Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire (1203 Views)

Top Breed And Affordable Boerboels Puppies 4 Sale / What Breed And Gender Of Dog Do I Need To Start Dog Business? / Popular Dogs In Nigeria And Their Breed Info (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by pmadise(m): 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
BRIEF BACKGROUND INFO
I acquired my very 1st pet, a male rott puppy, about 2wks ago and he is now 2 months and 1 day old. I'm feeding him with dry/canned foods, Indomie, Golden Morn, egg, dry chicken neck, (vetzyme multivitamin tabs) etc for the feeding and he is responding tremendously coupled with 2nd round of deworming and vaccination I just gave him last week. He has a temporary house at the balcony but free to roam to any part of the compound and inside house...never been chained.

He's fully adapted to life in his new home and his permanent house will be ready this month end. I'm giving you the background info so that you will know how far I'm going to take care of my 1st pet and that the rottie boy is not suffering at all.

HOW YOU CAN HELP
Now, I have made up my mind to add another of his kind sooner than later and I need your candid professional and knowledgeable advice on the best breed and sex to add.

WHAT I THINK
My mind is kind of gazed at a female rott but my 1st and primary objective is to have pet-s whereas security comes second. Breeding and profit making is not part of my agenda hence i don't mind the sex. The other options I'm contemplating are GSD and Caucasian but I'm afraid i dont know much about the latter.
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by chucky234(m): 12:12am On Jun 18, 2015
pmadise:
BRIEF BACKGROUND INFO
I acquired my very 1st pet, a male rott puppy, about 2wks ago and he is now 2 months and 1 day old. I'm feeding him with dry/canned foods, Indomie, Golden Morn, egg, dry chicken neck, (vetzyme multivitamin tabs) etc for the feeding and he is responding tremendously coupled with 2nd round of deworming and vaccination I just gave him last week. He has a temporary house at the balcony but free to roam to any part of the compound and inside house...never been chained.

He's fully adapted to life in his new home and his permanent house will be ready this month end. I'm giving you the background info so that you will know how far I'm going to take care of my 1st pet and that the rottie boy is not suffering at all.

HOW YOU CAN HELP
Now, I have made up my mind to add another of his kind sooner than later and I need your candid professional and knowledgeable advice on the best breed and sex to add.

WHAT I THINK
My mind is kind of gazed at a female rott but my 1st and primary objective is to have pet-s whereas security comes second. Breeding and profit making is not part of my agenda hence i don't mind the sex. The other options I'm contemplating are GSD and Caucasian but I'm afraid i dont know much about the latter.
These GSD pups are up for grab and about same age as your rot pup.
www.nairaland.com/2384359/superb-gsd-pups-sale
Female will be your best bet though.
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by sweetpet(m): 11:40am On Jun 18, 2015
Hmmmmm... Hop is not slipin @ d balcony and u rili lookvafter it @ dat age? .... Variety of breeds are available dpends on ur favryt .. Lhasa, boerboel, rott, samoyed, alsatian... Etc... 08084898984
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by Magpies(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
I'd prefer getting a Gsd puppy. irrespective of the breed or sex you can holla me on 08145796885/whtsapp line
bbm 5589e847
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by Prodeegee(m): 12:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
How large is your family?

How much time do you have for the dogs?

Any kids? Any grown ups?

To really advice, we'll need more information.
My details are on my signature. You can holla.

You might not need another pet soon. Depends.
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by pmadise(m): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
Prodeegee:
How large is your family?

How much time do you have for the dogs?

Any kids? Any grown ups?

To really advice, we'll need more information.
My details are on my signature. You can holla.

You might not need another pet soon. Depends.

Thanks oga Prodeegee. It's a family of five. 3 adults and 2 boys (age 5+ and 3). I get 4 days on the average weekly while my younger brother fill the void when I'm unavailable.

The house is fully fenced with gates always shut meaning guests must be physically accessed inside and no tenant.

@Magpies & Chucky234 & Sweetpet thanks u guys rock. However, won't a gsd and rott be at loggerhead and supremacy tussle over territory and food? I've narrowed my choice but more suggestions are highly welcomed.
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by Prodeegee(m): 5:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
pmadise:

Thanks oga Prodeegee. It's a family of five. 3 adults and 2 boys (age 5+ and 3). I get 4 days on the average weekly while my younger brother fill the void when I'm unavailable.

