Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds (36602 Views)

Dog Breeds Similar To The Nigerian ‘local Dog’ / Swap Rott, BB, Co, Mastiff, or other Breeds With A 32 INCHES HD LED TV / Panda Gsd/alsatian Breed, Rear Breed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by hekkyboi: 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
Jacksonville:
ok i got 2 alsatian breeds with me, a 4year old female and a 3month old male puppy...ßoth are troublesome,agressive and destructive ...
But trust me...i dey flog dem like mad nd dey obey me wella grin....

They attack visitors by attempting to tear their clothes with their sharp teeths and when u hang ur clothes,mehn dey will drag it down nd render dem rags..dey tore my 4 of my jeans in a day. I was so furious boiz gats to give dem d flogging of life...i feel disturbed wen i wanna dry my clothes,so d tin i do is chain dem or lock dem up...lolz...and dis gets me mad but funny tho'... Each time i appear , dey tend to rough me ...the only option i gat is flogging...proper flogging...so dey obey!!....

They re currently in detention gringringrin
whatis d full meaning of God?
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by moshould(m): 12:20am On Jun 23, 2015
I juz remember bingo now, dog wey dey chew gum ans also dey plan to leak sweet. No food for ghetto
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 23, 2015
Valfrankie:
OMG, I HATE DOGS, East or "WEST" German shepherd dog, I hate 'em all. And it takes special kinda grace for me not to run away from any dog not on leash. How do I treat my aversion to dogs crycrycry My brother once had a pet dog that bit me, the little devil doesn't listen to anybody except the owner angryangryangry
me too, d only one I like is bulldog and is because they don't grow large, they are always tiny.
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by ritababe(f): 1:10am On Jun 23, 2015
@Nljega/dygeasy
pls try and make the voting start by 6am, so that some of us can vote before going out to our place of work/school.
I was in class today from 8am to 6pm, I have to take a break to go and vote outside
thanks
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 23, 2015
How much is this small dog called (bulldog)
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Pearlyakin(m): 3:32am On Jun 23, 2015
CodeineJunkiee:

You bought the "kennel" grin grin cheesy nairalanders no go kill me sha
Mr man english no be my mother language,moreso some words do av ambiguous meaning.
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Pearlyakin(m): 3:36am On Jun 23, 2015
Walexz02:
we call this type of dog bingo here o
Mr man e no concern yu ooo,i want to go into production of all these exotic breed and i must learn abt dogs generally as a novice dats why am using dat one.
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by pomide(m): 7:27am On Jun 23, 2015
shitshappen:

nice dog, reminds me of my buddy DJ im so much in love him. Nearly ate him when he was young(pun) cos of his headaches. but now i can hadly stay without him. Dont know why boerboel dont like pics

as in ehn... when BoerBell start to bark at night.. like if u have two... just forget it mhen... go and sleep in another house
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by pomide(m): 7:29am On Jun 23, 2015
knyte:
am lost, she was pregnant but now shes nt anymore?
yep. .. I'd like to call it miscarriage! its about 4 months back.
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by wunmi590(m): 7:34am On Jun 23, 2015
ritababe:
@Nljega/dygeasy
pls try and make the voting start by 6am, so that some of us can vote before going out to our place of work/school.
I was in class today from 8am to 6pm, I have to take a break to go and vote outside
thanks

You miss road? grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Prodeegee(m): 7:46am On Jun 23, 2015
dancok:
me too, d only one I like is bulldog and is because they don't grow large, they are always tiny.

I won't laugh lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by chrisgurl(f): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2015
Jacksonville:
ok i got 2 alsatian breeds with me, a 4year old female and a 3month old male puppy...ßoth are troublesome,agressive and destructive ...

They attack visitors by attempting to tear their clothes with their sharp teeths and when u hang ur clothes,mehn dey will drag it down nd render dem rags..dey tore my 4 of my jeans in a day. I was so furious boiz gats to give dem d flogging of life...i feel disturbed wen i wanna dry my clothes,so d tin i do is chain dem or lock dem up...lolz...and dis gets me mad but funny tho'... Each time i appear , dey tend to rough me ...the only option i gat is flogging...proper flogging...so dey obey!!....

lolz.@ detention.....I have a 5year old female alsatian dog. She behaved exactly like your dogs when she was younger. She also destroyed any footwear that comes her way..lol! She was also picky with food. But now she eats anyting even coconut and pineapple..lol! And She definitely obeys every command.. grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by anthoniaz(f): 9:25am On Jun 23, 2015
wunmi590:

but most of the GSD I see don't eat much, but I have tried in many ways to make zara eat, she still don't eat much.
Same with mine, except for meat and fish or jo-jo can food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by anthoniaz(f): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2015
Jacksonville:

Mine is very stubborn and destructive too.Na flog I dey flog am too. smiley
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by anthoniaz(f): 9:43am On Jun 23, 2015
mencade5:
can gsd be fed eba or tuwo when their food stuff finish?

Wat other source of food do you normally feed them with?

Pls answer
It depends on your dog and how hungry it is.

Mine will just sniff the food and walk away unless he likes the aroma of the soup or he is very very hungry.
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by knyte(m): 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
pomide:

yep. .. I'd like to call it miscarriage! its about 4 months back.
Okay now I get
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
Treat your dog with love, provide them with food and water you are assured of something in return which is geniue love.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
Prodeegee:

I won't laugh lipsrsealed
how much can I get that in future
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by wunmi590(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
anthoniaz:

Same with mine, except for meat and fish or jo-jo can food.

