Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? (1647 Views)

Okorocha Tells Priests & Laity In Ahiara Diocese To Obey The Pope’s Directive / When a government is becoming ungodly: should Christians continue to obey? / I Choose To Obey God - US Court Clerk Resigns Instead Of Issuing License To Gay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
Shall we obey God's Law or human law?

Acts 5:29 and Romans 13:1; I Peter 2:13-14

Obey God's Law:

"Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men" (Acts 5:29)

Obey Human law:

"Let every soul be in subject to the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God" (Romans 13:1)

"Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king as supreme; Or to governors, as to them that are sent by him for the punishment of evil doers, and for the praise of them that do well"" (1 Peter 2:13-14).
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by jnrbayano(m): 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
You disobey constituted authorities if they tell you to go against the word of God. Take a cue from the story of Shedrack, Meshak and Abedinego.

You don't disobey constituted authority because you feel like doing so (selfish gains) St Paul warns about it.
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by menesheh(m): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Obey God's Law:

"Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men" (Acts 5:29)

Obey Human law:

"Let every soul be in subject to the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God" (Romans 13:1)

"Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king as supreme; Or to governors, as to them that are sent by him for the punishment of evil doers, and for the praise of them that do well"" (1 Peter 2:13-14).

You ever try God's law and forget that of human, you will see yourself in prison. But if you disobeyed God's law, nothing happens

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by johnydon22(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
menesheh:

You ever try God's law and forget that of human, you will see yourself in prison. But if you disobeyed God's law, nothing happens

Like stoning your none virgin brides to death... grin

2 Likes

Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by DuchessLily(f): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
jnrbayano:
You disobey constituted authorities if they tell you to go against the word of God. Take a cue from the story of Shedrack, Meshak and Abedinego.

You don't disobey constituted authority because you feel like doing so (selfish gains) St Paul warns about it.

weldone! Very good explanation

U wrote my mind
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

REALLY

So you gonna stone a child to death because your god said so and go to jail?
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by jnrbayano(m): 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
ifeness:

REALLY

So you gonna stone a child to death because your god said so and go to jail?

Why not read and understand.
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by jnrbayano(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
DuchessLily:

weldone! Very good explanation

U wrote my mind

Thanks
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
jnrbayano:

Why not read and understand.

OK tell me what law of your god you would obey as opposed to the state's ?
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by jnrbayano(m): 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
ifeness:

OK tell me what law of your god you would obey as opposed to the state's ?

What laws of God do you know?
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
jnrbayano:

I asked you a question.
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by jnrbayano(m): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
ifeness:

I asked you a question.

I want to know if we have the same belief system.

Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
jnrbayano:

I want to know if we have the same belief system.

What law of your bible god would you rather obey than the state's? Is that a difficult question for you to answer??
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by jnrbayano(m): 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
ifeness:

What law of your bible god would you rather obey than the state's? Is that a difficult question for you to answer??

I cannot answer you. No point.

The bold is a marker.
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
jnrbayano:

I cannot answer you. No point.

The bold is a marker.

You cannot answer because I used "your god". You claim to have a god whose laws you would rather obey,so I asked which laws would you rather than the state's. Fair enough,looks like you are ashamed to say it.

1 Like

Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by jnrbayano(m): 2:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
ifeness:

You cannot answer because I used "your god". You claim to have a god whose laws you would rather obey,so I asked which laws would you rather than the state's. Fair enough,looks like you are ashamed to say it.

What do you care about my God?
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
jnrbayano:

What do you care about my God?

Nothing....not one bit. Just curious to know the laws you hold with high esteem.
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by jnrbayano(m): 2:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
ifeness:

Nothing....not one bit. Just curious to know the laws you hold with high esteem.

So don't be curious about nothing (according to you)

1 Like

Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
jnrbayano:

So don't be curious about nothing (according to you)

You are ashamed to mention your ridiculous laws.
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by jnrbayano(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
ifeness:

You are ashamed to mention your ridiculous laws.

You cannot goad me

Sorry.

1 Like

Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by MeandSum: 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
ifeness:

don't mind him. He'll run away fast fast now. Because his bible and Koran are the main sponsors of evil in this world.
How else can you trust a god that has a "favorite people", or a god that says to mass murder people or better, a god that says to r@pe for him, tolerate incest ... .

1 Like

Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Obey God's Law:

Obey Human law:

Suggested answer:

The simple answer is that Christians are to obey human law except where that human law violates God's Law. Our supreme duty is to obey God. Since God tells us to also obey human laws, we should. But, when they come in conflict, we are to "obey God rather than men."

https://carm.org/shall-we-obey-gods-law-or-human-law
Re: What Should We Obey, God's Law Or Human Law? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
jnrbayano:

Well said. wink

(1) (Reply)

"Selfie" Are An Abomination In The Eyes Of The Lord. POPE FRANCIS / Complete Freedom From Family Bondage / Fathers Of Faith:bishop David And Pastor Kumuyi Hugs At Day Of Prayer For Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.