Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

A Nairalander's Brother In Dilemma Over Kidney Problem - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Nairalander's Brother In Dilemma Over Kidney Problem (579 Views)

How Can Someone Control Critical Kidney Problem (CKP) Using Herbs. / Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? / •get Rid Of Your Fibroids Naturally,hypertension And Kidney Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Brother In Dilemma Over Kidney Problem by ReSexzskilz(f): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Like 3 months ago my brother was hospitalized due swellings all over and it was later diagnosed as renal insufficiency. He used over 3 weeks in the hospital and was discharged with diagnosis of Nephrotic Syndrom, with the swellings in feets, stomach and face totally gone. His appetite was also restored plus receded level of nauseating. He was placed on ;Lisinopril, Clopidogrel, Lasix, etc. He had very intense general body weakness, dizziness and light headedness. He usually goes for check up until early last week when his doctor in the hospital asked him if he was ready for a kidney biopsy test. ALL previous urinalysis showed he has been having blood and protein in his urine. Just on Tuesday that he went for clinic, a urine test showed every parameters negative including PROTEIN and blood. Only glucose showed ++[1 plus]. The blood pressure took showed 50/90 or the other way round, i've forgotten. The nephrologist that attended to him took his result and said he was somehow surprised. He (my brother) was told that his kidneys might be regenerating! because the first symptom of a damaged kidney is proteinuria or Microalbuminuria and presence of blood in the urine. He began complaining of dysentery yesterday and said he was defecating little worm-like creatures. His body temperature also rose with moderate appetite, along mild nausea. One of my doctors just called this morning and told him they were waiting for him at the renal ward for his biopsy test. I am honestly afraid for him due to complications i've read and heard regarding it (the biopsy test).

The question now is should he go for this kidney biopsy? Please note that this is a teaching hospital. What does his glucose result in that his test also revealed about his kidneys and overall health? Doctors in the house please! MODS, this is a matter of life and life. Thanks.

cc. LALASTICLALA, SISSY3

(1) (Reply)

Health Blogs / Woman Electrocuted By Her Phone Ear Piece | Viewers Discretion / Are You Eating Healthy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.