Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic (35329 Views)

Governor Wike Sacks Rivers Commissioners / Wike Sacks Two LG Council Bosses Over Non-participation At Jubillee Anniversary / Wike Sacks Opunabo Inko-Tariah, His Media Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by Donjowebs(m): 10:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
You are just a madman and at the same time a stupid man. If it happens to you or your mad father, how will u feel? If wicked Wike thinks that to cut down cost is his motive of sacking duly employed people, why won't he start by rejecting his salary and allowances accruable to him? Foolish man with foolish sense.
Oga e never reach to hurl insults na, my opinion remains mine and mine alone and if it is not in your favour be matured and polite about it.
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by engineerboat(m): 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
Bright2:
Please people should try to read & understand articles before commenting.

the op posted clearly that this people have not started work yet & to start with, there's no job for them yet created in that institution.

I know that institution very well, honestly that 344 staffs add on the existing workers will be much compare to the school man power.

Those who knows Amaechi should blame him for this,it's too bad of him.

This is what is called NAIRALAND KIDS & JUNKS JOURNALISM, i fear for this country, people are too rush to just comments without reading through the contents of what the OP writes.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by ocelot2006(m): 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
As painful as this may be, this is indeed a very wise decision as it will go a long way in prunning the state govt's overhead/recurrent costs. Well done Wike
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by fx45(m): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Wike the wicked governor. keep sacking people who voted massively for you because of your grudge with Amaechi.

your days are numbered as governor of Rivers State.
I thought you said nobody voted for him.... That the election was massively rigged. Why are you speaking from both sides of your mouth?
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by ocelot2006(m): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Wike the wicked governor. keep sacking people who voted massively for you because of your grudge with Amaechi.

your days are numbered as governor of Rivers State.

So you'll prefer he keeps these people despite the govt's soaring recurrent expenditure and the fact that the state is BROKE, no thanks to Amaechi? undecided
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by ocelot2006(m): 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
Speakdatruth:
this is a sign of insanity. wtf is wrong wit dis man?

That is a sign of a govt trying to get things right for the sake of the state.
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by brirold(m): 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
Oga Wike, u don start..

Transfer files/music/video between your Smartphone, Computer and Tablet with ease (Plug and play, no cables required).

8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB OTG Flash Drives are available at a very reduced price.

8GB --- #2,700
16GB --- #3,400
32GB --- #4,500
64GB --- #6,500

We accept pay on delivery to any location in Nigeria.

Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by Starships4u(m): 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
doctokwus:
Rivers people never see shumthing!
By the time Wike finish with Rivers state, they would be crying to rather have a Theodore Orji govern the state.
This is still early morning.
my brother any state that says the need a person in form of Thief A Orji, that state must be dissolved
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by PecE2Make: 11:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
[b][/b]Wike means child of power/ authority. All these happenings is the fault of the ex governor.
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by irishMO123(m): 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
marked10:

http://www.naij.com/463990-governor-wike-layoffs-344-staff-of-state-polytechnic.html
choiiii this wike wicked ooooo ...his bad belle with ameachi just cost 344 Nigerians their jobs on a go......Mehn dis is not cool

Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by wallex1983(m): 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
Riverine Area Brethren!

How market?
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by dustmalik: 1:14am On Jun 18, 2015
JonCina:
To everyone ranting about this issue, let me say few things as one who is concerned.

This recruitment started in 2013 with a widely publicized advert for academic & Non-academic Staff. It was to be a massive one based on the advert.

After that, interview was conducted in the 2nd half of 2014 and the offer was given in April 2015. I may not know the remote or immediate cause of his action but coming up to spew trash about a recruitment that has lasted about 2years may not be wise.

I was one of the Academic Staff employed and I had already told my employer I would resign my appointment and was to hand in my resignation letter in May but something just held me back from resigning my current job.

Everything has been sealed: offer has been made, acceptance sent, biometrics done, Identity Cards collected and Salary account opening commenced. I had even met my H. O. D and together with new guys in the department awaiting instructions of what to do.

