Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Nigerian Finds Suitor Via Radio Appeal In Kano - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Finds Suitor Via Radio Appeal In Kano (1059 Views)

Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love / 2 Sisters Die The Same Day & Time In Kano (Photos) / Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Finds Suitor Via Radio Appeal In Kano by Mopolchi: 7:59am On Jun 19, 2015
A woman who went on radio to appeal for a
husband in the northern Nigerian city of Kano
has found a suitor, journalist Nasiru Zango has
told the BBC.

Mr Zango, who works at Freedom Radio, said
Zainab Abdulmalik, 22, made the appeal on
Tuesday, asking prospective husbands to come
to the station the next day.

Hundreds of men turned up, lured by her promise to give the one she chose a car and house, Mr
Zango said.

Many Nigerians are poor and unemployed.
Young men flocked to the station's offices and
staff had to call in the police who whisked Ms
Abdulmalik away, Mr Zango said.

But not before she had made her choice. The details of the man have not been released.

Ms Abdulmalik, a successful market trader, told
Nigeria's Daily Trust paper that she resorted to
this unusual method of finding a husband
because "I invested about five million naira
($25,000; £15,800) on my lover but he jilted me,
after all I have done for him".

BBC Hausa's Jimeh Saleh says it is unheard of
for a woman to find a husband in this way in
Nigeria.

The most common method of finding a spouse in the mainly Muslim city of Kano is through
arranged marriages, or marrying a relative,
although this is changing now, he says.
Source:
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-33187099

Re: Nigerian Finds Suitor Via Radio Appeal In Kano by Mopolchi: 8:01am On Jun 19, 2015
See men. Nobody wan carry last. CC: RoyalRoy front page thing
Re: Nigerian Finds Suitor Via Radio Appeal In Kano by importexpert(m): 8:05am On Jun 19, 2015
Naija men r insensible. Dnt u thinK that for a wealthy 22yr old lady to find husband in radio station she must have a very big question man?
Re: Nigerian Finds Suitor Via Radio Appeal In Kano by sweettease(f): 10:18am On Jun 19, 2015
Some men will still talk about females being gold diggers like it's something no man will ever try

(1) (Reply)

If You Had To Marry Your Partner Where You Meet Them, Where Would It Be?? Pics / Mum Refuses To Break Into Expensive BMW To Save Toddler Son From Heat / Altar Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.