Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Itching An Adverse Effect Of ANTI Malaria Drugs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Itching An Adverse Effect Of ANTI Malaria Drugs (4585 Views)

There Are No Killer Anti-malaria Drugs In Nigeria - NAFDAC / Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria / 3 Major Ingredients Of Energy Drinks And Their Adverse Effects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Itching An Adverse Effect Of ANTI Malaria Drugs by o3one: 11:16am On Jun 19, 2015
The adverse effect of some antimalaria drugs such as itching had been linked 2 amodiaquine containing drugs on some individuals. pls can health practioners in d house help shed light on its possible cause and solutions
Re: Itching An Adverse Effect Of ANTI Malaria Drugs by 3ace(m): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2015
Yes o, I also need information on this. I used to take antimalaria drugs in the past due to frequent malaria and my body always itches especially when I take chloroquine. For a long time too, my body always itches after bath even though I now treat malaria once or twice a year. People have said it's allergy that there's something I'm doing to my body that is responsible for the itching. They said(a doctor and a pharmacist) until I desist from that habit, it won't stop. I have pondered over it and I can't seem to think of any. So in relation to this thread, can the side effect of antimalaria drugs which is itching in this case still be present in the body system even after so many years of abstaining from chloroquine? Or put better, can antimalaria drugs cause body itching after bath in some people?

(1) (Reply)

Married In Court,and Found Out My Wife Has Fibroid. / Enugu Government Moves To Recruit More Nurses / Reasons You Should Stop Eating Shawarma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.