Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t (1266 Views)

4 Things Samsung S8 Cannot Do That The Nots 8 Can Do / The Things Samsung S8 Can Do That The Iphone Cannot Do / Why You Should Throw That Blackberry Away -tonye's Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t by miracle4(m): 1:28am On Jun 19, 2015
It might seem funny comparing a giant device like Blackberry q10 to a Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 (which is obviously a toy when compared).

We don’t see the two as being equal in any way but will pick out some basic built-in features of Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 which isn’t found on a blackberry q10 smart phone.

The Smart Phones

Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282: Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 is the cheapest Dual-SIM Jelly Bean smart phone of 2013. Bought mine for about NGN11,000 ($55) from Callus miller, Port Harcourt.

I made it my primary device simply because of the battery life, I do nothing else with it other than receive and make phone calls, the battery can last as much as 3 days during weekend and less when used for internet related activities.

I decided to dump the device for other of my secondary devices before buying a Blackberry Q10 device from Konga.

Blackberry Q10: Blackberry Q10 needs no introduction as it is one of the flagship devices from BlackBerry Limited (Formerly Research In Motion [RIM]) running on the latest Blackberry 10 Operating systems (OS).

I bought one recently and have shared tips such as the download link for opera mini bb10 and Google play store alternatives for Blackberry 10 devices.

The List

As already noted, this two devices can’t be compared feature-wise, amount and/or other wise. They are miles apart in functions, one is sold for about NGN45,000 ($226) while the other is sold for about NGN11,000 ($55).

Our post today is about the 7 basic things a Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 smart phone does that a Blackberry Q10 smart phone can’t do.

No 3rd party app is referenced at this point, since our focus is on the built-in functions that isn’t found on the Blackberry Q10 but is found on Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282.

1. Auto-redial

Auto-redial function isn’t one of the most wanted features for a regular smart phone user but could be so useful in some cases.

A smart phone user that travels a lot or make calls to persons from rural locations will need this feature badly, it saves you the stress of manually dialing a number that failed due to poor network, busy call and sundry.

This feature is built-in with a Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 and can be accessed from call settings but not found on a Blackberry Q10 smart phone.

2. Call Blacklist

While a Blackberry Q10 smart phone allows you to get access to regular call barring features, it won’t allow you to bar specific numbers and/or persons from calling you.

Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282 in the other hand, do not only block specific numbers and/or persons but can block every unknown numbers (mostly spammers) from bugging your life.

Continue Reading:

1 Like

Re: 7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t by Jboyossai(m): 1:49am On Jun 19, 2015
Hmmm, team samsung
Re: 7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t by modskiller(m): 6:22am On Jun 19, 2015
^^Team BB 9810 Torch 2 angry
Re: 7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t by miracle4(m): 7:21am On Jun 19, 2015
Jboyossai:
Hmmm, team samsung[/q[quote author=modskiller post=34914188]^^Team BB 9810 Torch 2 angry
uote] You can't be a fan of a brand or device forever, our world of today is a dynamic one. As time goes on you will love, hate and frown at some of your most loved brands and/or devices
Re: 7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t by Dabss(m): 7:24am On Jun 19, 2015
The important things from your list is Call and sms blacklist. moreover, there are apps on the blackberry app store you can install for that (not free though).
Re: 7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t by miracle4(m): 8:04am On Jun 19, 2015
Dabss:
The important things from your list is Call and sms blacklist. moreover, there are apps on the blackberry app store you can install for that (not free though).
if you start going the route of apps, then it will be like a million things the Android does that a BlackBerry 10 can't do.

Some features you don't see as important might be very important to others, have you ever been on a steering only to be stopped by one silly call from a former boss? We get lots of airtime sent via text before the popularity of mobile banking apps.

You don't expect me to write down a recharge card pin on a paper before loading it on the damn phone or do you?
Re: 7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t by Whizpeter(m): 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
Mtcheeeeew.... *Spits On Thread* *Walks Out*
Re: 7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t by zenith4biz(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
F
Re: 7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t by miracle4(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
Whizpeter:
Mtcheeeeew.... *Spits On Thread* *Walks Out*
shocked
Re: 7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t by miracle4(m): 11:21am On Jul 13, 2015
Blockit for Blackberry 10 app (about $1) seems to do the call blacklist feature perfectly.
It is available in the BlackBerry App World

(1) (Reply)

12 Things You Never Knew About Setting Up A Strong Password / My Infinix Zero X506 Is Hanging / Is The 500mb For 500 Naira Stable Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.