Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings (30628 Views)

Denmark Latest European Country To Ban Islamic Face Veils / German Bans Islamic Religion. / Bomb Blasts At Police Headquarters In Chad Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by walemadu: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2015
this is a country that have leadership

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by imsuboi(m): 9:29am On Jun 18, 2015
haykayferari:
imsuboi,who is the dullard between you and PMB,go get a life and wake up from the fact this man in quote is someones father.

You're very very stvpid.

When APC e-rats were dishing out insults to ex President GEJ, where were you?

Crawl back into that gutter and quote me no more undecided

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by otr1(m): 9:30am On Jun 18, 2015
vedaxcool:

undecided nothing is more disturbing than when someone speak ignorantly with so much certainty. Mary often pictured wearing a hijab or over garment.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veil

Unfortunately many posters here cannot differentiate between Niqab and hijab nor even know what hijab is.
The person you quote is also talking about face veil being used by prostitutes in the Bible. Funny enough, Prostitutes use it in the North too. More disturbing is the fact that female students attending islamic schools in the North are using it. What's stoping BH from using it to blow up people in crowded areas? Nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by tenderminded: 9:32am On Jun 18, 2015
Well, Nigerian governments only implement when it affects them directly,

imsuboi:
And this senile old thing won't ban it here . undecided

Well, I expect nothing less from the dullard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Amee1(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2015
There are difference bw hijab & veil face. hijab is islamic why veil is culture. Nobody has monopoly 2 ban hijab bc it will cause complex problem. Even mary wore hijab.so Xtain take note!
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by chigoizie7(m): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2015
omasiagu:
chad 90% muslim? Please check again. The last time I checked, xtinity was around 36 to 40%.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Chad

What ur point? Yet, they implemented it, same in Nigeria, it rallies around d same figure.

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by tenderminded: 9:34am On Jun 18, 2015
otr1:

The person you quote is also talking about face veil being used by prostitutes in the Bible. Funny enough, Prostitutes use it in the North too. More disturbing is the fact that female students attending islamic schools in the North are using it. What's stoping BH from using it to blow up people in crowded areas? Nothing.

What is it called When it's covering the face completely ...
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Mariojane(f): 9:35am On Jun 18, 2015
Eliza5050:
Ban islam instead.dats the root
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by eaglechild: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2015
donsax:

The Chadian has like 90% muslim population and still implement the law successfully....why can't Nigeria?
Simple, because they are majority no issue of being discriminated against will arise and everyone will accept the law in good faith.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Mariojane(f): 9:37am On Jun 18, 2015
dyabman:

That would be awesome !! cheesy grin
cheesy sorry Mr. you are not getting your wish not in Nigeria anywhere
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by grandstar(m): 9:37am On Jun 18, 2015
fitzmayowa:

As good as this might sound, this might spark another round of killings in the north....

It may not! In areas where suicide bombings are common, let there be a referendum and you'll be surprised at the results r simpy ask Imams t enquire during prayer times from few the worshipers and an overwhelming majority will support it

Full covering is not Islamic. Its actually Arabic cuture. Its Hijab[i][/i] that's compulsory

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by 2kris(m): 9:41am On Jun 18, 2015
Onyejiuwaokoh:
Hijabs were being used by prostitutes in old testament to conceal their identities. It is very unfortunate that those who copy everything seen or written to augment their religion practices but do not know the reasons behind those ideologies. Hihab does not signify women purity but it is just a clear booby trap.
really tell me more
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Ghost01(m): 9:44am On Jun 18, 2015
Way to go!

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by 2kris(m): 9:45am On Jun 18, 2015
donsax:

The Chadian has like 90% muslim population and still implement the law successfully....why can't Nigeria?
uncle u can lie ohhh:.....how chad take get 90%muslima haba ...bro the are nt up to that amount unless niger
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 18, 2015
Insidous:

Hahahacheesy

If I decided to place a curse on you, you wouldn't even have the benefit of at least a successor rather I would grant you immortality in misery, poverty, hunger, ill-health, madness and loneliness.
What can the disciple of lucifer do against the servant of God - the almighty, the most high, the ruler of the universe... Your words have no effect on me, they are like CHAFFS that the wind drives away. For he who is in me is greater than the Islam gods.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by nanya124(m): 9:45am On Jun 18, 2015
With the rate at which their bombings are going,nobody will tell the likes of Nigeria, Niger, and Chad to ban the use of the so called Hijab. Atleast nobody told Chad before if banned the use of a complete covering hijab. Truly, the inventor of that wear had an intention.

