Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N (51518 Views)

Highest Paid Musicians In Nigeria In 2016 - T.I.N Magazine / Ten Most Influential Women In Nigeria 2016 - By T.I.N Magazine / Top Ten Richest People In Nigeria 2015 And Net Worth - T.I.N (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by dyoungkarlmarx(m): 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
chamboy:
Where is that Igbo Prick, Saying they Run the music Industry...

mumuguyman
ewu(goat)!ode!.it's either you are blind or that u live in the most interior village in the South West.without being told,won't you know that we the igbos(wise men)control and dominate both the movie and music industry??.please,go and get that miserable head of yours examined.weere!

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by chamboy(m): 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
dyoungkarlmarx:
ewu(goat)!ode!.it's either you are blind or that u live in the most interior village in the South West.without being told,won't you know that we the igbos(wise men)control and dominate both the movie and music industry??.please,go and get that miserable head of yours examined.weere!
dominator... tell me one song in igbo native language that is known internationally

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Godson201333(m): 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
RedCard1:
The only way Wizkid and Davido influences me is that they make me believe I can make money at my young age. Tiwa Savage can't sing and that is final. D'banj can't sing too and he's no1? If D'banj must make the list then, you have to extend it to 40 and place him at the bottom. 2face is overrated, same with Banky W. Asa should be no1 cos she's the best. Flavour should be placed higher on the list cos the guy can sing.

wow ! You are really Red Card
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by abysirius(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2015
Quite unfortunte that many here on nairaland are shallow thinkers. They're only fast to comment without doing any serious resoning. How can pple be asking why korede bello, kiss daniel, patoranking etc are not on list? Or some claim Flavour should have been ranked number 1... It's so funny. The list is for the most influential singers.. How do you know is influential?
1. Consider when the person has been in the game and what he's been able to achieve

2. Where he has been and who he has met- his contacts/connection

3. How even his collegues see him/her- do they see him like d guy to beat?

4. His popularity... Etc

No be by releasing some hit tracks, no!!! MJ as at the time of his death was one of d most influential musicians in d world. But was he really releasing any hit songs? Same with P diddy. It's more of an image thing. In nigeria, even without TIN assessment, I know d'bnj is no. 1 most influential!

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Ekugbeh(m): 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
RedCard1:
The only way Wizkid and Davido influences me is that they make me believe I can make money at my young age. Tiwa Savage can't sing and that is final. D'banj can't sing too and he's no1? If D'banj must make the list then, you have to extend it to 40 and place him at the bottom. 2face is overrated, same with Banky W. Asa should be no1 cos she's the best. Flavour should be placed higher on the list cos the guy can sing.
they r talking of influence u r talking einging. Just wake up ok
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by omojaytee(m): 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
RedCard1:
2face z ovarated Are u frm dz planet
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by MarkEmmanuel: 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
RedCard1:
Ur mouth no saby talk!
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by bummyla(m): 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
Congratulations To All Of Them!

http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Pecca: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
missKiffy:
I agree with the list but I thought Don jazzy will be there

you cotton on fast. i wonder who else has influenced the industry than JAZZY himself.
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by drimpeccable(m): 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
Asa is arguably Nigeria's biggest musical export of our generation. A worthy successor to Baba Fela and King Sunny Ade in terms of the influence she wields globally.
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by jimmy101231(m): 9:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
Funfreak:

What are you saying

Its so sad many Nigerians don't know the definition of "INFLUENTIAL".

It was also a funny thing to me when Nigerians were complaining about Shekau making TIME's most influential people.
Is shekau not influential enough
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Amazo: 10:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
litetias:

Don't get it twisted. We all know Oliver Twist was an international hit but that's the end of it. Those songs you just play them without caring who the performer is. Just like Gagnam Style some years back but one international hit does not make a bona-fide superstar musician. Ask Psy.

One hit song Top of the World is a-n-o-t-h-e-r world-class hit song of his, go figure.
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by litetias(m): 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
Amazo:

One hit song Top of the World is a-n-o-t-h-e-r world-class hit song of his, go figure.

I seriously doubt that
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Agozie48: 2:04am On Jun 21, 2015
Do you have a story to tell ? Do you have great advice for people? Do you want to be in a place free of criticism and judgement? Do you have any form of fun you want to share ? If the answer to any of these questions are yes . Then you've come to the right place @Elite group of friends where we care about you.. Like our page, contribute and be a part of something unique @
https://m.facebook.com/EliteGroupOfFriends just click on this link and you would never regret it.
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Kylez(m): 3:55am On Jun 21, 2015
myklangelo:
That magazine should sack everybody workng their including the owner... Who s a singer, who is a musician, they should nswer that first. Cn Davido sing?
Can Dbaanj sing? Etc
And how many singers there can compare with voice dexterity of Flavor n Faze?

