Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

RIGHT Or WRONG? - Yesternight Taraaweeh (asamu) Before Sultaan's Announcement - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / RIGHT Or WRONG? - Yesternight Taraaweeh (asamu) Before Sultaan's Announcement (1140 Views)

New Year Greetings Right Or Wrong? / Moonsighting Announcement By Sultan For Ramadhan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIGHT Or WRONG? - Yesternight Taraaweeh (asamu) Before Sultaan's Announcement by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 9:06am On Jun 18, 2015
In the Name of Allaah, The Entirely Merciful, The Especially Merciful.

As much as I detest sounding rude to authorities (particularly that of Islaam). And as I do solemnly abide by whatever the Sultaan announces, with all due respect I will say he ought to have announced on the16th of June being the 29th of Sha`baan, that since the crescent was not sighted, sha`baan would be completed as thirty yesterday, the 17th of June and that today, 18th of June would thereby be the first day of Ramadhaan. Not doing that resulted to depriving some Muslims from observing the Taraaweeh in congregation yesternight because of their respect for the Seat of caliphate. In fact, Saudi Arabia made their own announcement on Tuesday, the 16th of June.

It was not comfortable for me yesterday hearing them claiming 17th of June to be 29th of Sha`baan again. It showed how much we have neglected the sunnah. The sunnah is to search for all the twelve crescents in a year to ensure proper up to date follow up and not just for Ramadhaan, Shawwaal and Dhul Hijjah.

I swear by The One in Whose Hand my soul is, some brothers and I sighted the second day moon of Sha`baan after Sọlaat ulmaghrib on the 19th of May when I was still in my hometown and it lasted quite long before it faded off. Unless anyone will convince me it was the crescent we sighted. In essence, 19th of May should be the first of Sha`baan and if we backdate today to 19th of May we will eventually arrive at thirty.

So I insist 17th of June is not 29th of Sha`baan (even in our province here).

Although I do not support those that observed their Taraaweeh last night but they might not be wrong if their intention before performing it was based on the fact that 17th of June was 30th of Sha`baan and not 29th. Conversely I, myself had to beg my brothers in the Masjid that we would not, since the Sultaan was yet to announce, even though I believe we were already in the night of Ramadhaan and that today would be the first of Ramadhaan.

cc AlBaqir Aminat508 maclatunji PassingShot sissie takleboy
Re: RIGHT Or WRONG? - Yesternight Taraaweeh (asamu) Before Sultaan's Announcement by PassingShot(m): 10:21am On Jun 18, 2015
Tarawee, to my understanding is Sunnah and not an obligatory act of worship. So, there can't be anything wrong with those who observed it yesterday, especially when it was evidently clear that yesterday was Sha'baan 30th.

1 Like

Re: RIGHT Or WRONG? - Yesternight Taraaweeh (asamu) Before Sultaan's Announcement by takleboy(m): 11:26am On Jun 18, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:
In the Name of Allaah, The Entirely Merciful, The Especially Merciful.

As much as I detest sounding rude to authorities (particularly that of Islaam). And as I do solemnly abide by whatever the Sultaan announces, with all due respect I will say he ought to have announced on the16th of June being the 29th of Sha`baan, that since the crescent was not sighted, sha`baan would be completed as thirty yesterday, the 17th of June and that today, 18th of June would thereby be the first day of Ramadhaan. Not doing that resulted to depriving some Muslims from observing the Taraaweeh in congregation yesternight because of their respect for the Seat of caliphate. In fact, Saudi Arabia made their own announcement on Tuesday, the 16th of June.

It was not comfortable for me yesterday hearing them claiming 17th of June to be 29th of Sha`baan again. It showed how much we have neglected the sunnah. The sunnah is to search for all the twelve crescents in a year to ensure proper up to date follow up and not just for Ramadhaan, Shawwaal and Dhul Hijjah.

I swear by The One in Whose Hand my soul is, myself and some brothers sighted the second moon of Sha`baan after Sọlaat ulmaghrib on the 19th of May when I was still in my hometown and it lasted quite long before it faded off. Unless anyone will convince me it was the crescent we sighted. In essence, 19th of May should be the first of Sha`baan and if we backdate today to 19th of May we will eventually arrive at thirty.

Although I do not support those that observed their Taraaweeh last night but they might not be wrong if their intention before performing it was based on the fact that 17th of June was 30th of Sha`baan and not 29th. Conversely I, myself had to beg my brothers in the Masjid that we would not, since the Sultaan was yet to announce, even though I believe we were already in the night of Ramadhaan and that today would be the first of Ramadhaan.

