Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

What Is Your Opinion About The Wedding Vows? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Opinion About The Wedding Vows? (719 Views)

Your Opinion: Do You Think King Pharoah Will Go To Hell? / The Wedding Day Is Not The Woman's Day But The Man / The Wedding Gown Worn By A Lord's Chosen Bride (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Opinion About The Wedding Vows? by preetyb(f): 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
I think it is not being implemented therefore should no longer be said by couples. Many say it because they are being ask by the pastors or who ever is in charge of the ceremonial vows to repeat it after them. Many don't even listen and understand what they quote or say as wedding vows, above all many take God for granted by taking vows in his presence and before his alter only to consider it not important after the marriage because of their selfish desires or so, when God already said “ it is better not to vow than to vow and not redeem”.

No wonder he said many perish for lack of knowledge. if only we know that making a vow is a covenant and also that failure to keep a covenant attracts consequences, let alone making vows before the presence of the almighty God only to break it latter, then will we think it twice before opening our mouth to say those vows. In my own opinion I think those vows should not be taking anymore atleast not before God. so we don't acquire his wrath upon us.

In other words if couple must take this vows then they must deem it fit to do everything right and possible to keep their marriages which is the same as keeping their wedding vows. What is your own opinion?
Re: What Is Your Opinion About The Wedding Vows? by obanqua(m): 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
Its not really about the vows, marriage is much more spiritual
Re: What Is Your Opinion About The Wedding Vows? by angieberry(f): 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
You're very right. People do not understand the implications of taking a vow, they don't know the consequences of a wedding vow. They just go to the altar and just say it because it's all part of the process of getting married. No wonder the divorce rate is high because they don't understand that a covenant, moreso one that is before God is supposed to be upheld.
Re: What Is Your Opinion About The Wedding Vows? by preetyb(f): 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
obanqua:
Its not really about the vows, marriage is much more spiritual

If marriage is spiritual then the vows are too. I think the vows are to always remind us of our covenant which was suppose to guide our steps when making some important decisions that can lead to the destruction of our marriages.
Re: What Is Your Opinion About The Wedding Vows? by blackberry101: 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
I think we blacks tend to join the bandwagon to scream; marriage is overrated!

(1) (Reply)

Panam Percy Pual Nearly Commits Suicide After Been Accused Of Seducing Girls / Ibadan! Understanding Worship Is At Your Doorstep / Christian Traditions And Doctrines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.