Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo (826 Views)

Why Ali Modu Sheriff Visited Obasanjo — Fayose / Why I Visited Obasanjo - Ali-Modu Sheriff (Photo) / Why I Visited Obasanjo - Bukola Saraki - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo by Nazeeboy(m): 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, on Friday said his visit to former President Olusegun Obasanjo was to receive his blessing and consult him on how to assist him in moving the Senate and the nation forward.

Mr. Saraki made this known to journalists during an interview after his over two hours closed-door meeting with Mr. Obasanjo at his Hilltop home in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital.

The senate president said he and members of his delegation also came to tap from Mr. Obasanjo’s wisdom and knowledge.

“I’m here with some of my colleagues,” Mr. Saraki said. “Since I’ve been the Senate President, as one of our fathers, the former president, we are here to pay our homage to him, to seek his advice, to get his blessing and also to consult.

“We all know President Obasanjo’s value to this country and we are here to tap from his wisdom, knowledge and experience.”

Mr. Saraki did not say the kind of consultation he held with Mr. Obasanjo.

He therefore requested the former president to step in to help in the reconciliation process.

When reporters asked him how he was sorting out his differences with his party, he said, “As you can see, things are moving smoothly. Definitely, be rest assured that all that would be put behind us very shortly. We are very confident about this.”

Speaking on the calls for a downward review of Nigerian lawmakers’ salaries and allowances, Mr. Saraki said, “Well, I think already that is in progress. If you remember last time, it was about N150billion and it’s coming down to N120billion.‎

“I think the situation in the country deserves that every public servant must make sacrifices and whatever sacrifice that is necessary, we will do it.

“And that is being done. So, be rest assured that we are sensitive, we are aware of the situation in the country and if we are going to lead, we must lead by example. And we would do that. Source:http://1push.com.ng/breaking-the-reason-why-i-visited-obasanjo-bukola-saraki/
Re: Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
Reason or no reason, Tinubu has been tamed & that's it..

Case closed!!
Re: Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo by tinuolababy(f): 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
The person above me wan die on top tinubu matter cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo by wallex1983(m): 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
Until the day 'Ebora Owu' packs up, he would still remain 'Baba Isale'

No matter what you feel!
Re: Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo by Mamatee07: 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Reason or no reason, Tinubu has been tamed & that's it..

Case closed!!

Lol, same way you said obj was finished and irrelevant in Nigerian politics yet Saraki is going to ask him for help Politics is more than winning or losing one battle . Tinubu has been in the game since the time of MKO and Abacha and he will be around after Saraki would have self destructed wink

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo by osaslord500(m): 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
Dis guy no get talk for mouth self
Re: Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo by drtwist(m): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
I think he is coming to team up with OBJ team so that they can out power TINUBU influence in yoruba land....... I dislike APC but I believe TINUBU is a king at what he do best(best).
Re: Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
Mamatee07:

Lol, same way you said obj was finished and irrelevant in Nigerian politics yet Saraki is going to ask him for help Politics is more than winning or losing one battle . Tinubu has been in the game since the time of MKO and Abacha and he will be around after Saraki would have self destructed wink
at the bolded, blame it on the media house..
Re: Saraki: The Reason Why I Visited Obasanjo by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
If a Police Officer says, Anything you say will be taken down & used as evidence... Your answer should always be, Please don't hit me again officer...

Saraki..... The sharp guy.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari To Remove Oil Subsidy - Vanguard / Executive Stalemate: Nigeria’s New Regime Grounded In Confusion / Joda Comm. To PMB: Merge Debt-ridden Arik, Aero, Others To Form National Carrier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.