Salamn Alaykm #brodaly
base on some literatures and text i read during my few days in Islamiyah as regard Ramadan and sighting of the crescent, thus, in brevity; "when you sight the new moon, Fast, but when its obscured to you, count shabaan to the 30th day then Fast" this is but clear. The issue is the counting and the sighting and there is always no problem with them except the month of Ramadan perhaps it depicts how sensitive it is.
My brother to your qstn, in my own humble opinion may Allah have mercy on me, it isnt unacceptable to have prayed taraweeh yesterday before the announcement of Sultan for we all know that no other day it could have do it other than yesterday.
If i were to go by your observation, yesterday was 30th day of shabaan base on your count so should you have refused taraweeh prayer in your mosque with your brothers? Its sunnah should have benefited from.
Please you need to know we have council of erudite scholars at all level championing the affairs of Muslims around the Sultanhood and making sure the unite the muslims when it is absolutely neccessary.
To cap it all, base on your observation you are right and the other party too are right. I thereby seconded to the point of highlighted by PassingShot.
#RamadanKareem
Cc phunsukhWangdu AlBaqir Aminat508 maclatunji PassingShot sissie

1 Like

Re: RIGHT Or WRONG? - Yesternight Taraaweeh (asamu) Before Sultaan's Announcement by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
PassingShot:
Tarawee, to my understanding is Sunnah and not an obligatory act of worship. So, there can't be anything wrong with those who observed it yesterday, especially when it was evidently clear that yesterday was Sha'baan 30th.

I concur with you bro! But this is specific to those who had it in mind that yesterday was 30th. Those that I pity are the ones who have taken it as norm to observe taraaweeh in advance following every 29th of Sha`baan.
Re: RIGHT Or WRONG? - Yesternight Taraaweeh (asamu) Before Sultaan's Announcement by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
takleboy:

My brother to your qstn, in my own humble opinion may Allah have mercy on me, it isnt unacceptable to have prayed taraweeh yesterday before the announcement of Sultan for we all know that no other day it could have do it other than yesterday.

He had enough time to do that on Tuesday evening like the Saudi Arabia did. He should have announced that prior to the crescent not being sighted, yesterday would be 30th of Sha`baan and today would be certain as 1st of Ramadhaan. By not announcing, it somewhat made me inclined to believe what they said that he also counted yesterday as 29th.

If i were to go by your observation, yesterday was 30th day of shabaan base on your count so should you have refused taraweeh prayer in your mosque with your brothers? Its sunnah should have benefited from.

I'm telling you bro! My brothers were disappointed yesternight when I told them we wouldn't. And I even prayed may Allaah forgive me if I had erred in taken that decision knowing fully well that yesterday was indeed 30th.

Please you need to know we have council of erudite scholars at all level championing the affairs of Muslims around the Sultanhood and making sure the unite the muslims when it is absolutely neccessary.

Yes there is this committee, I think they call them MURIC. But the question here is 'is the committee functioning?' Given how sensitive it is that sighting of the crescents is an important factor that dictates the turn out of events in our religion, it is not to much to have a standby committee that will be in charge of monitoring, sighting and announcing of the twelve crescents marking the beginning of each month in a year and not just during festive periods.
Re: RIGHT Or WRONG? - Yesternight Taraaweeh (asamu) Before Sultaan's Announcement by AlBaqir(m): 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:

This kind of controversy is not new in this society of ours. Last year E'id day was another reminder of such controversy. We simply don't have a one house. Besides we have politicized Religion too much.
_-----------_------------------

However concerning "Tarawih", apart from the fact that it is a rape of truth to say "tarawih" is a Sunnah established or enjoined by the Prophet, whether it is observed or not does not serve as a condition for the validity of one's fasting. It is just an innovated nawafil to seek nearness to Allah. You can seriously read more on "Tarawih controversy" here:
www.nairaland.com/2080782/misconception-salat-tarawih-bida-sunnah

May Allah accept our sawm and qiyam and sadaqa as acts of ibadat solely for Him. Was salam alaykum.
Re: RIGHT Or WRONG? - Yesternight Taraaweeh (asamu) Before Sultaan's Announcement by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
AlBaqir:

However concerning "Tarawih", apart from the fact that it is a rape of truth to say "tarawih" is a Sunnah established or enjoined by the Prophet, whether it is observed or not does not serve as a condition for the validity of one's fasting.

Of course!

May Allah accept our sawm and qiyam and sadaqa as acts of ibadat solely for Him. Was salam alaykum.

Āmīn! wa`aleykumu ssalām waRohmatuLLooh

(1) (Reply)

An Eye For An Eye: Muslim Family Seeks Destruction Of Man's Spine In Revenge! / Is There Anything Muslims Like About Christians? / Signs Of Allah In Our Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.