Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money (6964 Views)

What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? / Please Help Me,i Need To Pay My School Fee / Please Help Me,i Really Need A Job To Pay My School Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by saints2(f): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
Greetings to all in this forum,
Permit me to firstly apologize if this is the wrong section, I was confused on where to post it.

I started work as a Hub attendant with Jumia last year, ie 4th Dec., 2014, we are been asked to come to their Ikeja head office where we will be put into various sections, I was posted to be under Fancie Crops, which one Mr. Peter was part of them and also as the head of the driver, we are been told the rules and regulations and all the neccessary warnings, and after the whole introduction, one Mr. Tunji, TJ was asked to allocate us to our various post and places that are closer to us, and because I live around Ikoyi, I was posted to Yaba hub where a certain Ms. Theresa was the hub manager as at then.

During the December period, we are not paid a dime, and when we complained, we are been told they are updating our files and we will be paid too, I received an sms from Fancie Corps to come for re-registration as to have our data and so that we can be paid, I have to borrow 1000 naira from my mom to be able to go there, all these while, we have not been given a dime and while we worked from Monday to Sunday, we have two shifts, 7am-7pm and 11am-9pm every day. Those who are called the staffs were given their salary while the new ones were not given a dime, after we complained to the management in Ikeja, mind you, its not from my hub alone, we are many according to what I heard, they sent a text message that we should come back again to do re-registration cos what the company gave the Jumia was too much and they have to verify their claims, mind you, this is around January 15th or 16th, I met with a man there called Cletus, he is at the quarantine area at the new warehouse at Ikeja, he took my data and all my details, and told us around them (this is around January that our money will be paid, I think those in Ikeja too are having challenges with this same company).

We all went back to work, hoping they will keep to their words, and also people have been complaining to the Jumia HR at Ikeja about not paying, On 28th Feb., 2015, I was sacked, my reason for been sacked was not given, and they gave me 32,000 (note that we are meant to receive a total sum of 40-50,000 monthly) and when we asked of the remaining, I was told that Jumia will get to us, from Feburary till now, no calls, no mails, nothing was heard from Jumia. My pain was that those that were sacked was been accused of theft of an iphone 6s which looked quite stupid, and I was forunate that the security at the gate searched me thoroughly, they called the police to interogate, but later left.

From Feburary to June, My money is still hanging, I have made all the neccessary efforts I can including calling Mr. Cletus the man that took my data and pictures and he told me that he has been sacked, I dont know how true this is.

In all, I was owed 3 months, (from Dec to Feb)

Please I want to use this medium to call on Jumia to pay us, cos my other fellows are being owed like me...

JUMIA!!!, PLEASE PAY MY MONEY.

I wont mind if this gets a frontpage space.

Thanks and I am sorry if its quite long.

cc: lalasticlala, Seun

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
Now that oga lalasticlala is here, looking 4ward to see this accusation on FP....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by tosynbolade(m): 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
Oh my
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by saints2(f): 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
I believe it will get to the appropriate quarters...

Thanks for your input
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by lovely17(m): 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
after my roommate bought fake iPhone 5 online the dude lost 75k that day I hated buying things online nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by debetmx(m): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
Seun, we need to escalate this.

4 Likes

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by coolest0(m): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
Mod please get this to front page,

2 Likes

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by saints2(f): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
debetmx:
Seun, we need to escalate this.

Thanks

coolest0:
Mod please get this to front page,

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by asscb(f): 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
lalasticlala,over to you.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by 7footre(m): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
I'm bereft of words... we need to strengthen labour laws in this country of ours. you shouldn't treat employees anyhow and get away with it

5 Likes

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
*in David Oyedepo's voice* By the power of the Holy Spirit, I command you Jumia to pay him his arrears within 7 working days or face incurable madness. angry

Wait oh......who is Jumai Jumia sef?
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by tunesoft(m): 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
Jumia na fraud....seriously, when u wan buy from them..they go they jump up and down like dog wey dem wan give bone....buy finish make product get fault...them go turn back like say u dey yarn opas.....i bought wristwatches worth 40k from them....one of them had issues..only for them to say they don't do return for watches....watch wey I just buy set time...put am for table for 24 hours to see if it won't time -lag.....finis ooo....stupid people.....