The house is fully fenced with gates always shut meaning guests must be physically accessed inside and no tenant.

@Magpies & Chucky234 & Sweetpet thanks u guys rock. However, won't a gsd and rott be at loggerhead and supremacy tussle over territory and food? I've narrowed my choice but more suggestions are highly welcomed.

Great!

Then there's enough hands to care for your pet.

You can get a Labrador puppy. I have a friend that has young puppies. Not ready for pickup tho
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by pmadise(m): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
Lebrado is a better choice u think?
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by Prodeegee(m): 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
pmadise:
Lebrado is a better choice u think?

Yes, I strongly do
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by pmadise(m): 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
Prodeegee:

Yes, I strongly do

Bros, I decided to dig more about the lab breed and 2nd to the last paragraph below is a big offside:

"..". The breed originated on the island of Newfoundland, off the northeastern Atlantic coast of Canada. Originally called the St. John's dog, after the capital city of Newfoundland, he was bred to help the local fishermen — hauling nets, fetching ropes, and retrieving fish that had escaped the nets — as well as to be a family dog.

Today, most Labs skip the hard labor and spend their days being pampered and loved by their people. However, some Labs still serve as indispensable working dogs.

The Lab's sweet nature makes him an excellent therapy dog, visiting homes for the elderly and hospitals, and his intelligence makes him an ideal assistance dog for the handicapped. He also excels as a search and rescue dog or as a retriever for hunters, thanks to his athletic build, strong nose, and courageous nature. And Labs have also become the breed to beat at dog sports such as agility and obedience competitions — especially obedience.

There's one dog job that Labs are hopeless at: watchdog. In fact, owners say their sweet, helpful Lab is likely to greet an intruder and happily show him where the goods are stashed.

Labrador Retrievers have proven their usefulness and versatility throughout the breed's history, easily shifting from fisherman's companion, to field retriever, to show dog, to modern working dog. One role has remained constant: wonderful companion and friend."
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by Prodeegee(m): 8:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
pmadise:

Bros, I decided to dig more about the lab breed and 2nd to the last paragraph below is a big offside:

"..". The breed originated on the island of Newfoundland, off the northeastern Atlantic coast of Canada. Originally called the St. John's dog, after the capital city of Newfoundland, he was bred to help the local fishermen — hauling nets, fetching ropes, and retrieving fish that had escaped the nets — as well as to be a family dog.

Today, most Labs skip the hard labor and spend their days being pampered and loved by their people. However, some Labs still serve as indispensable working dogs.

The Lab's sweet nature makes him an excellent therapy dog, visiting homes for the elderly and hospitals, and his intelligence makes him an ideal assistance dog for the handicapped. He also excels as a search and rescue dog or as a retriever for hunters, thanks to his athletic build, strong nose, and courageous nature. And Labs have also become the breed to beat at dog sports such as agility and obedience competitions — especially obedience.

There's one dog job that Labs are hopeless at: watchdog. In fact, owners say their sweet, helpful Lab is likely to greet an intruder and happily show him where the goods are stashed.

Labrador Retrievers have proven their usefulness and versatility throughout the breed's history, easily shifting from fisherman's companion, to field retriever, to show dog, to modern working dog. One role has remained constant: wonderful companion and friend."

Lol...you have a rott already.

You need one badass and one sweet family dog. That's why I recommended the lab.
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by chucky234(m): 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
pmadise:

Get yourself a GSD bro
What do you need lab for, are you a pharmacist?
I giving my GSD out for cheap, delay may be costly oooo
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by megasamuel(m): 12:15am On Jun 19, 2015
chucky234:
Get yourself a GSD bro
What do you need lab for, are you a pharmacist?
I giving my GSD out for cheap, delay may be costly oooo
lol.. Someone should buy this dogs naa
as for the dogs get a Gsd, there is something I call power balance: when one dog isn't dominant. The Gsd would do well with the rot with your help
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by Prodeegee(m): 12:26am On Jun 19, 2015
smiley

I rest my case
Re: Suggestion Needed On The Appropriate 2nd Puppy Breed And Sex To Acquire by chucky234(m): 6:44am On Jun 19, 2015
Prodeegee:
smiley
I rest my case
Keep resting ooo

(1) (Reply)

. / 4+week Fluffy Butter Mix Samoyed Pup / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.