Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy (1271 Views)

You Want To Have Sex With Your Wife & She Is Pressing Her Phone (Photo) / Can You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by houseofphreedah: 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
Have SEX with her very well, more tips are:

1. Don’t forget special occasions. I track important days with Birthday Alarm. I set it up some 10 years ago. Since .then, the website has changed many hands but they still send me emails prior to those dates. You can set up alarms or alerts using many web/phone apps. I feel forgetting your anniversary or her birthday is the biggest turnoff for her.
2. Give her compliments whenever possible. Whether it’s her cooking or her outfit, you should show your appreciation when it’s appropriate.

3. Let her be in charge of home affairs. Don’t try to argue about the need to buy a new toaster. My wife loves to buy new tea cups, and even though we have around 16 pairs already, I still don’t argue when she buys a new pair. It’s her hobby to drink tea in different cups. Let her take decisions as to which movie you two should watch next, in my case this ensures that I get to watch my favorite sport, and, not another cooking challenge on TV.
4. Never make fun of her. She’s your wife and the closest friend you have. She’s certainly more important than any of your other friends. Talking about your wife’s shortcomings with others is just as bad as cheating.
5. Clean something. Women, mostly, are cleanliness fanatic. If you don’t maintain clean hygiene it will surely turn her off. The floor, the areas at home where she can’t reach (and you can, you need to be Spiderman for that, sometimes) clean those areas. She would love your effort.
6. Criticize her tactfully. Recently SMB bought a pair of shoes I didn’t like. When she asked for my opinion, I said the pair looked good but it lacked….blah blah. You should not start giving your opinion by being negative from the very beginning.If you feel she needs exercise, you start doing it first. Never say that she gained weight.
7. Fix something around the house. Anything. Chances are, she has a list of things to be fixed – ask her, then do whatever you can. Set a goal to fix one thing per weekend. Ask her if her car needs repair or an oil change. Drive her car and see if everything is all right.
8. Let her sleep late if she wishes. I wake my wife up every day, and she prepares my breakfast and packs my lunch. I return the favor on weekends. I prepare breakfast and take it to her. Even if SMB wakes up before I bring her morning tea, she doesn’t leave bed and waits for me.
9. A surprise dinner out can go a long way. Your wife is bound to be sick for a couple of days every month. Its a good gesture that you know those dates and surprise her with a takeout order or offer to dine out. I usually get a mouth-watering dish prepared by her within a few days of showing such gestures. Sickness or none, special treats usually go a long way in a relationship. It shows you care and think about her. (late addition – SMB has a huge objection to this claim)
10. Take care of the kids. At least for a day every week. Change his/her diapers and let your wife take a break. This will give her a chance to go out with friends or have them come over while you take care of household matters.
11. Spend time alone with her. Don’t always plan for a trip with your friends and kids. Plan for an exclusive gateway sometimes. Just book a hotel within a few miles from your home and spend a day there, just the two of you. Let your kids be baby sat for the night.
12. Don’t hide anything. If you have a colleague who flirts with you, tell that to your wife (although I never faced this situation smiley ). If you lose money in the stock market, tell her that. Tell her about the attractive lady who joined your team recently. Openness is the base of a relationship – keep the base intact and develop a mutually trusting relationship on top of it.
13. Don’t try to understand her fully. No man could ever do it. She might behave differently in similar situations at different times. Its the gene! Even if you praise her, she might, at times, think you are criticizing her. On some days, she’ll be unhappy no matter what you do. Just take those days as they come. Don’t feel bad and give it a little time. She’ll soon be back with apologetic love.
14. Admit your faults. I break this rule frequently. I resort to excuses for things she doesn’t like me doing. I need to stop that. The sooner you realize that admitting your faults to your wife is a different ball game (rather than to your boss or friends), the better your personal life could be. Admit if you forgot to pay the dues or to bring the flowers, don’t say the florist was closed.
15. Don’t smoke or drink if she doesn’t like it. I have a smoking habit, I tried to quit and I did when I first started courting her, some 12 years back. Sadly, I started smoking again. She hates it, she hates the smell from my clothes. I will quit one day, it’s just so tough to do it. If you can’t quit totally, try not to smoke at home.
16. Don’t ignore her for more than 2 hours when you are both at home. This is my special rule. Often I require more than 2 hours to write an article. I make a point to take a break for 10 minutes and talk to her before finishing my writing.

more of this from www.houseofphreedahbodycare.com

1 Like

Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by Mikolex(m): 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2015
#NOTED#

1 Like

Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by donholy28(m): 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
why only 16...e suppose reach 1000 na

1 Like

Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by babythug(f): 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
I really like these tips...

If only the men would read and comply *sighs*

2 Likes

Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by mimopel(f): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
Pls where cn we find dis perfect man smiley....is ur brother available grin

1 Like

Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by fibial: 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
There is no way I can tell her everything....to save the home from unnecessary torments hide some things from her....