4 Likes

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by tunesoft(m): 10:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
Meanwhile...can u imagine in one of their return rules...* u can't return a product that the seal has been broken*...tell me how will I know that the product get fault if I don't open the seal...? They are fools...na idiot be the lawyer wey draft those conditions I swear.......

5 Likes

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by JumiaOnline(m): 12:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
saints2:
Permit me to firstly apologize if this is the wrong section, I was confused on where to post it.

I started work as a Hub attendant with Jumia last year, ie 4th Dec., 2014, we are been asked to come to their Ikeja head office where we will be put into various sections, I was posted to be under Fancie Crops, which one Mr. Peter was part of them and also as the head of the driver, we are been told the rules and regulations and all the neccessary warnings, and after the whole introduction, one Mr. Tunji, TJ was asked to allocate us to our various post and places that are closer to us, and because I live around Ikoyi, I was posted to Yaba hub where a certain Ms. Theresa was the hub manager as at then.

During the December period, we are not paid a dime, and when we complained, we are been told they are updating our files and we will be paid too, I received an sms from Fancie Corps to come for re-registration as to have our data and so that we can be paid, I have to borrow 1000 naira from my mom to be able to go there, all these while, we have not been given a dime and while we worked from Monday to Sunday, we have two shifts, 7am-7pm and 11am-9pm every day. Those who are called the staffs were given their salary while the new ones were not given a dime, after we complained to the management in Ikeja, mind you, its not from my hub alone, we are many according to what I heard, they sent a text message that we should come back again to do re-registration cos what the company gave the Jumia was too much and they have to verify their claims, mind you, this is around January 15th or 16th, I met with a man there called Cletus, he is at the quarantine area at the new warehouse at Ikeja, he took my data and all my details, and told us around them (this is around January that our money will be paid, I think those in Ikeja too are having challenges with this same company).

We all went back to work, hoping they will keep to their words, and also people have been complaining to the Jumia HR at Ikeja about not paying, On 28th Feb., 2015, I was sacked, my reason for been sacked was not given, and they gave me 32,000 (note that we are meant to receive a total sum of 40-50,000 monthly) and when we asked of the remaining, I was told that Jumia will get to us, from Feburary till now, no calls, no mails, nothing was heard from Jumia. My pain was that those that were sacked was been accused of theft of an iphone 6s which looked quite stupid, and I was forunate that the security at the gate searched me thoroughly, they called the police to interogate, but later left.

From Feburary to June, My money is still hanging, I have made all the neccessary efforts I can including calling Mr. Cletus the man that took my data and pictures and he told me that he has been sacked, I dont know how true this is.

Please I want to use this medium to call on Jumia to pay us, cos my other fellows are being owed like me...

We are sorry about this unfortunate situation you reported. However, kindly send a mail to communityATjumia.com.ng with your contact details and Staff number so that we can contact HR immediately about this issue. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by fisaylab: 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
JumiaOnline:

We are sorry about this unfortunate situation you reported. However, kindly send a mail to communityATjumia.com.ng with your contact details and Staff number so that we can contact HR immediately about this issue. Thank you.

Please re-direct your mail,didnt you read the story,your statement mean something else to me,clearify the allegation first.

Thank you for the quick response.

Secondly,why are you single him out,dont you have their details and how are you so sure,you are own him,like you just rightly admitted here.

Clearify the allegation and tender to us what went wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by JumiaOnline(m): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
saints2:

We apologize for this experience. Kindly send a mail to serviceATjumia.com.ng with your contact details for verification of claim. Once this has been done, kindly reply with your email address. Thank you.
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by fisaylab: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
JumiaOnline:

We

apologize for this experience. Kindly send a mail to service@ with your contact details for verification of claim. Once this has been done, kindly reply with your email address. Thank you.

