Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves (6011 Views)

Blessing Oko Ikpor: Bank Manager Husband In ‘Secret’ Wedding Saga In Rivers / DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / Pastor David Ekwueme Celebrates Wife Who Agreed To Marry Him When He Had Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by genq(m): 11:03am On Aug 31, 2019
Back Story
I became aware of the youtuber Dyna Ekwueme after she made a popular video advising Nigerian youths to stop going abroad for thier studies. Drawn to her enthusiasm and unapologetic way of speaking, I subscribed to her channel.
Recently, Dyna made a video in response to a popular youtuber called Jackie Aina who recently got engaged and then decided to use that opportunity to encourage her single subscribers that "marriage doesn't define a woman". Now her motives may be genuine but the skepticism in me made me believe that she only made that video to hold on to her subscribers (who are mainly young single girls) by appearing to not place much value on marriage.
To cut the long story short, Dyna made a video debunking Jackie's claim and stating with clear logical facts why marriage brings fulfillment to a woman's life. She was met with a lot of hateful, bitter and backhanded comments by mostly single or unhappily married Nigerian women.

My Observations

1. Dyna recieved so much hate because she is a young bride (23 year old), married to a doctor and now expecting their first child - this is something a lot of these post-30 year old hags have not been able to achieve.

2. This young lady now had the guts to flaunt what they wish they have to their faces, expressing how fulfilled she feels by being a wife and mother - so they hate her for it and result to vicious cyber attacks, name calling and lecturing her on how being married with kids is nothing to be proud of grin

3. A lot of these women who insulted Dyna are not single by choice. In fact NO woman is single by choice - Biology has wired them like that. Everything a woman does is so that she can be desired by a man. That's why you see 30 "strong independent women" shaking their assss on a music video of one male artist. They live for male validation. So next time you see a single woman claiming she is happy, just know that she sleeps on a cold bed every night crying and longing for the touch of an Alpha male.

4. It was sad to see that many of the pathetic ladies who insulted Dyna then went on to launch their own YouTube channels just to address Dyna - because clearly, leaving one hateful comment wasnt enough to express the utter bitterness they feel each and every single day knowing that no man wants them. So they console themselves by waving the banner of "marriage doesn't define me".

4. These women cite 'career' as the other alternative to fulfillment when in fact nobody enjoys the 9-5 life.

The Inevitable Aftermath of Feminism
The female empowerment craze is a relatively new phenomenon in Nigeria which is why women here are yet to experience the aftermath of feminism yet. It is your white masters abroad who have begun to reap the repercussions of this toxic movement. White women are now getting into their 30s with high body counts, no man, no kids and a bunch of cats and dogs as pets to fulfil that nurturing instinct that biology causes every woman to have. But hey! They have their 9 - 5 slave jobs to give them fulfillment into their old age! wink

4 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by bukatyne(f): 11:32am On Aug 31, 2019
@genq:

I know you are MTGOW and have stumbled on a number of your comments so I know you express a certain disdain for women.

That said, I agree with your message though not the tone.

I think MOST humans are not independent thinkers so they just like zombies face any direction and hate on people who can think independently. A few smart people realize that and cash out on it.

How can a blogger who just got engaged tell people that marriage is not so important? Why can't she lead by example and reject her man's proposal? If she did not think it important, why did she broadcast it?

Look at Linda Ikeji telling women to be 'strong and celibate' while driving from Ikoyi to Ikate to knack till she fell pregnant.

Look at Beyonce ruling the world and doing strong woman yet JayZ cheated and she took him back.

Cardi B nko?

The only person somewhat serious is Toke Makinwa.

I am not saying women should not assertive, interdependent and not make their marks, I just see that the above women talk with both sides of their mouths. Notice I did not use strong (it alluded that the state of womanhood is weak. I never hear of 'strong men' except demons.

Independence does not exist for a woman in a relationship except if the man is useless.

What of people who advertise products they never use?

Like I say in my threads, everyone is designed for companionship. You cannot be fucking around and claim marriage is not for you. Pick a husband/wife and settle down.

It is only the Mother Theresas that can claim marriage is not for them and be taken seriously.

BTW, anybody who cites career or work as the high point of their lives is on an express route to misery.

Work life is not called soul sucking for fun.

13 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by genq(m): 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2019
bukatyne, yes - we may disagree on some matters and might have bumped heads a couple of times but I do respect your stance on a lot of topics.
..and no, I don't have a disdain for women - I simply stand against what the modern day woman has become.