1 Like

Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by houseofphreedah: 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
donholy28:
why only 16...e suppose reach 1000 na
haba !!!!!! why nah
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by houseofphreedah: 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2015
babythug:
I really like these tips...

If only the men would read and comply *sighs*
God will surely drag them here grin
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by houseofphreedah: 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2015
mimopel:
Pls where cn we find dis perfect man smiley....is ur brother available grin
no man is perfect, but you can always get your man to be perfect.
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by mimopel(f): 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
houseofphreedah:
no man is perfect, but you can always get your man to be perfect.

My dear it's take getting the right person to walk towards perfection...ofcos u cnt be striving to get everyone to perfection...u hav to get in touch with the right guy, who hav the right mindset...I mean the same mentality as urs towards dis kind of heaven on earth marriage posted up, although it's possible ..I see myself having that kinda guy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by houseofphreedah: 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
mimopel:

My dear it's take getting the right person to walk towards perfection...ofcos u cnt be striving to get everyone to perfection...u hav to get in touch with the right guy, who hav the right mindset...I mean the same mentality as urs towards dis kind of heaven on earth marriage posted up, although it's possible ..I see myself having that kinda guy cheesy
grin If you can see it, you can always have it. Don't forget to invite me for you wedding ceremony.
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by mimopel(f): 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
houseofphreedah:
grin If you can see it, you can always have it. Don't forget to invite me for you wedding ceremony.

Pleasurably... wink
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by angieberry(f): 1:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
Thank God the tables have been turned...
No more 'how to please a Nigerian man' or 'how to get your man to marry you' or any of such topics.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by SAMBARRY: 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
You won't see them here. They're busy arguing and tearing their boxers over marital rape and feminism grin

1 Like

Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by lilmax(m): 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
Old hags without husbands will always cast the first stone.....rotflol gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by cococandy(f): 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
lilmax:
Old hags without husbands will always cast the first stone.....rotflol gringringrin
where is your wife?
Abi you never reach to marry?
Stay here dey deceive yourself

5 Likes

Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by bukatyne(f): 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2015
houseofphreedah:
Have SEX with her very well, more tips are:

1. Don’t forget special occasions. I track important days with Birthday Alarm. I set it up some 10 years ago. Since .then, the website has changed many hands but they still send me emails prior to those dates. You can set up alarms or alerts using many web/phone apps. I feel forgetting your anniversary or her birthday is the biggest turnoff for her.

Very True

houseofphreedah:
2. Give her compliments whenever possible. Whether it’s her cooking or her outfit, you should show your appreciation when it’s appropriate.

Very important too; compliment all the time cheesy Always something to compliment wink

houseofphreedah:
3. Let her be in charge of home affairs. Don’t try to argue about the need to buy a new toaster. My wife loves to buy new tea cups, and even though we have around 16 pairs already, I still don’t argue when she buys a new pair. It’s her hobby to drink tea in different cups. Let her take decisions as to which movie you two should watch next, in my case this ensures that I get to watch my favorite sport, and, not another cooking challenge on TV.

Depends on how the home is run or the two people in it. For example, I am not a food person so my husband always decides what soup we cook. I might prepare dinner from my initiative when he is not around. whenever he is, he decides

houseofphreedah:
4. Never make fun of her. She’s your wife and the closest friend you have. She’s certainly more important than any of your other friends. Talking about your wife’s shortcomings with others is just as bad as cheating.

Why would a husband make fun of his wife in the midst of people

houseofphreedah:
5. Clean something. Women, mostly, are cleanliness fanatic. If you don’t maintain clean hygiene it will surely turn her off. The floor, the areas at home where she can’t reach (and you can, you need to be Spiderman for that, sometimes) clean those areas. She would love your effort.

A husband cleaning up after himself is crucial

houseofphreedah:
6. Criticize her tactfully. Recently SMB bought a pair of shoes I didn’t like. When she asked for my opinion, I said the pair looked good but it lacked….blah blah. You should not start giving your opinion by being negative from the very beginning.If you feel she needs exercise, you start doing it first. Never say that she gained weight.

I love head on criticism and immediately. I also know when criticism is out of love or spite. Luckily, DH doesn't know how to form. This shoe is not fine; the pottage is salty and I am not eating it etc. etc.

I hate criticism after the fact especially when we still relate after the offence... it makes me feel like a fool embarassed

houseofphreedah:
7. Fix something around the house. Anything. Chances are, she has a list of things to be fixed – ask her, then do whatever you can. Set a goal to fix one thing per weekend. Ask her if her car needs repair or an oil change. Drive her car and see if everything is all right.