I think with this background information, a number of us who want to be objective can comment now.
Thanks for sharing, and I wish you all the best. Unfortunately, the TANoids on here are too childish, and don't care about what happens to those that were sacked. Those are 3 hundred people out of job, and from what we hear, there are still more to go. It's saddening, to say the least.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by chrisxxx(m): 6:42am On Jun 18, 2015
onyiloyi:
I hope if PMB sack all d pple GEJ gave jobs n say they illegally got it u'll nt complain of witch hunt, SMH for Wike, I pity Rivers pple dat voted a tout as Gov n militants as House of assembly members
Try to understand the difference. GEJ never employed new people he only replaced the workforce and wage bill remains the same but with new hands. Amaechi compounded wage burden by adding more workforce when they are not required. Imagine where almost 500 workers were employed at a go! Is the school a new one or an existing one? Please let us reason and put politics aside
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by Charly68: 7:51am On Jun 18, 2015
They said this man is wicked & he is living up to his name..he should ask himself if he was elected to inflict injury into the life of others. So those who have gone to appreciate God for their new jobs should cry back to Him that Wike has dashed their hope .By this action alone the man can not survive his tenure ..God will remove him before the time..he that makes others to weep must surely weep.
Never use your position to destroy the joy of others.. Is he claiming that the 344 staff are family members of Ameachi. ? His conducts so far is simply immature ..I don't see the man doing something worthwhile for Rivers.
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 9:09am On Jun 18, 2015
Do not vote for pdp, you people failed to listen. you go hear am. Wike is ready to employ people in a legal way. grin
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by omaji53jeremiah: 10:11am On Jun 18, 2015
bad news not good for the system
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by lilcashking(m): 10:47am On Jun 18, 2015
HzRF:

So if dey illegally got the job
Itz bad for him to reverse the appointment
who tell u dey illegally get the job
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by BOFX: 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
What would the saTANoids say if Buhari sacks the people that Jonathan's government hurridly employed in the NIS and FAAN towards the end of his tenure? Wike should thread with care.

Why would they be sacked? Are they not Nigerians like wike with perhaps better qualifications than him?
Some in NIS and FAAN are masters holder, erudite, pundits,etc.

I think the government should focus on more important things instead of depriving "common men" their deserved source of livelihoods.
You can imagine if Buhari decides to dismiss all those employed under GEJ administration. It definitely won't make sense!
Many Nigerian are kept in suspense that is uncalled for in the faan recruitment process that was closely monitored by FCC. Whoever is in charge should do his job so that they will call them for training/resumption.
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by nattyhero(m): 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
cramjones:
What a shame! No wonder Africans will continue to remain backward. How can you come in and sack people just like that? Just imagine we have a new Maryland governor and then he sacks everyone in University of Maryland because he did not like the former governor.

I fear, we may remain so backward compared to the rest of the world even in the next 50 years. We have a bunch of clueless, dumb, wicked, insensitive, idiotic, corrupt and foolish stinky leaders.

What a shame!

-CramJones

I am not in.support of ppl been sacked but I guess you didnt read the post well. if the system that brought them.in was flawed should they be allowed to stay? it was clearly stated they havent resumed work. We shouldn't be biased when analysing issues.
what is right is right and whats wrong is wrong
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by opuama(f): 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
The truth is this action is politically motivated cos the job recruitment followed due process of which the job was advertised in tide newspaper of Sept 9 2013 and tests and interviews consequently conducted.
What other process does WIKE require?
When two elephants fights the grass suffers. The 344 are the victims of the Amaechi and Wike's fight.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by Rotimi47: 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wike keep sacking them as I pray that all those who are praising you now will be able to do so in 12 months time. smh
Re: Rivers State Governor Wike Sacks 344 Staff Of State Polytechnic by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
But then, I never liked this wike guy, albeit him doing many things the wrong way. He should know that what goes around surely comes around. Nature has a way of balancing things, and how powerful anyone thinks he/she is doesn't count.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? / Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision / Fani Kayode Replies Dino For Mocking Tinubu Promises "Fire For Fire" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.