3 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by sweetmelanin(f): 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2019
I went to look this up on youtube. The comments must have been bad coz she has deactivated the comment section
Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by SKYloafFISH(f): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2019
sweetmelanin:
I went to look this up on youtube. The comments must have been bad coz she has deactivated the comment section
the society is mixed with women who are lucky and women who have been touched by the other side of reality. At the end, we all still catch up with what life has to offer.
You don't make subtle jab at your fellow sisters for what they don't have yet just because you are lucky enough to have. I don't blame her tho. She should have opened the comment section

3 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by baby124: 2:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
Why is she lucky? Cause she’s jobless at 23 and married and pregnant? LOL. Oh she’s a Youtuber! Not everyone dreams of that kind of life at 23. So, don’t put yourself in a place to mock anyone. It depends on your upbringing and financial situation. Not everyone was raised to get married and see marriage as an ultimate goal in life, you know.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2019
baby124:
Why is she lucky? Cause she’s jobless at 23 and married and pregnant? LOL. Oh she’s a Youtuber! Not everyone dreams of that kind of life at 23. So, don’t put yourself in a place to mock anyone. It depends on your upbringing and financial situation. Not everyone was raised to get married and see marriage as an ultimate goal in life, you know.
I thought you were married baby.
Why are you beginning to sound like them 200k a month feminists? undecided
So is getting married to a doctor an easy feat?isn't it commendable?
My sister is a doctor too(very successful one) and I know how much she craves and bows for her man that is a lawyer undecided
Forget all what these Nigerian wannabes say on a daily,marriage is a good thing if you find the right person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by baby124: 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2019
nwanneni:
I thought you were married baby.
Why are you beginning to sound like them 200k a month feminists? undecided
So is getting married to a doctor an easy feat?isn't it commendable?
My sister is a doctor too(very successful one) and I know how much she craves and bows for her man that is a lawyer undecided
Forget all what these Nigerian wannabes say on a daily,marriage is a good thing if you find the right person.
Well, I didn’t marry at 23. I married much later. I didn’t and couldn’t imagine marriage at 23. I was not raised to see myself that way. Neither will I mock anyone unmarried in their 30’s. Everyone with their priorities. You don’t project your values and insecurities on others. We should all maintain our lane abeg. Not everyone will and should get married. So, the constant unsolicited advise from people like this who have barely been married for a year is hilarious. She doesn’t even know if she would still be married or happy in the next 5yrs.

Fact also is being married or in a relationship with a doctor is not glamorous. It’s a boring and lonely life because they are always busy. Then the psychological toll they have to deal with which passes on to their partner is not a joke. I know because I dated one and ran for my life.

Maybe that is why this Dyna is giving unsolicited advise because she’s not a happy person, like she would like others to believe. There are even internet pages on how to cope married to doctors. Lol. Not a happy existence grin. No different from a single parent, so why the boasting. Your sister must worship her husband because she appreciates and knows the sacrifices he has to make being married to her!

What exactly has Dyna achieved for herself to boast about in her own life that is not somehow attached to others Internet and YouTube gives everyone a loud mouth. The audacity of this woman though? LOL. Perpetuating and promoting all the evil women have to face. Why always the jobless ones? Cause they are truly miserable.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 01, 2019
baby124:

Well, I didn’t marry at 23. I married much later. I didn’t and couldn’t imagine marriage at 23. I was not raised to see myself that way. Neither will I mock anyone unmarried in their 30’s. Everyone with their priorities. You don’t project your values and insecurities on others. We should all maintain our lane abeg. Not everyone will and should get married. So, the constant unsolicited advise from people like this who have barely been married for a year is hilarious. She doesn’t even know if she would still be married or happy in the next 5yrs.

Fact also is being married or in a relationship with a doctor is not glamorous. It’s a boring and lonely life because they are always busy. Then the psychological toll they have to deal with which passes on to their partner is not a joke. I know because I dated one and ran for my life.

Maybe that is why this Dyna is giving unsolicited advise because she’s not a happy person, like she would like others to believe. There are even internet pages on how to cope married to doctors. Lol. Not a happy existence grin. No different from a single parent, so why the boasting. Your sister must worship her husband because she appreciates and knows the sacrifices he has to make being married to her!

