Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Wouldn’t You Love To Be In His Shoes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wouldn’t You Love To Be In His Shoes? (453 Views)

Prophet Make's Congregation Kiss His Shoes For Miracle Money (pix And Video) / Why Do You Love God? / As A Christian, How Do You Love God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wouldn’t You Love To Be In His Shoes? by ugodie(f): 2:04am On Jun 19, 2015
The Bible is a book that is replete with genealogies. It makes a clumsy reading and I have had to ignore ‘this begat that and that begat that’ until it dawned on me that there must be a purpose for it. It shows that family is truly important to God and he cares about our lineage. God adopts us into his family immediately we surrender our hearts to him. Even in the midst of the multitude, God can locate whoever he wishes to favour because he knows everyone by name. It is not out of place to question where ordinary people find the strength to accomplish extraordinary feats.

Jabez was a man that was destined for distinction by God. In the midst of the roll call of the tribe of Judah, God singled him out for recognition. There was nothing prior to the mention of his name in 1 Chronicles 4:9 that he would be so much favoured or rise to such prominence. The roll call paused to introduce him with his peculiar condition indicating something spectacular, his image was in tatters and he could not hold his own amongst his peers. One thing though stood him out from the pack. He recognised that his situation was subject to change and he never gave up. With the approach he took, he became a limit breaker. God honours faith whenever it is expressed. His special recognition catapulted him to a rare place of the mighty and gave him a place amongst the revered.

His mother named him Jabez meaning ‘sorrow maker’ according to the amplified version of the bible or pain in some other translations. The bible did not expatiate or take us back to what happened earlier in her life to warrant such a hateful and unusual name for an innocent child. I would try and hazard a guess; maybe her husband died before she gave birth to the boy; maybe she had him out of wedlock and was left alone by her folks to cater for the pregnancy; maybe she was disowned by her parents when she brought the disgrace of an unwanted pregnancy to the family; maybe it was a protracted labour; so many maybe’s but the result became a man with a poor self image who knew he was living beyond his God-ordained calling.

Every labour comes with a tinge of pain but something about Jabez’ made his mother to memorialise it in her son’s name. His name became an impediment to him. He tried his hands on so many viable ventures all to no avail; he may have tried to pry the reason for such a name out of his mother probably without any headway, so he beamed his searchlight on God having heard of his wonders and the miracles he wrought in the lives of the Hebrews. Despite his unpredictable future, he had hope of a transformed life. He realised an effective image should be consistent with one’s vision in life. He got himself to take action because ‘for every disciplined effort there is a multiple reward’, a la John Rohn.

Nobody loves pain or sorrow not to talk of having it as a name, a constant reminder that nothing good will ever happen to such a person. Even armed robbers/kidnappers/terrorists who deliberately inflict pain on their victims beg for mercy when apprehended by law enforcement agents indicating that pain is abhorred by all living beings. Faced with the possibility of living a very miserable life, Jabez decided to take his future in his hands. He prayed a short prayer that catapulted him to incredible success.

He became aware that for his situation to change, he had to do something drastic or perish. For a change to come, you must know firstly you have a need. Secondly, you will seek help form a higher being, in his case, he sought God. Thirdly, you must act because faith without works is dead. When all these are put in place, a favourable answer is inevitable. Anyone can have the same result that Jabez had with a right mindset and definiteness of purpose. Our God abounds in blessings. Jabez prayed a four-point prayer.

Oh that you would bless me indeed; he felt he wasn’t blessed at all. He may have watched his friends do exploits and wondered why his case was different. He definitely didn’t belong to the ‘happening’ group. His endeavours may have suffered several setbacks hence, the request to God for a real blessing, the type that would be evident for all to see without having to shout it or tell people.

And enlarge my territory; he wasn’t comfortable with the status quo. His expectation fell short of what he desired. There is nothing wrong in aspiring for greater things if the one you are entreating his favour has the capacity to do much more. He didn’t feel he was disturbing God as God couldn’t be scared by our requests.

That your hand would be with me; he knew unless God is with a man, he is not likely to achieve much or make much impact in life. He needed God’s covering and protection without which the blessings may not last. Whatever God gives someone, he protects and preserves from all harm and predators because he only gives lasting riches and honour.

That you would keep me from evil; evil is everywhere human beings can be found. Man does not have the strength to ward off evil as it comes. He needs help from his creator. God is good and it is his delight to help his people achieve utmost satisfaction in their daily lives.

God granted his request and he began to live large for God. What an indescribable beautiful experience. In the heart of God is nothing but love. Peace is to be found in God because He is more durable than the mountains. With him there is stability and permanence that invite the fullest confidence. His blessings are not laden with sorrow.

There will never be a time when God’s love for his children will wane neither will there be an occasion when he will cease to hear their petitions and supply their needs. God is ever merciful and generous. Just like Jabez, your story too can change for the better. You only have to recognise your need for a change, take action and call on the one who has the answers.

You have to be aware that God is not overwhelmed by your requests. There is no problem to which he does not know the solution. Nor is there any difficulty so great but he knows the way out. God has the resources to alter your unpleasant situation or whatever condition that has plagued you for years. You can change any situation you are not comfortable with by reprogramming and reorganising your mind to make room for that which you sincerely desire.

You are responsible for your thoughts, so be wise and earnestly covet the best from God always. Remember Jabez and the amazing transformation his prayer and cry for help brought him. He displayed a rare form of courage and boldness; he wasn’t scared of being accused of asking for ‘too much’. He may not have conferred with anyone before making his petitions because he didn’t want any discouragement as he was already tired of his situation, afterall, he had nothing to lose. He got what he wanted and became the reference point in his day.

Giving up shouldn’t be an option for anyone who is desirous of standing out from the bunch. Nothing is impossible for the one who is determined to achieve his purpose. You may be the next in line for a miracle, only if you ask.
Re: Wouldn’t You Love To Be In His Shoes? by donholy28(m): 4:42am On Jun 19, 2015
Ur story long but na d topic i go reply....did I tell u my shoes are paining me?
Re: Wouldn’t You Love To Be In His Shoes? by An2elect2(f): 6:35am On Jun 19, 2015
lol

(1) (Reply)

Is Christianity Boring? / The Summery Of Pope Encyclical / How To Escape Depression’s Pull

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.