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Bonnywest: 9:46am On Jun 18, 2015
Hijab baning is a positive sign, no room for religious sentiment

5 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Mariojane(f): 9:53am On Jun 18, 2015
lekankolade:

I think it's applicable to rev sisters?
like seriously? you are kidding right? cos every human knows Rev.Sisters doesn't cover their faces they only cover their heads

3 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 18, 2015
Onyejiuwaokoh:
Hijabs were being used by prostitutes in old testament to conceal their identities. It is very unfortunate that those who copy everything seen or written to augment their religion practices but do not know the reasons behind those ideologies. Hihab does not signify women purity but it is just a clear booby trap.
lol!you wise oh!I've never thought of that. moreover I see no reason why we have to cover cover everywhere in this temperate region. I mean, private parts and sexual sensitive parts could be veiled but not unnecessary unattractive body parts jor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by GreatEngineer(m): 10:03am On Jun 18, 2015
slimfit1:
Very soon we will shall make sure everyone is on bra and singlet and shorts.

Why are you comparing removing the hijab veil from the covering of face to everyone going on bra and singlet and short?

Don't tell me you are a fanatic.

Do you really like the way people are dying, wouldn't you support anything that will reduce this killing for the mean time?
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 18, 2015
Dnarvaez:

What can the disciple of lucifer do against the servant of God - the almighty, the most high, the ruler of the universe... Your words have no effect on me, they are like CHAFFS that the wind drives away. For he who is in me is greater than the Islam gods.

Eeyah

Really, would you like to give it a try; D
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by jamex089(m): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2015
All I can say is "the bad has spoilt the good"
Pots calling kettles black.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by bayusdipe(m): 10:11am On Jun 18, 2015
nigeria needs to follow this step also

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 18, 2015
Insidous:

Eeyah

Really, would you like to give it a try; D
Ya. Gladly. There's a possibility of your head been severed and your remains fed to vultures.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by MARKone(m): 10:14am On Jun 18, 2015
Insidous:

Don't be scared sad

Tell that to those who have been sent to the great beyond by these Ninjas.

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by HFOG(f): 10:15am On Jun 18, 2015
otr1:

They're not clamouring. As I'm typing this, many girls in Islamic schools in the core North are in class wearing it.
Na so.

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by francizy(m): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2015
Eliza5050:
Ban islam instead.dats the root

grin grin grin

[size=58pt]HaHa!!![/size]

grin grin grin

Before you do that one, you go wait first make I pack my bags run enter Ghana!

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by oluwwasheun(m): 10:20am On Jun 18, 2015
This is a clear violation of women's right. They have the same right that most of you criticizing them enjoy. If this so called Islamic terrorists disguised wearing suits or Agbada, will the govt ban those dressinga? Banning Niqab will in no way stop the terrorism. The government only deny some people their constitutional right.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 18, 2015
donsax:

Nigeria happens to be a special case. Such a terrible one that people here pay with their lives for a cartoon drawn in far away Europe. The way anything Islamic is being upheld in Nigeria, one can't help but feeling there's an islamic agenda at work here.
The more peaceful, tolerable&reasonable yoruba muslims are often regarded not to be TRUE MUSLIMS.
I AM SURE THAT REGARD WILL CHANGE THE MOMENT THEY START ATTACKING CHRISTIANS AND BURNING DOWN CHURCHES IN SOUTH WEST.
To me, the peace loving and civilized yoruba muslims are the TRUE MUSLIMS if Islam must be regarded as a religion and not a cult.
See what Fashola did to prevent Lagos from being an enclave for terrorists. I didn't here of any governors in the north doing half as much yet the moment there's an attack they blame it on the federal government.

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by vedaxcool(m): 10:20am On Jun 18, 2015
bukatyne:

[s]
Jesus was also pictured wearing hijab and long skirts too wink

Should men start wearing hijab and skirts

Learn how to differentiate between culture and religion bros

And again, Christianity has absolutely no bearing with Islam[/s]

I am at a loss at what point you are trying hard to make

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mugabe Refuses To Relinquish Power, Says Until He Dies / Liberia's New President Faints, Rushed Off Podium During Inauguration (Vid) / US, allies ask citizens to leave Ukraine at once, amid a possible Russia attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.