Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Similarities Between Islam And Judaism - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Similarities Between Islam And Judaism (1029 Views)

Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / 'Abdullah Ibn Salam: From Judaism To Islam / Differences Between Islam And Western Ideology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by Realismailakabir: 8:39am On Oct 05, 2020
They worship the same God

Islam and Judaism are resolutely monotheistic faiths. Allah is the Arabic name for God. The Arabic name Allah has linguistic connotations that are not shared with the English term God. For instance, the word Allah cannot be made plural like the word God. Nevertheless, Allah is the same Creator, Sustainer, and Provider that Jews and Muslims worship.

Jesus

Because these two faiths are strictly monotheistic in nature, they both do not consider Jesus to be divine. They both consider it blasphemous to attribute a literal son to God. The idea that God has a son is inconsistent with the uncompromising monotheistic message found both in the Qur’ān and Torah (old testament) However, unlike Jews, Muslims believe that Jesus is a great Prophet of God who delivered the message of Oneness to the Children of Israel and that his mother Mary was one of the greatest of all women.

Prophets

Muslims and Jews share beliefs in certain Prophets. They both believe that God sent Prophets to mankind to deliver the message of monotheism. Jews believe that Moses is the greatest of all Prophets who was sent to mankind. Muslims also believe in Moses, who is in fact the Prophet most mentioned in the Qur’ān. Muslims and Jews also believe in Abraham, Noah, David, Solomon, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph. Because Muslims believe in all Prophets and Messengers, they also believe in the scripture they delivered. Therefore, Muslims believe that Moses was given a book called the Torah. However, they believe this book was not preserved in its original form. For Muslims the Prophet Muhammad, God’s final Messenger to mankind who delivered the final book, the Qur’ān.

Jerusalem

Historically, many of these Prophets resided in the city of Jerusalem. Both Islam and Judaism consider Jerusalem to be a holy city. Prophet Solomon established the first Temple in Jerusalem which made it the religious center for Judaism. Jerusalem is Islam’s third holiest city after Mecca and Medina. Prophet Muhammad was taken on a miraculous journey from Mecca to Jerusalem and then ascended to the heavens.

Circumcision

Islamic law and Jewish law share many things in common. In the Bible, Abraham was commanded to undergo circumcision. This practice has been established among Abraham’s children. The Torah instructs that newborns be circumcised on the eighth day after birth. The command for circumcision is not in the Qur’ān, but the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him required it for his male followers.

Dietary Restrictions

Jews only eat kosher and Muslims only eat halal. There are many similarities between kosher and halal, and in some cases, kosher is considered halal for Muslims. Some kinds of foods, such as pork, are prohibited in both Islam and Judaism. Other kinds of foods must be prepared in a certain way for them to be permissible for consumption. The animal must be slaughtered properly, mentioning the name of God, and for Jews, the person must be Jewish. However, Muslims are allowed to consume an animal if it is slaughtered by a Muslim, Jew, or Christian.

Female Head Covering

Both religions encourage modesty and require that women cover their hair. This is not meant to detract from women’s beauty, but to channel it to her marriage where it truly belongs. Many married Jewish women wear a scarf to cover their hair. Islam instructs that women wear a headscarf (hijab) after puberty. Along with the head covering, both religions encourage women to dress modestly. This includes wearing long and loose-fitting clothing. Although they both cover in very similar ways.

https://www.whyislam.org/judaism/similarities/
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by Realismailakabir: 9:11am On Oct 05, 2020
In addition there many similarities in Mosaic law and Sharia, like dealing with criminality, apostate, etc. There are many reference to Jews in the Quran: check. Q.2.40, 2.83, 2.88, 3.23, 34.49, 3.67, 4.46, 5.12, 5.18 etc.

O Children of Israel, remember My favor which I have bestowed upon you and fulfill My covenant [upon you] that I will fulfill your covenant [from Me], and be afraid of [only] Me.

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2020
Realismailakabir:

Circumcision

Islamic law and Jewish law share many things in common. In the Bible, Abraham was commanded to undergo circumcision. This practice has been established among Abraham’s children. The Torah instructs that newborns be circumcised on the eighth day after birth. The command for circumcision is not in the Qur’ān, but the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him required it for his male followers.