Good
Please keep us posted here as soon as the issue has been resolved
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by saints2(f): 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
JumiaOnline:

We apologize for this experience. Kindly send a mail to service@ with your contact details for verification of claim. Once this has been done, kindly reply with your email address. Thank you.

I have since sent an email to the mail you sent to me, I am yet to see their reply, call or SMS...

Please help me to tell Jumia to pay me ooo, I worked for them without stealing or absenting myself for the whole time I worked with them, let them pay me ooo.

Oga lalasticlala, abeg do the needful na
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by saints2(f): 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
fisaylab:

Please re-direct your mail,didnt you read the story,your statement mean something else to me,clearify the allegation first.

Thank you for the quick response.

Secondly,why are you single him out,dont you have their details and how are you so sure,you are own him,like you just rightly admitted here.

Clearify the allegation and tender to us what went wrong.

Thank you my brother, I am yet to say same thing oo
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by saints2(f): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
JumiaOnline:

We apologize for this experience. Kindly send a mail to service@ with your contact details for verification of claim. Once this has been done, kindly reply with your email address. Thank you.

Up till now, your Jumia is yet to reply or call for investigation.

Lalasticlala, please you help is need here.
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by lalasticlala(m): 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
JumiaOnline:

pls attend to this, or do you want it on fp?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by Saraha1(f): 8:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
Make I sitdown they watch.

1 Like

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by saints2(f): 12:36am On Jul 08, 2015
lalasticlala:

pls attend to this, or do you want it on fp?

Dear Lalasticlala, its been a month now and these are the mails I got from them, no calls or emails to verify, they put me on automated mail...

Your request "Jumia Pay My Money!!!" has been marked as solved by Ikogho Ofejiro.

To reopen the ticket, please reply directly to this email.

Ikogho Ofejiro (Jumia Customer Service)

Jul 7, 17:40

Dear xlxlxlxlxlx,

Thank you for choosing

We sincerely apologize for the experience that you had with us.

Please be informed that we are working on this issue and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

We implore that you kindly exercise some patience.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at service@ or call us on 0700 6000 000 for further assistance.

Kind regards,
Jumia Customer Experience Team
www./
To track your order: www./track

Anuoluwapo Bello (Jumia Customer Service)

Jul 1, 13:15

Dear xlxlxlxlxlx,

This is just a quick note to inform you that a review of your request has been determined and that our Tier 2 support team will be best in pursuing a solution with you.

We have escalated this ticket to that team, who will be in touch as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Jumia Customer Service Team
To track your order
www./track

xlxllxlxllxlxlx

Jun 30, 20:16

Dear Jumia,I opened a thread about the failure of the management to pay me my money after working from December to Feburary 28th, its well documented here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2390876/jumia-please-pay-money
If you want to verify my claims and allegations, I am ready for you, My contact is xlxlxlxlx

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 08, 2015
Hmmmmmm.. Let me how this ends cheesy
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by asscb(f): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
Lalasticlala.....

Just in case
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by saints2(f): 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hmmmm,
Ok, this is how it goes ooo,
I finally got contracted by on the Communications Manager and I think the HR whatsoever, and the this is their stand that I never worked for Jumia Nigeria and that Jumia never contracted me that all dealings were strictly with FANCIE CORPS. Hmmmm

She also said something that shocked me but I let it go, that I only signed in 5 times in December and 12 times in January, and this got me thinking cos we never have such in Yaba where I worked.

Anyhow it feels, I felt its my responsibility to relay what really transpired between us cos I knew they recorded our conversations and I knew I worked with all my heart and might. Either Jumia or Fancie pays or not, posterity shall be the judge.

Thanks to all those who have pushed this so far, to my oga lalasticlala, thanks alot and to all those what have shared and liked it, I am deeply grateful.