What exactly has Dyna achieved for herself to boast about in her own life that is not somehow attached to others Internet and YouTube gives everyone a loud mouth. The audacity of this woman though? LOL. Perpetuating and promoting all the evil women have to face. Why always the jobless ones? Cause they are truly miserable.
See why I love you? kiss
Very apt.you just described one frustrated fellow I dated a while back without meeting her at all.
Dishing out advises and standards no one asked for or cared to listen undecided
I believe there are no rules to life,just do you and be happy.
Why did you have to be married though undecided I for just grab you straight cool

2 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by baby124: 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2019
nwanneni:
See why I love you? kiss
Very apt.you just described one frustrated fellow I dated a while back without meeting her at all.
Dishing out advises and standards no one asked for or cared to listen undecided
I believe there are no rules to life,just do you and be happy.
Why did you have to be married though undecided I for just grab you straight cool
People really have a problem with just minding their own business and focusing on their life. If they are busy, happy and satisfied with their life, they wouldn’t have the time to monitor and give unsolicited advise!

8 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2019
baby124:

People really have a problem with just minding their own business and focusing on their life. If they are busy, happy and satisfied with their life, they wouldn’t have the time to monitor and give unsolicited advise!
kiss
Can I buy you champagne someday,baby?
Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by liberalchick(f): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
kiss kiss kiss

baby124:

4 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2019
liberalchick:

kiss kiss kiss

Stop kissing my baby o!you have been warned.
I don't even care whether you are male or female

2 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by baby124: 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2019
nwanneni:
kiss
Can I buy you champagne someday,baby?
Maybe someday. You may not even know that it’s me grin
Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2019
baby124:

Maybe someday. You may not even know that it’s me grin
lol me too,you won't believe this is the guy spewing most of the things I say here.
Out of here I'm a complete gentleman whose got all angles figured,well most angles anyway.
So why won't I believe on your part?
Are you too old,too young,ugly,pretty,smallish or what?
In fact why won't I believe you are baby124?
Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by bukatyne(f): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2019
genq:
bukatyne, yes - we may disagree on some matters and might have bumped heads a couple of times but I do respect your stance on a lot of topics.

Thanks

genq:
..and no, I don't have a disdain for women - I simply stand against what the modern day woman has become.

Then don't throw the baby away with the bath water.

Address specific issues.

Happy Sunday
Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by bukatyne(f): 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
SKYloafFISH:
the society is mixed with women who are lucky and women who have been touched by the other side of reality. At the end, we all still catch up with what life has to offer.
You don't make subtle jab at your fellow sisters for what they don't have yet just because you are lucky enough to have. I don't blame her tho. She should have opened the comment section

I have never heard of this lady till this thread so I can only comment on that particular youtube video.

The Lady was responding to another Youtuber who apparently claims that marriage is not 'important' despite been married at 21, divorcing and announcing her engagement to her long time boyfriend for a second marriage.

That my dear is hypocrisy.

Unfortunately, we just switched sides from career is not important (marriage is all in all) to marriage is not important.

Men know that marriage and career/accomplishing something are both important and chase them accordingly.

1 Like

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by bukatyne(f): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2019
baby124:

Well, people rarely mind their business in this sense.

It just seems they are in our business when we do not agree with their message.

If a Christian starts preaching in a bus, others will join in the chorus. If a Muslim attempts same the next day, the Christian who was responsive the previous day suddenly remembers public disturbance.

2 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by bukatyne(f): 8:47pm On Sep 01, 2019
baby124:

If that is what she wants at this stage, she is lucky.

And pregnancy is 9 months, joblessness can be fixed in a second afterall, she is a graduate.

Funnily, some people dug up a video where she said she wasn't interested in marriage, can't find it.

2 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by doitforyou(f): 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2019
False.

What she said was along the lines of marriage does NOT define a woman. How you made the illogical jump from that to she hates marriage/marriage is not important is baffling. So when people say don't let money change/define you, does that mean they hate money or wealth? Or that money is not important and they would rather remain poor? It is not hypocritical to get married and not let the MRS status define you.

Also, how can you be an independent thinker when you are parroting the same misogynistic view that a women only has value when she is attached to a man? That's not an independent thought, that's the thought of a brainwashed woman.

bukatyne:

I have never heard of this lady till this thread so I can only comment on that particular youtube video.

The Lady was responding to another Youtuber who apparently claims that marriage is not 'important' despite been married at 21, divorcing and announcing her engagement to her long time boyfriend for a second marriage.

That my dear is hypocrisy.

Unfortunately, we just switched sides from career is not important (marriage is all in all) to marriage is not important.

Men know that marriage and career/accomplishing something are both important and chase them accordingly.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by baby124: 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2019
bukatyne:

If that is what she wants at this stage, she is lucky.