You are right
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by knyte(m): 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
dancok:
Huh, tiny?
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Tylerdan(m): 8:51am On Jun 26, 2015
Reading through this trend I have laughed so much my sides ache. It's amazing to see how little most Nigerians know about dogs (some of you literally flog your dogs) and someone who is afraid of dogs things a bull dog will remain "small" this is hilarious.
Based on this I'm going to find time and put up a trend to show most dog owners how to train their dogs without resorting to violences. And for those who have phobias for the canines please don't go buying dogs without sorting through why you are afraid of dogs.
Finally please to all doggies (what I call dog lovers) please go online and read about you dog breed why they are not eating, why they chew up your shoes (buy them dog toys) etc.
Dogs are family members who can't speak their thoughts let's not treat them as furniture. That dog depends on you and it's your responsibility to live up to that trust.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by knyte(m): 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
Tylerdan:
Reading through this trend I have laughed so much my sides ache. It's amazing to see how little most Nigerians know about dogs (some of you literally flog your dogs) and someone who is afraid of dogs things a bull dog will remain "small" this is hilarious.
Based on this I'm going to find time and put up a trend to show most dog owners how to train their dogs without resorting to violences. And for those who have phobias for the canines please don't go buying dogs without sorting through why you are afraid of dogs.
Finally please to all doggies (what I call dog lovers) please go online and read about you dog breed why they are not eating, why they chew up your shoes (buy them dog toys) etc.
Dogs are family members who can't speak their thoughts let's not treat them as furniture. That dog depends on you and it's your responsibility to live up to that trust.
Looking forward to your post. Good one
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
I go to work and get back pretty late. Meanwhile my lady takes care of them until she travelled
Once had? What happend to dem? [/quote]
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by knyte(m): 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
Pls for those that still don't know about the dog walk. Pls contact myself, prodeegee, tylerdan, chucky234, smileysmiles, blasiangurl85, CodeineJunkiee for any info. Be a part of this
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Prodeegee(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
knyte:
Pls for those that still don't know about the dog walk. Pls contact myself, prodeegee, tylerdan, chucky234, smileysmiles, blasiangurl85, CodeineJunkiee for any info. Be a part of this
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by oluomoadebayo: 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
It's just about pure love.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by holyeye(m): 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
toyboy1:
Alsatians are generally friendly and smart.
Quick to learn and above all, obedient.
My dogs and I

Babaaaaaaa!

Where u dey all these years? You still dey Sok Town?

Abeg call ur guy. It has been ages...
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by emeka2847: 7:47am On Sep 08, 2015
But pure GSD dey carry tail go up? They should be touching ground na
BOUNTYDOG:
Black and tan gsd,white gsd and a boerboel belonging to Mr Fehintola,all bred from Bountydog Kennel .

Nice to watch them play together
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by YOLO1(m): 2:20am On May 16, 2016
Nice thread. Have got 3 questions to ask
1) is GSD the same as Alsatian
2) what's the monthly feeding cost for GSD
3) Can a first timer rear GSD or what's d best breed for a first timer?
Thanks
cc
prodeegee, tylerdan, chucky234, smileysmiles, blasiangurl85, CodeineJunkiee, knyte
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by CodeineJunkiee(m): 5:46am On May 16, 2016
YOLO1:
Nice thread. Have got 3 questions to ask
1) is GSD the same as Alsatian
2) what's the monthly feeding cost for GSD
3) Can a first timer rear GSD or what's d best breed for a first timer?
Thanks
cc
prodeegee, tylerdan, chucky234, smileysmiles, blasiangurl85, CodeineJunkiee, knyte

1) They are basically the same dog only with different names. It originally came from Germany reason the Germans call it their Shepherd while the British coined the "Alasatian' name for the dog. That pretty much answers your question.
2)There isn't really a price range. You feed your dog according to the resources available within you shikena grin. Some spend less than 10k a month to feed their dog, some higher... All fingers aren't equal
3) Yeah a first timer can raise a GSD as it's still the most intelligent dog breed around. Keeping a dog still boils down to No 2: the resources you have within you. For instance if you're living in a one room apartment with little or no compound. I wouldn't advise you to get a Caucasian or rottweiler as this type of dogs belong to the working class of dogs and they need space to exercise and move around. A lap dog ẹ.g a toy pomeranian, samoyed, Maltese or lhasa Apso would be your best bet in this case as these dogs are diminutive in nature. They'll suit the person's housing plans and would do just fine anywhere. You dig? Again some dogs are voracious eaters compared to some other dog breed. Caucasians and Boerboels eat like they hear from their other dogs that the world may be ending tomorrow. I hope all I've typed up here would give you an informed decision as to what dog breed suits you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Sobala: 5:20pm On May 16, 2016
Gsds are amazing dogs...looks amazing,very intelligent,can be trained in almost any possible way. However in nigeria here, the breed has been seriously bastardized. You see people calling almost anything a gsd and it's just sad. Wonderful dog to own though... Just got myself a show line (slant back as it's fondly called) puppy,loving the experience.
Re: 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds by Sobala: 5:45pm On May 16, 2016
Pics of my gsd puppy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog / How I Prepare My Dog Food. / The Flying Dog: Meet Spitfire, The Michael Jordan Of Dock Diving Dogs (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.