I am open to any question or panel of enquiry someone want to set up.

But for now.... I am out.

God bless Jumia, God bless Nairaland, God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by asscb(f): 12:04am On Jul 12, 2015
saints2:
Hmmmm,
Ok, this is how it goes ooo,
I finally got contracted by on the Communications Manager and I think the HR whatsoever, and the this is their stand that I never worked for Jumia Nigeria and that Jumia never contracted me that all dealings were strictly with FANCIE CORPS. Hmmmm

She also said something that shocked me but I let it go, that I only signed in 5 times in December and 12 times in January, and this got me thinking cos we never have such in Yaba where I worked.

Anyhow it feels, I felt its my responsibility to relay what really transpired between us cos I knew they recorded our conversations and I knew I worked with all my heart and might. Either Jumia or Fancie pays or not, posterity shall be the judge.

Thanks to all those who have pushed this so far, to my oga lalasticlala, thanks alot and to all those what have shared and liked it, I am deeply grateful.

I am open to any question or panel of enquiry someone want to set up.

But for now.... I am out.

God bless Jumia, God bless Nairaland, God bless Nigeria.
cool
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by saints2(f): 12:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
I got a call from the MD of Fancie Corps, the man was just down to earth and quite superb, he spoke to me and tried to verified some missing info, at the end, I spoke my mind to him that I am not for any witch hunting of any such or any inflamation of any such.

If the HR of Jumia has spoken just as Fancie Corps MD has spoken, this issue would have been resolved long ago. Of a truth there are politics and games going on in Jumia, and until when we do the right thing and a total overhaul of some useless people in positions, the rights of some people will continue to be stepped on by some certain cabals.

Let me say it loud and clear that I am not for any witch hunting or any deflamation of character of any company.

God bless you all.
Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by JumiaOnline(m): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
saints2:
I got a call from the MD of Fancie Corps, the man was just down to earth and quite superb, he spoke to me and tried to verified some missing info, at the end, I spoke my mind to him that I am not for any witch hunting of any such or any inflamation of any such.

If the HR of Jumia has spoken just as Fancie Corps MD has spoken, this issue would have been resolved long ago. Of a truth there are politics and games going on in Jumia, and until when we do the right thing and a total overhaul of some useless people in positions, the rights of some people will continue to be stepped on by some certain cabals.

Let me say it loud and clear that I am not for any witch hunting or any deflamation of character of any company.

God bless you all.

Thank you for the feedback.

Please note once again that your contract was never with Jumia and such no legal agreement making Jumia directly obligated to you.

Kindly direct all queries to Fancie Corps. Do feel free to reach out to our Customer Service helpdesk, should you require assistance reaching Fancie Corp.

Kindly refrain from including Jumia in any remuneration-related complaint, and resolve with Fancie Corps; the 3rd party company that offered you employment.

We appreciate your feedback and wish you success in all your endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by somez(m): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
Cranky talk
JumiaOnline:

Please note once again that your contract was never with Jumia and such no legal agreement making Jumia directly obligated to you.

Kindly direct all queries to Fancie Corps. Do feel free to reach out to our Customer Service helpdesk, should you require assistance reaching Fancie Corp.

Kindly refrain from including Jumia in any remuneration-related complaint, and resolve with Fancie Corps; the 3rd party company that offered you employment.

Re: Jumia!!! Please Pay My Money by saints2(f): 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
JumiaOnline:

The Yorubas have an adage, they said, there is no way you will call the head of a dog without mentioning the pot used in cooking it. I know you are fighting for your name and repututation, the truth still remains that there is no way your name won't come into place as I worked directly for your company..

At my leisure time, I will give you ways you can curb this sort of things from happening in the future if all you allow. Jumia is a gathering of corrupt minded that needs adequate checks and balance.

God bless you all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secondary School Teachers' Recruitment In Kaduna State Ongoing / Green Spring International School Job Vacancy / My Observation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.