And pregnancy is 9 months, joblessness can be fixed in a second afterall, she is a graduate.

Funnily, some people dug up a video where she said she wasn't interested in marriage, can't find it.
Well luck must be subjective because I don’t see this as luck.
Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by genq(m): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2019
baby124:

Now listen to me you spoilt uncouth braat - I did not create this thread for your senseless feminist rants. Who made your miserable self the judge over her life choices? Who appointed you the minister of happiness?

I noticed how you were quick to announce your 'marriage' in a pathetic attempt to add credibility to your long baseless rant. Yet you failed to mention what else you have achieved in your miserable life that makes you superior to Madam Ekwueme.

You women hate each other so much that you cannot disagree without ripping each other to shreds. It's entertaining to watch but very telling of the wicked and bitter nature of the female species.

6 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2019
Single women shudn't be jealous of married women grin. A girlfriend of mine rushed (she told me she edged on the marriage) into marriage in her early 20s, she's divorced nw raising two kids wit the help of her parents, hasn't remarried. Look at Toyin Abraham, thank God her relationship wiv Niyi Johnson ended, see how God blessed her nw. Everything in life is turn by turn. When ur own time comes the ones ahead will envy u grin.
Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
genq:

Now listen to me you spoilt uncouth braat - I did not create this thread for your senseless feminist rants. Who made your miserable self the judge over her life choices? Who appointed you the minister of happiness?

I noticed how you were quick to announce your 'marriage' in a pathetic attempt to add credibility to your long baseless rant. Yet you failed to mention what else you have achieved in your miserable life that makes you superior to Madam Ekwueme.
whoa!!bro that woman doesn't brag at all and I think she is accomplished.
I was the one that brought up her marriage ish,not her.
Go easy on here o,before you blast osibanjo wife someday cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by genq(m): 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
Zielle:
Single women shudn't be jealous of married women grin. A girlfriend of mine rushed (she told me she edged on the marriage) into marriage in her early 20s, she's divorced nw raising two kids wit the help of her parents, hasn't remarried. Look at Toyin Abraham, thank God her relationship wiv Niyi Johnson ended, see how God blessed her nw. Everything in life is turn by turn. When ur own time comes the ones ahead will envy u grin.

My point exactly. See what you did there? You attributed Toyin's new marriage and child as a 'blessing' - not her career cheesy

7 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by baby124: 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2019
nwanneni:
I don’t have time for little boys and girls who can’t put their hands over their ear yet. That nuisance will soon get a ban grin. Quick to mention what marriage?

Dyna is that you? Go and do something useful with your life and stop being a nuisance on Youtube. Shouting like a screeching monkey. With nose like McDonalds sign grin grin grin
Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by genq(m): 10:34pm On Sep 01, 2019
nwanneni:

Well she has no right to measure the happiness of another human being simply based off her youtube videos. Likewise, based on the long stupid statement she made on this post, I could also assume baby124 is a delusional, miserable, ill-mannered, male-dependent 'feminist' with a false sense of self importance. It's only fair.

6 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by baby124: 10:35pm On Sep 01, 2019
genq:

Well she has no right to measure the happiness of another human being simply based off her youtube videos. Likewise, based on the long stupid statement she made on this post, I could also assume baby124 is a delusional, miserable, ill-mannered, male-dependent 'feminist' with a false sense of self importance. It's only fair.
Your ban is coming grin. I like little boys/girls like you. What have you accomplished in life? LOL. I think I hit a nerve on the joblessness part grin

2 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by genq(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
baby124:

I don’t have time for little boys and girls who can’t put their hands over their ear yet. That nuisance will soon get a ban grin. Quick to mention what marriage?

Dyna is that you? Go and do something useful with your life and stop being a nuisance on Youtube. Shouting like a screeching monkey. With nose like McDonalds sign grin grin grin

Lol. There she goes like a little kid - Go ahead and pull the strings of your moderator 'friends' wink

4 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by genq(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
baby124:

Your ban is coming grin. I like little boys/girls like you. What have you accomplished in life? LOL. I think I hit a nerve on the joblessness part grin

Grow the hell up baby!

2 Likes

Re: The Dyna Ekwueme Saga: Women Be Honest With Yourselves by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2019
baby124:

I no know say you dey vex like this o undecided
I guess it's that time of the month?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Tea Nd Bobo Good For My 11 Months Old Baby? / How Do You Address Your Spouse's Elder Brother/sister? / Do A Wife's Earnings Belong To Her Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.