Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,648 members, 7,854,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria (18456 Views)

Bukola Saraki Visits Ede, Condoles With Isiaka Adeleke's Family / Gov. Shettima Turns 2 Driver,Spotted Driving Himself & Friends Around In Borno(p / Crude Oil Drilling In Lake Chad Basin To Start Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria by wahihi(m): 10:24am On Jun 18, 2015
icecalm:
okay but scrutiscrutinize your ideas before retaining them, tho am not insinuating that something is wrong with what you think about the president elect.
ALRIGHT BUT BUHARI SHOULD CALL HIS BOYS TO ORDER AND STOP DECEIVING NIGERIAN'S.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2015
[b]Calls for 'total' Sharia in Nigeria
2001-08-27 21:32

Lagos - A former military ruler of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has called for the introduction of 'total' Islamic law across the country, reports said on Monday.

Buhari, who ruled Nigeria from a coup in December 1983 to his ouster in 1985, told a seminar in Kaduna, northern Nigeria, at the weekend that the strict Islamic law code known as the Sharia should be introduced in full across Nigeria.

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

Northern Nigeria is mainly Muslim but southern Nigeria is mainly Christian and has led criticism of the introduction of Islamic law in a dozen northern states in the past 18 months.

Africa's most populous country has been shaken repeatedly in the past by religious unrest. In February 2000 between 2 000 and 3 000 people were killed by Christian-Muslim riots in Kaduna over the introduction of Sharia.

Call for Sharia across the country

Buhari's comments were interpreted by the southern-based papers as a call for the imposition of Sharia all across the country, even in the mainly Christian south.

"Buhari calls for Sharia in all states," was the headline of the respected newspaper The Guardian.

Buhari's comments were defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.

But the comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith.

This was criticised by the press as a call for voting along religious lines, as well as an attack on the current president, Olusegun Obasanjo, who is a Christian.

Buhari made the latest comments at a seminar organised by the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, a newly set up body attended by northern state governments and Islamic scholars.

"It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear," he said.

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law," he went on. - AFP

- SAPA

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827
Can a leopard change its spots
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2015
danbrowndmf:
You can't even read,i wunt be suprise if someone is actually typing all dis for u.cheesy

BUHARI IS YOUR FATHER's President go and die....cheesy
common dude, you are committing a huge falacy, 'someone typing for me', why attacking the personality, I see... you are really pained. I still can't help but laugh at your statements. 'BUHARI IS YOUR FATHER's President go and die''Who does this help?

hahahahahahaha

don't tell me you are still pained.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria by silvernus0: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2015
Salex007:
When will it come to an end… boko haram?
UNTIL SHAKARAU BECOMES PRESIDENT. HEHEHE...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria by silvernus0: 11:10am On Jun 18, 2015
wahihi:
ALRIGHT BUT BUHARI SHOULD CALL HIS BOYS TO ORDER AND STOP DECEIVING NIGERIAN'S.
BOKO HARAM WAS USED TO DISTABILIZ JONATHAN BUT BUHARI MAY NOT BE D ONE THAT STARTED IT.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria by free13: 11:35am On Jun 18, 2015
VOICEOFJUSTICE:
[b]Calls for 'total' Sharia in Nigeria
2001-08-27 21:32

Lagos - A former military ruler of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has called for the introduction of 'total' Islamic law across the country, reports said on Monday.

Buhari, who ruled Nigeria from a coup in December 1983 to his ouster in 1985, told a seminar in Kaduna, northern Nigeria, at the weekend that the strict Islamic law code known as the Sharia should be introduced in full across Nigeria.

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

Northern Nigeria is mainly Muslim but southern Nigeria is mainly Christian and has led criticism of the introduction of Islamic law in a dozen northern states in the past 18 months.

Africa's most populous country has been shaken repeatedly in the past by religious unrest. In February 2000 between 2 000 and 3 000 people were killed by Christian-Muslim riots in Kaduna over the introduction of Sharia.

Call for Sharia across the country

Buhari's comments were interpreted by the southern-based papers as a call for the imposition of Sharia all across the country, even in the mainly Christian south.

"Buhari calls for Sharia in all states," was the headline of the respected newspaper The Guardian.

Buhari's comments were defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.

But the comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith.

This was criticised by the press as a call for voting along religious lines, as well as an attack on the current president, Olusegun Obasanjo, who is a Christian.

Buhari made the latest comments at a seminar organised by the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, a newly set up body attended by northern state governments and Islamic scholars.

"It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear," he said.

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law," he went on. - AFP

- SAPA

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827
Can a leopard change its spots
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria by danbrowndmf(m): 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
icecalm:
common dude, you are committing a huge falacy, 'someone typing for me', why attacking the personality, I see... you are really pained. I still can't help but laugh at your statements. 'BUHARI IS YOUR FATHER's President go and die''Who does this help?

hahahahahahaha

don't tell me you are still pained.
Buhari is the President,oya go hang urself.cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria by wahihi(m): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
silvernus0:
BOKO HARAM WAS USED TO DISTABILIZ JONATHAN BUT BUHARI MAY NOT BE D ONE THAT STARTED IT.
OK BUT CAN U REMEMBER BUHARI COMMENT AFTER HE WAS DEFEATED IN D ELECTION BY EX-PRESIDENT GEJ IN 2011?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari At The 4th Africa-arab Summit In Malabo (Photos) / Court Stops Saraki From Declaring Akpabio’s Seat Vacant / We've Sacrificed Everything For PDP; Loyalty Must Mean Something - Dankwambo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.