Good one

houseofphreedah:
8. Let her sleep late if she wishes. I wake my wife up every day, and she prepares my breakfast and packs my lunch. I return the favor on weekends. I prepare breakfast and take it to her. Even if SMB wakes up before I bring her morning tea, she doesn’t leave bed and waits for me.

She is not a child you wake up undecided

houseofphreedah:
9. A surprise dinner out can go a long way. Your wife is bound to be sick for a couple of days every month. Its a good gesture that you know those dates and surprise her with a takeout order or offer to dine out. I usually get a mouth-watering dish prepared by her within a few days of showing such gestures. Sickness or none, special treats usually go a long way in a relationship. It shows you care and think about her. (late addition – SMB has a huge objection to this claim)

Yes and the treats need not cost money...

houseofphreedah:
10. Take care of the kids. At least for a day every week. Change his/her diapers and let your wife take a break. This will give her a chance to go out with friends or have them come over while you take care of household matters.

This obviously should be joint except wifey is a stay at home mom

houseofphreedah:
11. Spend time alone with her. Don’t always plan for a trip with your friends and kids. Plan for an exclusive gateway sometimes. Just book a hotel within a few miles from your home and spend a day there, just the two of you. Let your kids be baby sat for the night.

True

houseofphreedah:
12. Don’t hide anything. If you have a colleague who flirts with you, tell that to your wife (although I never faced this situation smiley ). If you lose money in the stock market, tell her that. Tell her about the attractive lady who joined your team recently. Openness is the base of a relationship – keep the base intact and develop a mutually trusting relationship on top of it.

100% agree

houseofphreedah:
13. Don’t try to understand her fully. No man could ever do it. She might behave differently in similar situations at different times. Its the gene! Even if you praise her, she might, at times, think you are criticizing her. On some days, she’ll be unhappy no matter what you do. Just take those days as they come. Don’t feel bad and give it a little time. She’ll soon be back with apologetic love.

You really cannot understand anyone fully. You are also not her 'god', sometimes, she will be sad and the best you can do is empathize with her

houseofphreedah:
14. Admit your faults. I break this rule frequently. I resort to excuses for things she doesn’t like me doing. I need to stop that. The sooner you realize that admitting your faults to your wife is a different ball game (rather than to your boss or friends), the better your personal life could be. Admit if you forgot to pay the dues or to bring the flowers, don’t say the florist was closed.

100% true

houseofphreedah:
15. Don’t smoke or drink if she doesn’t like it. I have a smoking habit, I tried to quit and I did when I first started courting her, some 12 years back. Sadly, I started smoking again. She hates it, she hates the smell from my clothes. I will quit one day, it’s just so tough to do it. If you can’t quit totally, try not to smoke at home.

This one is dicey; a woman who doesn't like a smoker or drinker should not marry one, simples. I will even say she is selfish trying to change you to her spec when you have shown who you are.

Again, she could have not minded a smoker and realized it mattered after marriage/kids

However, you should improve on whatever bad habits you have irrespective of if it was pre/post marriage. So I will say you should try to stop while she is patient till that day you join APC grin

houseofphreedah:
V16. Don’t ignore her for more than 2 hours when you are both at home. This is my special rule. Often I require more than 2 hours to write an article. I make a point to take a break for 10 minutes and talk to her before finishing my writing.

Sweet

houseofphreedah:
more of this from www.houseofphreedahbodycare.com

OP, kudos

I would say you also study your wifey and adapt this to what she likes kiss
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by lilmax(m): 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
cococandy:
where is your wife?
Abi you never reach to marry?
Stay here dey deceive yourself
see attack gringrin

Seriously what are you saying? cheesy you dey watch me with camera?
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by cococandy(f): 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
lilmax:
see attack gringrin

Seriously what are you saying? cheesy you dey watch me with camera?
My friend if you want to propose to the lady be quick about it and stop following her from thread to thread lamenting about her single status.
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by NicxonXXX(m): 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
Treat her like your queen. Treat her like an angel. When she starts to misbehave, Rebuke her. You are not to lose your position as the man..... the one in charge
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by edwife(f): 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
Nice tips OP smiley
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by Onegai(f): 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
These are great ideas that should be implemented smiley
well done OP.
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by funlord(m): 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
grin
The only tip needed 2 make her happy is MONEY! And lots of it! She would always adjust her happiness accordingly by herself!
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by lilmax(m): 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
cococandy:

My friend if you want to propose to the lady be quick about it and stop following her from thread to thread lamenting about her single status.
and we are talking about?
Re: 16 Tips To Make Your Wife Happy by cococandy(f): 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
lilmax:
and we are talking about?
count your teeth with your tongue. Ciao wink

(1) (Reply)

viewersdiscretion advised16 Yrs Boy Kill Neighbours Child For 500000 See Pix / There Is Love In Sharing. / Do You Know That You Can Restitute Your Conjugal Rights In Court?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.