Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Should I Take This Job ? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This Job ? (17795 Views)

I Take God Name Beg Una Who Sabi This People? / Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? / Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take This Job ? by luvola(m): 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
Currently in an audit firm (A permanent job ) earning X amount of salary and it on the mainland. New opportunity materialized for accounting officer role ( To initiate payment processes to the end ) in VI and the pay is 53% morethan the former but it a six months contract job base on performance . I.e You may be retain base perform by finance account head and if you do not perform ,contract end.

Should he continue with the present job or take the new one.. N.B He is a bsc accounting graduate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Tycike: 4:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
Take the job and challenge yourself.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by luvola(m): 4:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
Tycike:
Take the job and challenge yourself.
0 - 1 ..No reasonable assurance that job may be retain that is the risk inherent currently.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by luvola(m): 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
Transport cost of the new job is estimated to be #10,500 while d former is 4500 base on monthly estimate.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by obinna2nv(m): 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
Omo no go!! another opportunity worth it might still come around..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by luvola(m): 5:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
obinna2nv:
Omo no go!! another opportunity worth it might still come around..
1 - 1
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2015
Congratulations! On your new job Luvola despite the fact I wasn't informed to share in the celebration. Audit firm opens your eye to the real accounting job plus it makes you sit well in any job. I would suggest you spend a considerable amount of years(at least 2-3yrs) before moving to another job.
The other Job is based on performance and you have to be on top at almost every time in order to be retained. No excuse for not getting result, you can't be lax and you have to be clinical in all assignment.
My take, Audit job is what took me to where I am today despite the fact that I did not spend a year in the audit firm.
Finally, ask experienced hands when it comes to things like this.... You either choose career or money.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by luvola(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
artisticallyart:
Congratulations! On your new job Luvola despite the fact I wasn't informed to share in the celebration. Audit firm opens your eye to the real accounting job plus it makes you sit well in any job. I would suggest you spend a considerable amount of years(at least 2-3yrs) before moving to another job.
The other Job is based on performance and you have to be on top at almost every time in order to be retained. No excuse for not getting result, you can't be lax and you have to be clinical in all assignment.
My take, Audit job is what took me where I am today despite the fact that I did not spend a year in the audit firm.
Finally, ask experienced hands when it comes to things like this.... You either choose career or money.
Thanks sir. 2 - 1 .. It was an internal recruitment via a close dude. With respect to audit e experience, I only know little because I still have a long way to go.
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by generaluthman: 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
Maybe
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by adonbilivit: 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
go for that new job but act like the company is on contract too. as you are on the job start hunting for better jobs...if you are able to get one before the 6 months elapses, ditch them!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by exlink10(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
I know you are still starting your carrier that why you are even considering moving to the new job and i assure you that you are been motivated cuz of money.

dont move. dats best

8 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Expsbterror(m): 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
Weigh it. Analyzing it objectively
Take it grin
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by millionboi(m): 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ask google

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by yorubaboiy: 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
take the risk
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by johnshagb(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
Take the latter, since you are out there to make more of X. While at it keep searching for another job that'll double the 53%

I'm confused with my own analysis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by ademega(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
Money is not everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by jamex93(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
he should take the job jor

wat even makes him to tink he will b dropped after 6months ?

lack of self confidence

better build up your confidence, take up d job and do it with the whole of your heart

wish u all d best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by newguy1(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
Money is everything it is after you have satisfy yourself u can start saying that nonsense that money is not everything.inbetween i didn't read ur story if it get u more than u already make bro go ahead

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
take it.
you must perform well, you ll be retained
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by jerryunit48: 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
luvola:
0 - 1 ..No reasonable assurance that job may be retain that is the risk inherent currently.
read my signature
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by bobcharly(m): 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
make i pass small time..

A boy calls FM radio station saying:
Boy: Hello, I found a lost bag with $
700,000,00, an ID card and a master card
belonging to one Mr Victor James, plot 4 Park
View Estate , Ikoyi
Presenter: You are such an honest boy! So, I
believe you want to return the bag?
Boy: No oooh, I dey Craze? For what? I just
want to dedicate a song to him.........play
me, My HELPER OOO
.....happy weekend... TGIF

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by afuye(m): 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
Life is all about risk...If you eventually get sacked in your current job, uh ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
take it
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by damola1: 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
What do you want in life?

This questions answers it all.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by labiola: 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
Guy, pls stay with the Audit firm for now and get relevant experience, pursue your professional qualification. Audit firm is a trainning ground.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by hadura29(m): 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
Learning....
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Emade(m): 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
As for me I believe u alone can make d best decision wish u d best

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
Car parked @ owners risk
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by okonelfg(m): 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
Leave the both job.....
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by olayincar(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
Bros continue with dat job
Re: Should I Take This Job ? by onome710(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
My advice; stay on this job. At least u have job security here plus I'm sure it'll give u a chance to gather lots of experience when u eventually want to move.
My 2 naira!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Job ? by inception101(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
Shoroniyen!!!!! U have a secured one and u have a contract based one? If u can challenge ursef go for it depending on d working condition and staffs and if u don't kno much about the working condition, pls stick to ur present job as a better one is around the corner...... a leap of faith/risk

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Making Your 8 Seconds Count Through Your CV / How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? / Who Got This Mail From Livessavers.org (documentation Officer Position)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.