Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Photos: Charleston Church Killer Says He Almost Didn't Do It Because - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photos: Charleston Church Killer Says He Almost Didn't Do It Because (851 Views)

Prince Gwamnishu Harrison Kidnapped, Cries, Says He's Leaving Nigeria (Photos) / Hired Killer Falls In Love With Target, Demands Sex (photo) / Charleston Church Shooting: Nine Die In South Carolina. 'hate Crime' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Charleston Church Killer Says He Almost Didn't Do It Because by information1: 8:08am On Jun 20, 2015
Gunman who shot dead nine black worshipers in a bible class admits the massacre but said he nearly backed out because everyone was so nice…Relatives of his victims forgave him for the killings.
Race-hate Dylann Roof, who already faces calls for the death penalty, sat for an hour with members of the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church before opening fire and killing six women and three men.
He told police:

“I wanted to start a race war, but almost didn’t go through with it because everyone was so nice.”

After the confession, Roof’s own uncle has said he would act as executioner.But as a judge asked a relative of each of those killed whether they wanted to address a bond hearing, they offered forgiveness and prayers for his soul.

Looking at the killer, the daughter of grandmother Ethel Lance, 70, said:

“I forgive you. Lord have mercy on your soul.“I will never talk to her ever again, but I forgive you. You hurt me. You hurt a lot of people but I forgive you.”

Felicia Sanders, the mother of victim Tywanza Sanders, said:

“We welcomed you in our Bible study with open arms. Every fibre in my body hurts, and I will never be the same. We enjoyed you.“Tywanza Sanders was my son. Tywanza Sanders was my hero. Tywanza was my all. May God have mercy on you.”

A representative of Myra Thompson, 59, one of those killed added:

“I forgive you and my family forgives you. Repent and confess and give your life to Christ and change your ways. You’ll be better off than you are now.”

Roof remained impassive as each relative spoke. Judge Gosnell explained he could not set bond for the murder charges.
The racist attended the bible study group at 8pm on Wednesday. At 9pm his mood changed as he stood and began ranting.

As Roof pulled a gun, Tywanza Sanders, 26, stood in front of him to save his aunt, Susie Jackson, 87. The hero tried talking him down, but the killer said:

“I have to do this “You rape our women and you’re taking over our country. And you have to go.”

Mr Sanders begged him to point the gun at him, instead of anyone else but was told:

“It don’t matter. I’m going to shoot you all.” bB

He then opened fire killing Mr Sanders, his aunt and seven others.Mr Sanders had posted video of the bible class, minutes before the killings, featuring Roof, who spared one parishioner ordering her to “tell the world” what she had seen.
The mass killer reloaded five times picking off victims including the Reverend Clementa Pinckney, a South Carolina state senator. State Governor Nikki Haley is seeking the death penalty over the killings, described by President Obama as “senseless murders”.

Roof’s uncle, Carson Cowles, said he could never forgive his nephew.
He added:

“I’ll be the one to push the button myself. If he’s found guilty. If what I am hearing is true, he needs to pay. Nobody in my family saw anything like this coming.”
https://informationengine./2015/06/20/photos-charleston-church-killer-says-he-almost-didnt-do-it-because-they-were-so-nice

Re: Photos: Charleston Church Killer Says He Almost Didn't Do It Because by echobee(f): 8:13am On Jun 20, 2015
Demon angry
Re: Photos: Charleston Church Killer Says He Almost Didn't Do It Because by ramdris(m): 8:15am On Jun 20, 2015
They should almost not sentence him to death after they must have sentence him to death by feeding the bastard to lion... angry
Re: Photos: Charleston Church Killer Says He Almost Didn't Do It Because by resty4(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
Practical christainity, they forgive him!
Re: Photos: Charleston Church Killer Says He Almost Didn't Do It Because by Kielsss(m): 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
Crazy Americans.

RIP to the dead

(1) (Reply)

. / Remember The Guy Who Said He Accidentally Raped A Girl? People Support Him! / Pastor Gets Caught While Attempting To Bury Charm Ahead Of Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.