What similarities did you share here with Judaism because nobody circumcisied Muhammad

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by AntiChristian: 6:48am On Oct 07, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

What similarities did you share here with Judaism because nobody circumcisied Muhammad

Who circumcised your mouth?
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by Realismailakabir: 8:02am On Oct 07, 2020
He was cleansed by Allah from his Mother's womb from all manner of impurity i.e. prepuce, hatred (hiqd) geebah (backbitting)
ANTIlSLAM:

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2020
Realismailakabir:
He was cleansed by Allah from his Mother's womb from all manner of impurity i.e. prepuce, hatred (hiqd) geebah (backbitting)

Can you back this up with Quranic Chapter and verse
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2020
AntiChristian:

Who circumcised your mouth?

Slave, this is your face grin are you too on AIRPLANE mode like your Brothers Xposed2020, Lukuluku69, etc?

Abeg tell us who circumcised the only messenger of allah

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by AntiChristian: 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

Slave, this is your face grin are you too on AIRPLANE mode like your Brothers Xposed2020, Lukuluku69, etc?

Abeg tell us who circumcised the only messenger of allah

I will tell you if you can tell me who circumcised Adam in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
AntiChristian:

I will tell you if you can tell me who circumcised Adam in the Bible.

But you have Adam also in your Quran it's only EVE that's missing in Quran, allah forgot that Eve was the first woman on earth..

Your sense ought to tell you there was nothing like circumcision when Adam was created. As the first man and human being on earth, whom did you expect to circumcise him? Slave of allah, next time apply sense when talking okay Or Muhammad was the FIRST MAN on earth that has NO record of circumcision?
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by AntiChristian: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

But you have Adam also in your Quran it's only EVE that's missing in Quran, allah forgot that Eve was the first woman on earth..

Your sense ought to tell you there was nothing like circumcision when Adam was created. As the first man and human being on earth, whom did you expect to circumcise him? Slave of allah, next time apply sense when talking okay Or Muhammad was the FIRST MAN on earth that has NO record of circumcision?

Abeg who circumcised Abraham? Abraham started circumcision in the Bible. So Everyone before Abraham were uncircumcised according to the Bible!

This includes Noah and Adam right? So what's the point of looking for who circumcised who?

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2020
AntiChristian:

Abeg who circumcised Abraham? Abraham started circumcision in the Bible. So Everyone before Abraham were uncircumcised according to the Bible!

This includes Noah and Adam right? So what's the point of looking for who circumcised who?

It's no more Adam it's now Abraham, so because I told you Adam was the first human being on earth you now change it to who circumcised Abraham... I am here to address your problem as usual

The answer to your question is here:

Genesis 17:24-26

24 Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised,

25 and his son Ishmael was thirteen.

26 They were both circumcised on the same day

Hope you won't move from Abraham to Noah again grin

So your Muhammad has NO record of circumcision, what a shame

Even ISHMAEL your father in Islam was circumcised why is Muhammad own case diff grin
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by motayoayinde: 7:24am On Oct 09, 2020
JAZAKALLAH BRO. FOR THIS AND YOUR OTHER TOPICS.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by AntiChristian: 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

It's no more Adam it's now Abraham, so because I told you Adam was the first human being on earth you now change it to who circumcised Abraham... I am here to address your problem as usual

The answer to your question is here:

Genesis 17:24-26

24 Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised,

25 and his son Ishmael was thirteen.

26 They were both circumcised on the same day

Hope you won't move from Abraham to Noah again grin

So your Muhammad has NO record of circumcision, what a shame

Even ISHMAEL your father in Islam was circumcised why is Muhammad own case diff grin

I asked a question which you still failed to Answer.

Who circumcised Abraham, Adam, Noah?
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:23am On Oct 10, 2020
AntiChristian:

I asked a question which you still failed to Answer.

Who circumcised Abraham, Adam, Noah?

