos(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.