Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 (1390 Views)

Foreign Refineries To Stop Buying Nigeria’s Crude Oil Due To NDA Attacks / Refineries To Pay Into Federation Account From 2016 – Kachikwu / Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by dabigwalls: 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
Nigeria’s four refineries will resume production next month, a spokesman for the state-run oil group said Thursday, raising hope of an end to perennial petrol shortages that have plagued Africa’s largest crude producer.

“The refineries at Warri, Port Harcourt and Kaduna will resume next month after a successful turn-around-maintenance (overhaul) of their facilities,” Ohi Alegbe of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) told AFP.

“The turn-around-maintenance has been on for some time. We did not just want to make any noise about it. The refineries will start production as soon as they have delivery of crude oil for refining,” he said.

The NNPC has four refineries — two in Port Harcourt in the south, one in northern Kaduna and another in southern Warri, with a combined installed capacity of 445,000 barrels per day.

A network of pipelines and depots located throughout the country link these refineries.

Nigeria produces a massive two million barrels of crude oil a day, but has to export it due to a lack of working refineries. It then imports fuel back into the country at international market prices — a situation blamed on corruption and mismanagement.

To cushion the blow on the general population, the government sells fuel on the streets at subsidised prices, and makes up for the higher amounts spent by importers by reimbursing them the difference — a system seen as rife with false claims and overpayments.

Last month, a crippling fuel shortage almost grounded Nigeria to a halt, as fuel importers and marketers shut their depots to protest some $1 billion (900 million euros) in unpaid reimbursements.

Black market and legitimate petrol vendors did a brisk trade, selling at around 300 naira ($1.5; 1.3 euros) a litre — well above the officially-set price of 87 naira.

In January 2012, the government tried to end the subsidies, causing petrol prices to more than double. It was ultimately forced to reinstate the payments after tens of thousands of people took to the streets in violent protests that left more than a dozen dead.

Alegbe said the resumption of refinery activity “will significantly improve the supply of petroleum products in the country.”

Seems like the good times are returning. GEJ/PMB - Nigeria's best combo ever liveth.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/nigerias-refineries-to-resume-production-next-month-official/
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by MosakuAW(m): 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
Let get all these refineries working before we start talking about N40 per litre.

PMP hope this is not a false news sha.....

I once witness vision 2010 and this is 2015.
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by Imortal001: 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
Now tell me who is the dullard? the man from otueke or the man from daura?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by anulaxad(m): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
Nigeria sai Buhari.

APC

Change. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by adioolayi(m): 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
We can see everything turning around, turning around, turning around for our good.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by dabigwalls: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
I think we should strive to read through the article. It isn't too long. I carefully ensured that. Even though I anticipate change with PMB, there is no way a travelling president that has prioritised security and who does not have a government team yet can take credit for up to 10% of the completed turnaround maintenance of 4 Nigerian refineries with all the attendant Nigerian issues about them. Since it takes between 3-4 years on the average, I think the Otuoke Team have this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by sayyid(m): 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
if dis is true it will go a long way in contributing to easy life of Nigerians as a whole
God help Nigeria
God help PMB
God help us all
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by SUBMARINE: 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
sayyid:
if dis is true it will go a long way in contributing to easy life of Nigerians as a whole
God help Nigeria
God help PMB
God help us all

The credit goes to Jona and not buhari

dabigwalls:
I think we should strive to read through the article. It isn't too long. I carefully ensured that. Even though I anticipate change with PMB, there is no way a travelling president that has prioritised security and who does not have a government team yet can take credit for up to 10% of the completed turnaround maintenance of 4 Nigerian refineries with all the attendant Nigerian issues about them. Since it takes between 3-4 years on the average, I think the Otuoke Team have this.
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by Maser: 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
Fear of PMB!
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
No be june again. Bushari confused government
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by dustmalik: 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
SUBMARINE:

The credit goes to Jona and not buhari
dabigwalls:

Rubbish. GEJ's administration deliberately sabotaged those refineries. Here is a quote from Daily Independent publication today:

[b]"The source who added that the establishment
received crude oil consignment last in 2012,
noted that crude oil supply to the refinery was
stalled by the immediate past government.
This, the source added, resulted in massive
importation of refined products by the Federal
Government in preparation for their full
privatisation.
He further disclosed that all the machines for
the take off of production were also last Sunday
switched on in readiness for production works
in the company.
According to the source: “Yes, it is true that the
Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company
limited is set to commence the refining of
petroleum products. The production will start
within the next 14 days from now. All the
production machines were since last Sunday
switched on in readiness for the production.
“I also want to inform you that the
management has received crude oil for that
purpose this week Monday. For over two years
now we have not received crude oil as it was
being sent to foreign refineries from where
they were been imported back to the country
as refined products.
This started soon after the alleged planned
privatization of the refineries by the
immediate past administration which was also
said to have targeted the sales to its selected
cronies thereby placing the workers of the
refining and petrochemical company on
permanent state of redundancy for the past
two years
,” he added[/b][/quote]
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by yetunsbay(m): 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
dabigwalls:
ur view thou seems plausible. Bt why the latter nt implement it?
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by YEMOYEMI: 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
Imortal001:
Now tell me who is the dullard? the man from otueke or the man from daura?

Electricity is getting better they said its because we are in raining season. Refineries will start to function soon, we want to see their reasoning--oh GEJ initiated the process!!!!

God bless President Mohammadu Buhari

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by TopsyKrete: 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
That's what i'm talking bout
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by dustmalik: 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Isn't it obvious that these refineries were deliberately sabotaged? Why are all of them, all of a sudden, about to resume production? these are refineries that haven't function for years.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by dabigwalls: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
yetunsbay:
ur view thou seems plausible. Bt why the latter nt implement it?

You see, provision of crude COULD be the final stage of the entire process. If there were plans to privatise them however, completion of TAM may not necessary signal immediate capacity for take off. Well, I don't know much about that. If the TAM was earlier completed, then it needs no deliberation on who takes the credit for that - in a sense, we really don't have a government yet. Elected officials holding an office alone do not make a government. Or what do you think?
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by dustmalik: 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
We should be glad that we now have a responsible government in place, not trying to defend those who deliberately caused this country more harm than good.
Re: Nigerian Refineries To Resume Production In July 2015 by dabigwalls: 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
Whatever or whoever is responsible. To God be the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of A School In Kano Where Students Sit On The Floor And Learn / Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? / Why Are Media Houses Owing Their Staff? See Alarming List In Lagos Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.