Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,490 members, 7,847,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:36 AM

Help An Accounting Student Choose A Career Path - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help An Accounting Student Choose A Career Path (866 Views)

5 Career Path You Can Easily Gain Valuable Experience From Home / Pls Advice An Accounting Graduate: CFA Or ICAN? / Help A Brother! How Can I Choose A Career Path? I Studied Business Education! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help An Accounting Student Choose A Career Path by paulcr7: 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
I am a part 4 student of Acoounting. Right from my secondary school level, i have had a deep interest in financial accounting. I carried this interest into university and when I wrote my ICAN Ats 2 exam, i was the best in FA. But when I got to part 2, i did some courses in Economics and i started having interest in Economics, especially macro economics- public finance. I had the highest mark in one of my Economics exam. I even considered crossing to Economics but at the end, i didnt. In part 3, i started taking courses in Management accounting and my interest for it was aroused especially due to the fact that it involves helping business make important financial and non financial decisions. LAter on, i learnt about management consulting, which i see as an extension of what management accounting is about. I started reading into management consulting and recently, I particiupated in the CIMA global challenge, acting as a management consultant to a fictitious oil company. Now, am taking a course in public finance and my passion for it is being re kindled. Also, i attended a conference organised by NIM on investment management. As i learn more about investment banking, my passion for FA, especially financial analysis and investment decisions was once more increased. Presently, i am in a dilemna on which of these three(3) to choose from. I am in my part 4 already and i will soon leave the system. Also, am almost done with ICAn and i need to know the professional exam i should write next. My major considerations are; 1. i want a career/work that is not monotonous. I want a career where you meet with new challenges everyday. 2. I need a career that deals with decision making and not mere repetitive cycles. 3. I need a career which is more about being assigned a particular task with a time frame. Not a career of 8am -6pm everyday whether there is work or not. I prefer one in which there is flexibility of time on the work as long as the task is done. I need people working in these career paths already to give me advice on which of these 3 i should go into considering the 3 considerations listed above. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Help An Accounting Student Choose A Career Path by Bakare19: 7:11am On Jun 19, 2015
Hello Paulcr7. Do you school in OAU? Cos I remember NIM had a conference there some wks ago..
Re: Help An Accounting Student Choose A Career Path by paulcr7: 8:38am On Jun 21, 2015
their ile ife branch had a conference on investment management last week

(1) (Reply)

My Ordeal With An Ungrateful And Greedy Friend / I Need Help Please. / Urgent Vacancy!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.