My 3rd tutorial is out, it is on application of the Igbo vowel harmony. Visit to read.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

the post says Influential not TALENTED....
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Ziggyzito(m): 7:51am On Jun 21, 2015
safarigirl:
which club? How many people dey go club for here? 1 million tops and that's the number you're using to judge influence? Out of 170 Million people na 1 million people be your stats?

So if Olamide enters a club it won't shake? By influence, we mean album sales, we mean hit collaborations. Not 2 kobo club appearances. Even non-musicians shake clubs. If I enter club troway 10 million shey e no go shake?

D'banj has neither had a hit song nor a hit collaboration in Nigeria or any part of Africa since 2011. Going for Ciroc gigs in Mauritius does not make you influential in Nigeria in 2015.
just had to pop up!! WTF. you should quickly skim through your dictionary and find out the meaning of 'influential'. I mean I find it heartbreaking when people say/type stupiiid things like what you've just done. Being influential has absolutely nothing to do with album sales,collaborations.... D'banj has carved a nichè for himself. He has gone places where your legendary 2face would only dream of....politically,musically,fashion wise...I mean he has touched every aspect. D'banj is someone whose Aoura,poise and carriage is envied by a lot. D'banj still remains king when it comes to stage performances in and outside Nigeria. D'banj is the king when it come to the Nigerian music scene. You're entlited to your daft opinions about him,it won't take a strand of hair off his head. Good luck.
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by dammmy(m): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2015
RedCard1:

And 63 people like this thrash u write...... So irrelevant!

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by calcal: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2015
Osupa Saheed.
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Anyman: 11:11am On Jun 21, 2015
safarigirl:
which club? How many people dey go club for here? 1 million tops and that's the number you're using to judge influence? Out of 170 Million people na 1 million people be your stats?

So if Olamide enters a club it won't shake? By influence, we mean album sales, we mean hit collaborations. Not 2 kobo club appearances. Even non-musicians shake clubs. If I enter club troway 10 million shey e no go shake?

D'banj has neither had a hit song nor a hit collaboration in Nigeria or any part of Africa since 2011. Going for Ciroc gigs in Mauritius does not make you influential in Nigeria in 2015.

my brother tell the brainless op - most influential in 2015 dbanj. what has he done lately and worst still in Nigeria. and to think he left don't jazzy out that he and his .Marvin's boys almost dominate Nigeria music

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by unite4real: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hollarsmith:
is Don jazzy a singer? How many personal singles or albums does he have?

I didn't write the article below that even place Don Jazzy as 2nd. Whether you like it or not, he makes lots of money from singing.

http://constative.com/celebrity/top-20-richest-musicians-in-nigeria-and-their-net-worth-2
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by phaulzoe(m): 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
9Ce1 Dbanj..u av inspired me alot abt agriculture
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Codedrock(m): 12:41am On Jul 17, 2015
Olamide
Bobo
Tweet
Kiss Dániel
Laye
Tweet
Olamide
Melo Melo
Tweet
Olamide
Lagos Boys
Tweet
Wiz Khalifa
See You Again (feat. Charlie Puth)
Tweet
Simi
Jamb Question
Tweet
Burna Boy
Soke
Tweet
Reekado Banks
Katapot
Tweet
Omi
Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix Radio Edit)
Tweet
Taylor Swift
Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
Tweet
Janelle Monáe & Jidenna
Yoga
Tweet
DaVido & Meek Mill
Fans Mi (feat. Meek Mill)
Tweet
Ed Sheeran
Thinking Out Loud
Tweet
Wande Coal
Ashimapeyin
Tweet
Ellie Goulding
Love Me Like You Do
Tweet
The Weeknd
Can't Feel My Face
Tweet
Kiss Daniel
Woju (Remix) [feat. DaVido & Tiwa Savage]
Tweet
Lil Kesh
Gbese
Tweet
AdekunleGOLD
Orente

Kaffy Goes Clubbing In Sexy Outfit, Flaunts Her Six Packs (photos) / 'No Snakes' T-shirt: M.I Shades Vector At BBNaija Grand Finale / I’m Falling For Tiwa Savage – Spyro Opens Up