I said it, as if I knw you'll ask who circumcised Noah grin allah has caused you great damage control, sorry em

As your boss, I am here to always address all your problems as you are slave in the religion of allah

The answer to your question is here.. God directed Abraham in Genesis 17:1-27 to circumcised himself and all his household including ANIMALS which he did. If Abraham could be circumcised, why is Muhammad own case different? You havn't answer my question yet. Is Muhammad above the law? Or Muhammad was a late BAST@RD being on earth?

Genesis 17:23

And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by AntiChristian: 12:01am On Oct 11, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

I said it, as if I knw you'll ask who circumcised Noah grin allah has caused you great damage control, sorry em

As your boss, I am here to always address all your problems as you are slave in the religion of allah

The answer to your question is here.. God directed Abraham in Genesis 17:1-27 to circumcised himself and all his household including ANIMALS which he did. If Abraham could be circumcised, why is Muhammad own case different? You havn't answer my question yet. Is Muhammad above the law? Or Muhammad was a late BAST@RD being on earth?

Genesis 17:23

And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.

What of Adam and Noah na? Were they left uncircumcised by Yahweh?

I Know Jesus your lord was circumcised in Luke just like you were during infancy!
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:33am On Oct 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

What of Adam and Noah na? Were they left uncircumcised by Yahweh?

I Know Jesus your lord was circumcised in Luke just like you were during infancy!

My boy, you don't need to give yourself stress. Firstly did you know the meaning of CIRCUMCISION? I will beseech thee to consult your dictionary..

Secondly, I asked you to show where it is written that a whole messenger of allah was circumcised rather you're jumping from pole to pole looking for an escaping route grin

You asked me who circumcised Adam, I answered and told you Adam was the first man on earth and so on, you read my response and reason with it but to tell me how your messenger was circumcised you moved your attention to Abraham in which I also answered you how he was circumcised with Biblical evidence. But to answer my own question is difficult for you and your god allah.

Shey Muhammad jumped from heaven or he was born as a b@stard child? You should know the type of person you're following completely, you should be able to defend him anywhere on any question(s) asked about him. May God save you from this damaged control allah and Muhammad has put you

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by AntiChristian: 7:31am On Oct 11, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

My boy, you don't need to give yourself stress. Firstly did you know the meaning of CIRCUMCISION? I will beseech thee to consult your dictionary..

Secondly, I asked you to show where it is written that a whole messenger of allah was circumcised rather you're jumping from pole to pole looking for an escaping route grin

You asked me who circumcised Adam, I answered and told you Adam was the first man on earth and so on, you read my response and reason with it but to tell me how your messenger was circumcised you moved your attention to Abraham in which I also answered you how he was circumcised with Biblical evidence. But to answer my own question is difficult for you and your god allah.

Shey Muhammad jumped from heaven or he was born as a b@stard child? You should know the type of person you're following completely, you should be able to defend him anywhere on any question(s) asked about him. May God save you from this damaged control allah and Muhammad has put you

Merry go round! Adam was the first man yet he had several kids! He can also do it himself like Abraham did!

Why did you run away from Noah?

You have no point!
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
AntiChristian:

Merry go round! Adam was the first man yet he had several kids! He can also do it himself like Abraham did!

Why did you run away from Noah?

You have no point!

Did you still have problem with what I told you about Adam? Noah was born circumcised, I repeat Noah was a righteous man before God, he was born circumcised by God

If Ishmael your father in Islam could be circumcised, why is the one and only messenger of allah, Late Muhammad was not circumcised? Circumcision started from Abraham as God commanded and practise till today. Why is your messenger Muhammad not circumcised? You'll answer this, No escaping route

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by Realismailakabir: 11:05pm On Oct 17, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

Did you still have problem with what I told you about Adam? Noah was born circumcised, I repeat Noah was a righteous man before God, he was born circumcised by God

If Ishmael your father in Islam could be circumcised, why is the one and only messenger of allah, Late Muhammad was not circumcised? Circumcision started from Abraham as God commanded and practise till today. Why is your messenger Muhammad not circumcised? You'll answer this, No escaping route
where is your evidence that he wasn't circumcised? read this
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/31069/was-the-prophet-peace-and-blessings-of-allaah-be-upon-him-born-circumcised
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 18, 2020
@OP, you outlined many similarities between Islam and Judaism without realizing the fact that Muhammad merely copied and modified stories and myths about real people (mostly pagans), which humans had been passing from one generation to another before Judaism and Islam were established.

