Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. (6073 Views)

Somethings That Are Gradually Fading Away From Our Homes / Marriage? Nigerian Guys In Europe Are Shying Away From Nigerian Girls / Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 03, 2009
MaryJane~:

@ Heat Fusion,

Thanks for responding, you really are a very understanding girl, it's good to know I'm not the only girl that has gone through this mess with Nigerian parents. Hey Sorry I've not been online for a while now, that's why I have not answered your question dear. While I'm 18 years too old grin and you wanted to know what sport I'm into. While I love track and filed, and I participate in a few events but my passion is lacrosse. I've always been in a term since middle school, it's not a very popular sport I know but I love it.
LOL, My pleasure girl. I know how impossible our Naija parents can be when it comes to being americanized and boys and what not. cheesy

Babe, plz, don't run away. That's the worst thing you can possibly do.

So what's the status of communication between you and you dad right now? Working it out?

You're a senior, you're almost out and will get a scholarship. Worry abt applying for college smiley The best part of college is that you get to choose the distance wink tongue
However, just because you're out does not mean to hang out with riffraff and behave out of conduct.

B.T.W, I was in track N Field in middle school and was in band too. I regretted quitting both when I got tohigh school. Messed me up! Could ave gotten more scholarship embarassed angry
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. by MaryJane5(f): 1:02am On Mar 03, 2009
Funny cheesy my dad and I are pretty cool at the moment, girl you know how the are, just ask them for a little money and the bring up the past like it was just yesterday. No Matter what though I love my old man, I just wish and I can send him to some kind of school around here to learn how to let got of the 19th century grin My dad is just the most OLD FASHIOEND person I know. But hey we love him embarassed

And I start college in the fall I can't wait, I'll be going to a school out here in South Cali sorry I can't give out info It's about 75 miles from the house and I'll be living with my cousin she's much older and has her own apartment and guess what the old man trusts her with me so I get to leave the house finally grin

I love band too but my mom would never let me go to band camp so the kicked me off cry
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 03, 2009
MaryJane~:

Funny cheesy my dad and I are pretty cool at the moment, girl you know how the are, just ask them for a little money and the bring up the past like it was just yesterday. No Matter what though I love my old man, I just wish and I can send him to some kind of school around here to learn how to let got of the 19th century grin My dad is just the most OLD FASHIOEND person I know. But hey we love him embarassed

And I start college in the fall I can't wait, I'll be going to a school out here in South Cali sorry I can't give out information It's about 75 miles from the house and I'll be living with my cousin she's much older and has her own apartment and guess what the old man trusts her with me so I get to leave the house finally grin

I love band too but my mom would never let me go to band camp so the kicked me off cry
Am happy for you, for real. So tell me, you won't run away o tongue
You were just exaggerating right? smiley

School for 19th cent? lmao, Eddie Griffin needs it more. Seems like the guy is stuck in the 70s undecided grin

You live with your cousin jare. That's much better and it saves you loads of money. That's what I did. Junior year [Come summer] am moving on campus. Seems better undecided Don't listen to those BS about living on campus during freshmen year being the best choice, no it ain't. They want money! cheesy cheesy

You see, you get to leave finally. But am telling you, no partying o. Or else am reporting you to your dad wink wink

Just take care of yourself and make the right choice wink
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. by MaryJane5(f): 1:27am On Mar 03, 2009
Girl you know how it is when you get so freaking mad at the old folks, shoot my ass can't get a place of my own at the moment and my broke ass boy friend starts school this fall too. All my relative here in Cali are just as backward as my dad. So for right now all I can do is get mad through a fit and sit my ass at home.

I'm really not that crazy about parties but her if I don't go to a few then I've just wasted my youth so "where's the party at" grin tongue
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 03, 2009
Get angry, that's all we can do, baby.
But we still love them, that's all that matters wink

My school is partyville, I tell ya.
Don't know how am going to make it through living on campus. grin grin
Am not a party person but when you see so many fine men in one place, mehn, u just cant resist, right?
lol jk cheesy
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. by harkeju(m): 2:49am On Mar 03, 2009
It is customary 4 black men 2 run away 4rm their problems, but i tell u, no matters where they run 2 another problem awaits. Learn 2 cope, Learn 2 solve.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. by FBS: 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2009
I went back and read all the op posts no where did see mention she wants to hang out with guys all night. Bushman at 18 there is nothing wrong with going out on a date with the opposite sex. GET OUT FROM THAT JUUGLE YOU LIFE IN, TIMES HAVE CHANGED. The poster is on a scholarship to go to college, do you know how many kids out there that don't want to work or go to school.
you are very stupid. She did say she wanted to go out on a saturday night but no where did I mention ALL night. open your eyes.
It's not fair, everytime I get into any kind of argument with my dad now, he threatens to sent me backĀ  to Nigeria to live with my grandma. I can't even go out on a Saturday night with my friends from school without the thousand questions,

So because she is on a scholarship, she should start gyrating up and down? arent there better things to do with your life?
You say Nigeria parents dont understand? what are they supposed to understand? That her father is being protective is by your own words is a lack of understanding?
boy, how old are you?

She will have all the time in her life to go to parties but that does not necessarily mean she should start now. If she so much wants her independence, why is she so afraid to go back to Nigeria. There she will get all the freedom she wants.
Talk of unwanted pregnancies spreading.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. by JustGood(m): 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2009
FBS:

If she so much wants her independence, why is she so afraid to go back to Nigeria. There she will get all the freedom she wants.

This made me laugh grin
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. by benlegacy(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2009
omo u better listen to ur dad he understand life beter than u, its just a mater of time,very soon u be the one complaining of been tired to go out wit friend, Take it easy don't hang urself ooooo,
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home Need Advise. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
FBS:

you are very stupid. She did say she wanted to go out on a saturday night but no where did I mention ALL night. open your eyes.

So because she is on a scholarship, she should start gyrating up and down? arent there better things to do with your life?
You say Nigeria parents dont understand? what are they supposed to understand? That her father is being protective is by your own words is a lack of understanding?
boy, how old are you?

She will have all the time in her life to go to parties but that does not necessarily mean she should start now. If she so much wants her independence, why is she so afraid to go back to Nigeria. There she will get all the freedom she wants.
Talk of unwanted pregnancies spreading.
scholarships gets taken away when one falls short of the scholarship foundation expections. expectations such as GPA, comm. service etc.

So. . . .getting scholarhip actually means working harder to keep it.

Poster was exaggerating, ejo o. Babe isn't running anywhere

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strictly For Those Living In Auchi Edo State / 11 Funny Things About Me... / The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.