Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love (29218 Views)

Girl ‘Punches’ Nigerian Dad At US Army Promotion Ceremony (Video) / 12-Year-Old Delta Bride Married Off To An Old Man, Rescued In Edo / Ghanaian Lady Married To A 90-Year-Old White Man Slams Her Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by ThisTrend(f): 10:00am On Oct 11, 2017
Lady who was given out to a man older than her father at 18 and attempted suicide three times finds love again!

To celebrate her wedding anniversary, Nigerian lady Mercy Makinde shared a touching story of how she was given out in marriage to a man older than her father when she was 18 and how she attempted to commit suicide three times.

According to her, 'If you don't know my story, you won't understand my glory. Given out to a man older than my own father at age 18. Abused Physically, Emotionally, Sexually, Verbally and Mentally for 11 years. Attempted Suicide three times. Lost my Self Esteem, Confidence and sense of being. Was disconnected from family , friends, church and society at large.

But God came through! Rescued me from the valley of shadow of death! He gave me a second chance at life and marriage! Blessed me with a man that loves and cherishes me. He Restored all that I had lost over the years. Blessed me with two more children after it was said I will never have children again! He turned my Misery to a Ministry...my Mess to a Message!

On this day years ago, God compensated me for all the years of agony and pains and gave me Beauty for Ashes. I have plenty reasons to celebrate! .

Source: https://wobegist.com/2017/10/11/lady-given-man-older-father-18-attempted-suicide-three-times-finds-love/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by DanielsParker(m): 11:23am On Oct 11, 2017
We all have got pasts.

Enjoy your marriage and your new found love.

Congratulations

30 Likes

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by sobmos(m): 11:23am On Oct 11, 2017
Thank God for her life

1 Like

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by princechiemekam(m): 11:24am On Oct 11, 2017
K
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 11, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by Lomprico2: 11:24am On Oct 11, 2017
No b dat woman whey throw bash for her husband?
Whey make d man dey cry

42 Likes

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by Desyner: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2017
In which region ?
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by sobmos(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2017
DanielsParker:
ok
Guy you wicked o. Which network you dey use sef?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2017
I SEE DELIBERATE SARCASM!! embarassed
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by tinny898(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2017
is no new tin
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by teacherbim(f): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2017
Love is sweet when you are with the right one.

7 Likes

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by ElPadrino33: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2017
This is the Lady that threw her husband a surprise birthday party some days back. She just dey trend anyhow.

23 Likes

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by toyinjimoh(m): 11:26am On Oct 11, 2017
I can't marry against my parent wish....mba
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by free2ryhme: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2017
ThisTrend:
Lady who was given out to a man older than her father at 18 and attempted suicide three times finds love again!

To celebrate her wedding anniversary, Nigerian lady Mercy Makinde shared a touching story of how she was given out in marriage to a man older than her father when she was 18 and how she attempted to commit suicide three times.

According to her, 'If you don't know my story, you won't understand my glory. Given out to a man older than my own father at age 18. Abused Physically, Emotionally, Sexually, Verbally and Mentally for 11 years. Attempted Suicide three times. Lost my Self Esteem, Confidence and sense of being. Was disconnected from family , friends, church and society at large.

But God came through! Rescued me from the valley of shadow of death! He gave me a second chance at life and marriage! Blessed me with a man that loves and cherishes me. He Restored all that I had lost over the years. Blessed me with two more children after it was said I will never have children again! He turned my Misery to a Ministry...my Mess to a Message!

On this day years ago, God compensated me for all the years of agony and pains and gave me Beauty for Ashes. I have plenty reasons to celebrate! .

Source: https://wobegist.com/2017/10/11/lady-given-man-older-father-18-attempted-suicide-three-times-finds-love/

Makinde just dey popular dey go sha
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by DanielsParker(m): 11:26am On Oct 11, 2017
sobmos:
Guy you wicked o. Which network you dey use sef?

Lol. Try again next time
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by emmabest2000(m): 11:27am On Oct 11, 2017
DanielsParker:
We all have got pasts.

Enjoy your marriage and your new found love.

Congratulations

Still searching....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by Nat2008(m): 11:27am On Oct 11, 2017
Happy for you
happy Family
I pray � it doesn't crash
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by kay29000(m): 11:28am On Oct 11, 2017
She found a great guy. Good for her.

1 Like

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by wahzupguy(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2017
wehdone

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by abdulsemiu02(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2017
Since her name is "Mary" and she's not a Muslim and again she's not from the North. They won't come here to rant. Idiotic fellows

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by Adukey(f): 11:31am On Oct 11, 2017
Beautiful family, everlasting love and happiness shall locate me too very soon.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by MrBigiman: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2017
Note that he is not your real husband. Period
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by medolab90(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2017
nice

RIP BUKOLA
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by shurley22(f): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2017
Awwwww...thank God for her life.
Not everyone is that lucky

2 Likes

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by nikkypearl(f): 11:33am On Oct 11, 2017
Nothing new...
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by IMASTEX: 11:33am On Oct 11, 2017
Congrats to the new her
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2017
No be this woman arrange surprise birthday for her husband some weeks back? I'm curious though wetin happen to the old man?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by maxiuc(m): 11:34am On Oct 11, 2017
angry angry angry

So as you tell us now so Wetin you want make we do

Jump into a boiling acid or make we fry codeine

Some people can't just keep their past to themselves

sad angry sad angry sad sad angry
Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by Divay22(f): 11:35am On Oct 11, 2017
Same lady that arrange a surprise birthday party for her husband..
Now we know the story behind their love smiley
All the best Ma

2 Likes

Re: Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love by Adaumunocha(f): 11:35am On Oct 11, 2017
Never give up on true love... In Jobe's voice, All these boys that are philandering about na una sabi...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance / How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.