Many of those prophets in Qur'an were Jews, pagans; some were even blacks.

But the author of the Qur'an (Muhammad) only copied and modified the parts in their stories that would suit his parochial agenda about deceiving and enslaving humanity.

That OP is deceiving himself that "God" in Islam is the same or similar to "God" in Judaism, when Yahweh is the god of Jews and Allah is the god of Muslims.

Allah and Yahweh are distinct entities with unique traits and histories.

The same thing applies to Olohun, who doesn't have anything to do with Islam or Muhammad.

The clear facts are, Muslims worship Arabian moongod called Allah; Christians and Jews worship Israeli/European god called Yahweh or Jehovah, and traditionalists in Yorubaland worship the local god called Olorun.

Religious people love distorting historical facts to suit their parochial agenda and deceit.
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 9:58am On Oct 19, 2020
Realismailakabir:
where is your evidence that he wasn't circumcised? read this
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/31069/was-the-prophet-peace-and-blessings-of-allaah-be-upon-him-born-circumcised

Maybe you'll show me where it's written in Quran that Muhammad the only messenger of allah was circumcised
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by Realismailakabir: 12:32am On Oct 22, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

Maybe you'll show me where it's written in Quran that Muhammad the only messenger of allah was circumcised
In islam we have two references. Quran and Hadith. check the link i pasted above, hadith is there.
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 4:23am On Oct 22, 2020
Realismailakabir:
In islam we have two references. Quran and Hadith. check the link i pasted above, hadith is there.

So allah the author of Quran is not complete without hadith em? grin
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by tartar9(m): 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

Were his parents/caretakers Muslims when he was born?
And who says he wasn't circumcised when circumcision was also a pre-Islamic Arabic pratice undecided
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
tartar9:

Were his parents/caretakers Muslims when he was born?
And who says he wasn't circumcised when circumcision was also a pre-Islamic Arabic pratice undecided

I have read Quran from begining to end, no where it's written that Muhammad was CIRCUMCISED..
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by tartar9(m): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2020
ANTIlSLAM:

I have read Quran from begining to end, no where it's written that Muhammad was CIRCUMCISED..
If you actually read it, you'll see how far it is from being biographical. You'll see Muhammad (SAW) is directly mentioned just five times talkless of writing about some circumcision.
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by ANTIlSLAM(m): 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
tartar9:

If you actually read it, you'll see how far it is from being biographical. You'll see Muhammad (SAW) is directly mentioned just five times talkless of writing about some circumcision.

Are you now saying quran recognised Jesus more than Muhammad because quran talks about Jesus birth, how he was conceived and what his name shall be
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by Realismailakabir: 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
"And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers" (Quram.3:85)

Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 25, 2020
A religion that is deficient and false is the one that desperately looks for validation from other true religion.

Today Islam wants to validate itself by force to judiasm but have a problem accepting same God gave Jerusalem to Israel before Mohamed created islam

Mohammed also sought to validate his religion with the Baal of quaresh tribe.(alat,manat)

Can't Islam stand on its own, why is it claiming all the Jews to be it's prophet
Re: Similarities Between Islam And Judaism by Oziamodu11: 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
Mikehot:
A religion that is deficient and false is the one that desperately looks for validation from other true religion.

Today Islam wants to validate itself by force to judiasm but have a problem accepting same God gave Jerusalem to Israel before Mohamed created islam

Mohammed also sought to validate his religion with the Baal of quaresh tribe.(alat,manat)

Can't Islam stand on its own, why is it claiming all the Jews to be it's prophet

spewing lugbish and rubbish

(1) (Reply)

Marital Advice Needed From My Brothers And Sisters / Boyfriend & Girlfriend, Stop! It's Wrong | Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan / Charlie Hebdo:of Justifications, Condemnation And Apologies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.